It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Would You Find Me Guilty?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 06:57 AM
link   
If you were a part of a jury, and I was being charged with theft for stealing peoples money and giving it to the poor, even if this includes stealing from the poor, middle class, and elites. Would you find me guilty?

Is there any excuse that I could make?

Is there any necessity for society claim that I could make to sway your opinion?

Or, is theft... well, theft? Regardless of who grants me the ability to do so? Regardless of said granters interpretations of previous granters?

Can I take from you, and give to another... in the name of society? Is it possible, that in doing so, I am removing an integral part of human nature, molding peoples perceptions, and creating an environment that is conducive towards removing individual's ability to... well, being independent?

For many, this line of questioning has an obvious correlation or parallel to recent events in the US. For now, I would appreciate that replies are in regards to the questions themselves, removing any rhetoric that aims to support or be of dissent towards a form of government, economy, or mentioned recent events.

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 07:04 AM
link   
Well, given that juries reach verdicts by consensus, and perhaps just a couple of them would see the justice in playing Robin Hood, the chances are the verdict would be guilty.
Assuming they were convinced by the prosecution you were on the rob, of course.

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 07:08 AM
link   
If you stole one of my kidneys for your child or some #, I think I'd shrug it off/

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 07:09 AM
link   
reply to post by FractalChaos13242017

Depends

Are the elites stealing and getting away with it?

yes? then no

you cant uphold a law if the lawmakers are excluded.

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 07:11 AM
link   

I would be fine if 100% of the good go to the poor, and as long as stealing from me won't leave me crippled and down in the dirt.. but i would have given money if asked anyway...

Jury won;t be 100% against you but you would still found guilty.. since you broke the law... and laws are there for a reason, if not everyone can say they stealing for the poor and keep it for themselves.
edit on 6/29/2012 by luciddream because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 07:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by article

Depends

Are the elites stealing and getting away with it?

yes? then no

you cant uphold a law if the lawmakers are excluded.

One second please, let me take the time to

Ok, much better, where was I?

Lets just say... I 100% DISAGREE!

It has nothing to do with other people. This is me, this case... this time. Not before, not someone else, not 'the system'... this is me! There's absolutely know reason that I should be judge based upon the unethical practices of others.

You CAN uphold the law, in doing so... the law makers ARE included!

Oh... I can already tell I'm going to have fun with this thread lol!

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 07:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by Swamper
If you stole one of my kidneys for your child or some #, I think I'd shrug it off/

I highly doubt this...

If someone stole, which implies either being with out your acknowledgement or with force one of your kidneys. You would most definitely NOT shrug it off. You can sit there now, and claim otherwise... the reality is, it would effect you.

I don't think you thought that one threw... There's no way someone would just 'shrug it off' if they were violated in such terms.

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 07:42 AM
link   
Gee, are we talking about Obamacare?

Since Obama has decreed that those who don't buy health care should be taxed, yes, it's theft.
edit on 6/29/2012 by aaaiii because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 08:31 AM
link   

The judgement would be on a case to case basis, if you lived like a banker, you gonna git the chair tho.

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 10:23 AM
link   
I'm not sure about the jury part. But there's been tons and tons of cases where this has happened in society. Such as Robinhood. Problem is you'll still get charged for it. So it's not worth doing really. I think way back in the day this would be more popular. Today we have way more opinions to make money legally that one who's smart wouldn't need to explore acts of desperation. The other thing is you never help the poor by giving them a hand out. Usually you only hurt them because they don't learn to fend for themselves.

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 05:27 PM
link   
I would find you guilty. I'd feel bad for you, but you broke the law.

What if the money you stole was earmarked for an expensive operation? Or to open a factory that would employ hundreds? We could play"what if" scenarios all day long.

Sorry. I'd convict Jean Val-jean, too. But I'd recommend a commuted sentence!

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 05:36 PM
link   

if i were part of a jury i could only state my opinion and personal judgement, not sure in how that would translate into a verdict though.
my opinion is that if you steal from someone who is guilty of fraud or money laundering that directly affects you and the poor constituents, then it is permissible if you return the money to whom it was stolen from as long as the amount given to the poor is related to the amount taken or withheld from them. how you get those calculations, i have no ideal

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 05:45 PM
link   

Is there any excuse that I could make?

You could claim to be "Robin Hood"...

I'd believe you..

top topics

join