It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fort Bragg Army Base One Soldier Dead : Two Wounded

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 05:57 AM
link   
I didn't see this posted and I don't know where it goes.(Mods. Move it where you see fit)

SOURCE: Reuters

(Reuters) - A U.S. soldier killed a member of his unit during a safety briefing at Fort Bragg in North Carolina on Thursday, then shot and wounded himself, the Army base said in a statement.

I sure hope this doesn't have anything to do with that insane pipe dream of a 72 hour "Operation Green Light". And I hope it was an isolated incident with no copy cats following. Regardless, this is a tragedy. How many times do we have to hear about members of our armed forces , losing it and going on shooting rampages ?

edit on 29-6-2012 by skepticconwatcher because: correct text

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 05:59 AM
link   
reply to post by skepticconwatcher

Well, apparently he is not a very good shot if he only wounded himself.

But yeah, some serious questions needs to be asked about the stability of many soldiers.

vvv

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 06:05 AM
link   
reply to post by VreemdeVlieendeVoorwep

No. he killed a member of his unit first. Then, shot himself.

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 06:07 AM
link   
reply to post by skepticconwatcher

Yeah, killed a member of his unit, then "shot and wounded himself".

This is sad for the family of the guy he killed, and even sadder for himself. I am sorry mate, but I have no compassion for this "soldier"

vvv

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 06:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by skepticconwatcher
I didn't see this posted and I don't know where it goes.(Mods. Move it where you see fit)

SOURCE: Reuters

(Reuters) - A U.S. soldier killed a member of his unit during a safety briefing at Fort Bragg in North Carolina on Thursday, then shot and wounded himself, the Army base said in a statement.

I sure hope this doesn't have anything to do with that insane pipe dream of a 72 hour "Operation Green Light". And I hope it was an isolated incident with no copy cats following. Regardless, this is a tragedy. How many times do we have to hear about members of our armed forces , losing it and going on shooting rampages ?

edit on 29-6-2012 by skepticconwatcher because: correct text

What is "Operation Green Light"?

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 06:10 AM
link   
reply to post by PlanetXisHERE

Search it here.

Some nut proclaiming some overthrow of everything. I only just heard about it too.

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 06:11 AM
link   
reply to post by VreemdeVlieendeVoorwep

I don't either. Not for him. But as much as we're monitoring everyone and everything, you'd think we'd be able to see that something wasn't right with this one BEFORE he went off.

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 06:39 AM
link   
Looks like he killed his commander. So something says there may have been a little tension between the two. He didn't go after anybody else. I don't think it has anything to do with operation green light or zombies. From what the news is saying, the shooter is in critical condition. Seems to be an isolated incident. No conspiracy here.
edit on 29-6-2012 by Manhater because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join