It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Freemasons are generally, charitable, dedicated honest citizens

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 6 2004 @ 01:15 PM
link   
Freemasons are most generally, honest, reputable, men of accord. I can no longer be part of the order. However I do realize that most masons are actually good people, with a concern for their community, for charity, for those in need.

The majority of masons are very approachable, kind hearted, likeable people, with a concern for their fellow man. When I realize a man is most likely a mason, by a ring, or a symbol on their car, I approach them and converse realizing, that this man, is a man of distinction.

I feel that anyone that joins a "service club" (you see the signs for Freemasons, Lions, K of C, listed on the service club signs) has a dedication to do more in his community, to make the world a better place by actively getting involved in the "service club" he has chosen to serve in.

Please make not, that I do not have hatred of any type toward masons themselves. I commend the good work they do for our community.

The Shriners hospitals are some of the best in the world for burn victims, especially children.

I'm Filipino, and some of the greatest Filipino hero's were affiliated with the masons.

So hat's off to the Masons on board, and I applaud all the volunteering that you do for society.

CC

posted on Oct, 6 2004 @ 01:21 PM
link   
Well, that's certainly good of you to say, and it's a reasonable assesmemt as well.

Most Masons are indeed good people . . . as evidenced by the Masons on this site.

I'm sure they will appreciate your kind words.

[edit on 6-10-2004 by LTD602]

posted on Oct, 6 2004 @ 01:25 PM
link   
CC, is this a change of heart? If so, welcome... Masons aren't bad, just misunderstood by those that choose ignorance over substance. Well done!

posted on Oct, 6 2004 @ 03:24 PM
link   
CC, if he is the same man I have conversed with on the Lodgeroom and Ministry of Masons, is an Entered Apprentice Mason who is a Catholic and withdrew from masonry when his priest (??) objected to his membership.

He has always been an honorable man, and though I do not agree with all his positions and assessments, I would greet him as a brother... and he is a member of the Knights of Colombus...

posted on Oct, 6 2004 @ 03:31 PM
link   
Thank You Theron, yes, we have conversed in thelodge room before. I would also greet you as a brother.

And as for disagreement, where would discussion be if everyone just agreed on everything eh?

posted on Oct, 6 2004 @ 03:33 PM
link   
I think we can all welcome such a man!

posted on Oct, 6 2004 @ 03:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by chief_counsellor
Thank You Theron, yes, we have conversed in thelodge room before. I would also greet you as a brother.

And as for disagreement, where would discussion be if everyone just agreed on everything eh?

My brother, that is why I am here, to discuss and see what others think. To quote Bill McElligott:

I already KNOW what I think

so discussing issues and reading other opinions is a learning exercise, even where I disagree.

I greet you my brother.

posted on Oct, 6 2004 @ 03:52 PM
link   
Even if I desired to re-join such an honorable order as the Freemasons again, my strong religious convictions prevent this. As I decided in another forum, if the church ever retracted it's statements on masonry, and changed it's stance, I could have said desire.

However, one of the reasons for the creation of the Knights of Columbus by Rev. Fr. Micheal J McGivney, was to offer an alternative to masonry that Catholics would be approved to be affiliated with.

I have found solace as a Knight of Columbus, and am very involved. I've been appointed Lecturer (in charge of education of the council regarding programs, and the good of the order), I am 2nd year Trustee, Youth Activities Director, as well as a uniformed 4th Degree Knight performing honor guard duties as requested by my Assembly.

I recommend to all Catholic men here, to look into joining the Knights of Columbus.

Knights of Columbus and Freemasons have better relationships these days. There used to be a Knight/Mason golf tournament held annually in my city, dont' know if it is still functioning, and on remembrance day, we march in the same parade. Although not side by side, or close to each other, we are still marching in the same parade on that day. There are other events where Knights and Masons get together.

There is even people that, though forbidden by the church and by the Supreme Council of the Knights of Columbus(I have recieved a written reply from Supreme on this matter), join both the Knights of Columbus and Freemasons at the same time. I don't know how the heck they find the time to do both.

I don't think I'll see it in my lifetime....but one day in the future, there could possibly be amends.

If it is true that there are cardinals that are masons, we could get a Masonic Pope! Then we would see in my lifetime reconcile. Or if the conspiracists are correct, that a Masonic Pope would try to change church doctrine completely around.

If the cardinals that are supposedly masons, or if a masonic pope is elected, and no harm comes to the church, then the lies of conspiracists will be exposed, or if harm does come to the church, then what the conspiracists were saying would come true.

Anyhow, I'm getting off topic of this thread, but I'm beginning to doubt that the Freemasonry is out to harm the church from within, and would like to see reconcile between the two factions.

From what I understand Freemasons accept Catholics into their ranks without question, and actually commend them for facing possible persecution by their church for doing so.

Man, I've said a lot, and some of my theories are exposed now. But always remember, I have nothing against Masonry, as long as their is no harm done to my church.

I love my Saviour, I love my church, I love the Pope, and I'm proud to be Catholic. So, please understand, that possible lies about freemasonry may have blocked my vision, but my love for my church is strong, I don't want anything to happen to Her.

new topics

top topics

join