It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ObamaCare For Dummies...An Honest Question.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 07:44 PM
link   
I know the answer is out there in cyber someplace and most likely here on ATS in multiple threads but I have been searching ATS and can't seem to find it.

I have read many remarks and 90% don't have too much of a positive outlook on the plan. From what I understand and admittedly it's a lot less than Americans who are living it, it's now mandatory and actually a law forcing people to buy this new plan. It can also be taken from tax returns if a failure to pay situation crops up. Hope I have this right so far...

But what I can't seem to find is the cost. What does it cost for an individual, a family, certain income brackets etc? Is it Monthly, Quarterly, Annually or maybe Weekly for the payment plan? I can't find the answers here.

So please treat this as the "ObamaCare For Dummies" thread and maybe spell it out in layman's terms what the actual costs are. There are many of us here (including Americans) that would like a simple, laid out explanation of what and how this will affect the American Citizen.

Please & Thank you...

Peace

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 08:06 PM
link   
Good question.
That's what I want to know too.

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 08:11 PM
link   
I don't think ANYONE knows....even the CBO said there is no way to calculate the cost to consumer or government. And if health insurance companies are still doing business as usual, then everyone would have to shop for the best price.....the big question is....now that it is definitely a tax...does everyone have to pay it on top of healthcare premiums or only those who refuse to pay for a healthcare plan? And what is the cutoff for the new poverty line? "They" are saying the poverty line will be raised for Obamacare so more people will be eligible for medicare/caid...and that of course will raise costs which has to be paid for somehow.

I see a big 'ole snowball coming our way...

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 08:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by grumpydaysleeper
Good question.
That's what I want to know too.

There is a lot of complaining going on (rightfully so) anger, disillusionment, fear etc...I understand it all by the very fact of the bill itself.

But I still don't see the actual monetary cost to the individual addressed.

Peace

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 08:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by timetothink
I don't think ANYONE knows....even the CBO said there is no way to calculate the cost to consumer or government. And if health insurance companies are still doing business as usual, then everyone would have to shop for the best price.....the big question is....now that it is definitely a tax...does everyone have to pay it on top of healthcare premiums or only those who refuse to pay for a healthcare plan? And what is the cutoff for the new poverty line? "They" are saying the poverty line will be raised for Obamacare so more people will be eligible for medicare/caid...and that of course will raise costs which has to be paid for somehow.

I see a big 'ole snowball coming our way...

I actually don't put too much attention towards the cost to Govt. because that cost comes from the tax payer anyway.

But if someone could just say for example "My plan cost me this much...this Month...and every Month" Something like that.

Peace

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 08:20 PM
link   
I'm so glad you made this thread! I have been searching for a while now but I still don't feel like I'm finding out what it exactly is other than what you mentioned and some stuff about medicare. There has got to be more given all the upheaval it's brought about.
If anyone knows, my question is how or if at all will it affect a person like myself whose employer pays 100% of my premium each month?

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 08:24 PM
link   
reply to post by jude11

I totally agree, I was just using the CBO's wording...it's all our money in the end. The problem is this thing is a train gone off the rails, I do not see anyway to nail down a cost to an individual because it will constantly be changing. It's a nightmare.

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 08:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Celestial1
I'm so glad you made this thread! I have been searching for a while now but I still don't feel like I'm finding out what it exactly is other than what you mentioned and some stuff about medicare. There has got to be more given all the upheaval it's brought about.
If anyone knows, my question is how or if at all will it affect a person like myself whose employer pays 100% of my premium each month?

Only a guess but if the costs rise to fearful heights, you will lose that benefit. How can it not happen? Especially with smaller businesses that are struggling already.

Hope not but...

Peace

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 08:30 PM
link   

reply to post by jude11

I totally agree, I was just using the CBO's wording...it's all our money in the end. The problem is this thing is a train gone off the rails, I do not see anyway to nail down a cost to an individual because it will constantly be changing. It's a nightmare.

Agreed.

So does anyone know what the first Month bill will be at least?

Guaranteed this will rise over time as everything else does but I'm just trying to nail down what the first bill is going to look like? There has to be some estimate if not an actual number.

$50..$100...$500? Per person? Family?

Can't seem to find what any of this means to the pocket book. A lot of frustration out there but no actual numbers.

Peace

edit on 28-6-2012 by jude11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 08:31 PM
link   
reply to post by jude11

We did an extensive breake down of Obama care and its provisions here in ATS back when it was been put on the table, one of the problems with it is just that, you will find out how much is going to cost when you are forced to buy insurance.

Just remember that the ones behind the health care reform is big insurance companies and big pharma, remember also that the ones behind the close door meetings on this were them and Obama.

So with that up front do not expect to be affordable in a nation like us that is all for profits.

I can tell you that my husband is retire with government subsided health care we just got jam with an increase last month on our prescriptions and next will be an increase on premiums and co pays one triple the other one will double, with that say I can only imagine what is heading next to those that are not on government benefits.

Obamacare is not what people think.

edit on 28-6-2012 by marg6043 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 08:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
reply to post by jude11

We did an extensive breake down of Obama care and its provisions here in ATS back when it was been put on the table, one of the problems with it is just that, you will find out how much is going to cost when you are forced to buy insurance.

Just remember that the ones behind the health care reform is big insurance companies and big pharma, remember also that the ones behind the close door meetings on this were them and Obama.

So with that up front do not expect to be affordable in a nation like us that is all for profits.

I can tell you that my husband is retire with government subsided health care we just got jam with an increase last month on our prescriptions and next will be an increase on premiums and co pays one triple the other one will double, with that say I can only imagine what is heading next to those that are not on government benefits.

Obamacare is not what people think.

edit on 28-6-2012 by marg6043 because: (no reason given)

Ok, that I understand.

But is it possible that the imagined cost factor is getting in the way of the actual slap in the face to the citizens of having it forced down their throats? Especially if the cost isn't even known yet.

Peace

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 08:50 PM
link   
reply to post by marg6043

I believe that it is not what people think it is at all! The majority of people I talk to about it have told me it is universal healthcare or free healthcare. Now, I don't know a lot but I do know that it is neither.
I fear that we will find out in the days (or years) to come that it was just a 'front' and the real things they were so eager to get passed are burried in the thousands of pages so most wouldn't figure out what it's really about.

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 08:50 PM
link   
reply to post by jude11

Hey Jude (couldn't help myself) do you have healthcare now?

What I want to know is do we really get to keep what we have now?

I will be really pissed if I lose what we have....

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 08:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Celestial1

I am hearing the same things...they think it's a free or all...unless they are poor, it's not.

And guess what, if you are poor, you already had free healthcare, nothing changed.

What changed is people who chose not to have it or pay as they go, now have to have it. Yipee.

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 08:58 PM
link   

reply to post by jude11

Hey Jude (couldn't help myself) do you have healthcare now?

What I want to know is do we really get to keep what we have now?

I will be really pissed if I lose what we have....

I have HC but in Canada. It's under $60 per Month.

I don't know what I would do if I was forced to buy it tho...wait, yes I do and it wouldn't be pretty...

Peace

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 09:00 PM
link   

reply to post by marg6043

I believe that it is not what people think it is at all! The majority of people I talk to about it have told me it is universal healthcare or free healthcare. Now, I don't know a lot but I do know that it is neither.
I fear that we will find out in the days (or years) to come that it was just a 'front' and the real things they were so eager to get passed are burried in the thousands of pages so most wouldn't figure out what it's really about.

You can be sure that there are going to be countless surprises over the next little while with 'Hidden' bills in the paperwork that just happened to be attached...and buried.

Peace

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 09:03 PM
link   
reply to post by timetothink

From what I do understand, it will be easier for people to get the free gov. healthcare also, they will be raising the max you can make to qualify.
Is that the plan, to get more people relying on the government? Harder to question or fight them when you depend on them for something like health insurance, especially if you have children.

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 09:09 PM
link   

reply to post by timetothink

From what I do understand, it will be easier for people to get the free gov. healthcare also, they will be raising the max you can make to qualify.
Is that the plan, to get more people relying on the government? Harder to question or fight them when you depend on them for something like health insurance, especially if you have children.

Something I never thought about. Great point to question if true.

And if true, it certainly does make people more reliant on Govt. First the food, and fuel. Now the fixing of boo-boos for your kids.

Scary thought indeed.

So I'm guessing that you haven't heard what the actual cost will be either?

Peace

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 09:14 PM
link   
reply to post by jude11

Well the only thing that Obama care is promising is that you will not be turn down for pre existing conditions and that you will be treated, but we already know that many states under their laws offer care for the poor and needy, we already know that none profit hospitals will not turn you down for a condition and we know that if you don't work you can not afford care so that is what Medicaid is for.

The healthcare reform do not specified in its content how the cost of healthcare will be monitored or how much you will pay, we all know that big insurance companies already has boosted the prices of premiums after the passing of the healthcare we all know that cost already will be increased yearly regardless of the passing.

That much we already know for now. But rest assured that the big CEOs behind this bill will be making their profits regardless.

Now if the initial cost is to run in the trillions of dollars do not expect this healthcare to be affordable as somebody has to make a profit out of it.

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 09:20 PM
link   
reply to post by jude11

No, I have not. All I can find is this:
The gov will be deciding or influencing (or something) the prices that insurance companies can charge. Supposedly they will force them to charge affordable rates making it affordable for everyone to buy.
Sounds comforting huh?
My mind keeps repeating that old guy on Independence Day "$50,000 for a toilet seat..."

edit on 28-6-2012 by Celestial1 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join