It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Weirdest Clouds I Ever Saw

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 02:10 AM
link   
They are almost like the sort of thing you'd see in a big block buster movie where the alien spaceship enters our atmosphere.......great pics

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 08:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by Curio

Originally posted by TheLegend

@the OP photo, it's odd and not long ago, here in Arkansas, there was a startling formation that looked just like this:
i.telegraph.co.uk...
Guess what? It too is called a "mammatus cloud formation". I've never seen this before. Why are these formations suddenly popping up? Why is there no real explanation for them? I just see a bunch of hypothesis. Why are they so very pronounced and ominous lately--how is the human psyche tied into this if at all? I've never been instinctively anxious around clouds until I saw them and now again with seeing your photo.
edit on 29-6-2012 by TheLegend because: (no reason given)

Erm, what?
Mammatus clouds have been around since the dawn of time. They're not even very rare,

The following is a picture my mom took as we were exiting a restaurant, it doesn't even look uncanny at all compared to the other pics displayed on this thread alone, however the pic doesn't do it justice.

In actuality it looked like a topographical map turned upside and the humps and dips were very pronounced. We started having a conversation very much like the one taking place on this thread and both came to the conclusion that this seems a recent phenomenon that is getting more common as time progresses.

Why?

Humans have been taking photographs for over a hundred years with a tendency to point and shoot whenever they see something strange or awesome. Why are all these super weird cloud formations all more recent? I've never seen any decades old or century old photographs like the one the OP and others have posted, ever, anywhere? In textbooks describing the different types of clouds and their common formations, I distinctly remember clouds like the ones in the OP being omitted for some reason. Seems like these Mammatus clouds and Tunnel Clouds are somewhat common, but not when photos were in black and white.

I propose prior to, let's say 1980, that these clouds were not only uncommon, but more or less non existent.

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 08:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by JibbyJedi
These types of clouds have been known for decades apparently.
That doesn't mean they are "natural" by any means. Anything after 1900 & Nikola Tesla is fair game for argumentation & speculation. My 1st encounter with Mammatus clouds was 2010.

Regardless, there's nothing you or I can do about them or their weirdness.
Let's just embrace the horror of modern technology and their lack of disclosure.

Typical conspiracy BS statement.

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 09:24 AM
link   
the pictures scared the # out of me

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 09:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Ameilia

Thats insane S@F

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 10:02 AM
link   
reply to post by TheLegend

In the ancient Vedic scriptures there was a mention of how vimanas (spacecrafts use by the gods) functioned and were built. In it they stated that the vimana could produce a cloudlike cover.

Can confirm that from personal experience. The time I saw a craft it disappeared into the only cloud in the whole sky after an abrupt angle change in flight direction. Interesting that scripture. How old is that?

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 07:47 PM
link   
reply to post by intrptr

Ya I saw something similar. Those scriptures are roughly 4k years old.
In this video you can see a UFO fly out to the right side of the screen at 19-20 seconds. It comes from within the "cloud".

Here's the raw footage. You can see it more clearly near 5 seconds.

edit on 30-6-2012 by TheLegend because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 11:11 PM
link   
reply to post by TheLegend

Ya I saw something similar. Those scriptures are roughly 4k years old.

Thanks for that. I guess multi-million year old technology hasn't changed much in our time, has it.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join