It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Article: Christian Leaders as Servants

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 11:09 PM
link   

Much of our servant ministry comes from the biblical image of the shepherd leading his sheep. The shepherd will do and should do anything, including laying down his life, for those he has in his care. The shepherd would not think of eating his meal before he had feed his sheep and seen to their needs.

F ull article

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 12:47 PM
link   
Like all true Servents of god in all views (religons). Service to all around you in your own way. But the leader do not always have to be last but needs to make sure all are taken care of and if there is to little resources splitt the resources equally. He does not have to suffer just make sure he is not putting himself above the others. The best leader is an equal that leads and everybody follows because the direction makes sense and if it does not and somebody esle have another idea that makes more sense then a new direction is made. When you are in my domain of knowledge where i understand the most I better lead you. When you have all the wisdom and I have no clue you will lead me. And when we both have the same understanding we will make the best action after a discussion based on the information we have. Lead a man without telling the person why and you will have to give him directions on what to do all the time. Lead a man and teach the person why we should do it like this and the man can lead himself after a while and the combined knowledge might evolve to be bigger than it's parts.
edit on 29-6-2012 by apushforenlightment because: spellchecking

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 12:51 PM
link   
Tell that to those priest rolling in gold and money and $100,000 cars. to top it off TAX FREE!

Some leaders heh..

I know you mean individuals as leaders, but currently Priest are the "leaders" of the community that surrounds the church

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 05:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by luciddream
Tell that to those priest rolling in gold and money and $100,000 cars. to top it off TAX FREE!

Some leaders heh..

I know you mean individuals as leaders, but currently Priest are the "leaders" of the community that surrounds the church

You forgot that one fellow who bought a 100k Rolex and tried to minimize his bling.

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 07:49 AM
link   
The shepherd analogy is quite apt when you think about it.

Seemingly intelligent mammals that blindly follow..........who are then then butchered, roasted and eaten......by the shepherd.

Sheep steaks taste good

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 08:26 AM
link   
A similar theme could have been developed from the writings of Paul;
"What then is Apollos? What is Paul? Servants through whom you believed, as the Lord assigned to each.";
1 Corinthians ch3 v5

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 01:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by luciddream

Some leaders heh..

No, priests are the leaders of the Catholic church which is not a valid representation of the Church in Scriptures. They have so many pagan and unscriptural influences in their organization.

new topics

top topics

join