It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

One Sly Old Fox Saying Hi...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 07:28 PM
link   
Hiya everyone.

So I've been skulking for a few days here, and thought I'd make the jump into the actual conversation. I've been researching into most aspects of the Occult and Paranormal for as long as I can remember, so I'm mainly going to be haunting the weirder posts here at ATS, though I also have a Skeptical side - it's kind of a duality thing that I enjoy. I tend to listen to a lot of Ground Zero and Coast To Coast AM, and I'm also a mature Psychology student over at Goldsmiths University in London.

What else...?

Oh, I have a blog dedicated to Magick and the Paranormal (though I won't spam the link here just yet), and an abiding obsession with cheese. And yes, my nickname is Fox (a fact that is mentioned over at the aforementioned blog), and yes, it did indeed start off as an insult back when I was at college and people found out that I was into all this odd stuff. Damn X-Files.

So that's it, hope to see y'all around...

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 07:32 PM
link   
reply to post by RebelWithoutASoul

Hi there Fox- happy to see you here. I have many of the same interests as you (though I usually enjoy reading the occult forum rather than posting much to it).

What is your website ? I'd love to check it out if you give the link.

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 07:39 PM
link   
Hello Fox,

Welcome to ATS. I hope to see you around the forums. As I am sure you have seen from your lurking around, we have plenty of odd and occult stuff for everybody.

Enjoy your time here.

edit on 28-6-2012 by watchitburn because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 07:58 PM
link   
Thanks for the welcome guys. @Seaside Sky: [SNIPPED], it's an odd mix of Magick and Skepticism, and an intriguing read if I do say so myself. I'll link it up in my signature when I've done the whole 6 months contributor thing, but for now Google should let you find it without much trouble. Not too sure that I should be posting direct links to it in only my second post here y'see.

**Mod Edit**
You can not advertise another website or blog or include it in your signature without the direct consent of the ownership of the AboveNetwork LLC.

19) Advertising: You will not advertise or promote other discussion boards, chat systems, online communities or other websites on the Websites within posts, private messages, avatars and/or signatures without prior written permission from TAN. You will not choose a username that is the same as a website domain, subdomain, URL, organization, or business for which you are associated. Doing so will result in removal of your Post(s) and immediate termination of your account.

For more on this please refer to the Terms and Conditions of your membership

Please refer to my below post for more...

edit on 6/30/2012 by JohnnyAnonymous because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 09:14 PM
link   
reply to post by RebelWithoutASoul

What a good website ! I really do mean this. I have a question for you (if you don't mind sharing some of your experience).

I'm in the process of trying to influence a situation and I acquired a paperclip from the target. No- I'm not trying to do anything particularly dark here- simply an effort to enlighten the opinion of some authorities. I've been in the process of forming a talisman from it and I'd appreciate your assistance. I could tell you what I've done thus far, but feel it best not to broadcast details as it might taint the process. I will say that I'm forging a ring, but I'm not sure what sigels and symbols ought to be used, and how.

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 05:21 AM
link   
Well you really have three ways to go. You can either a) design a Sigil of your own (by taking the intent that you have, breaking it down into a sentence and drawing and re-drawing the letters all jumbled up until they make a pictogram - there are plenty of tutorials about it online); b) create a symbol that has no current Magickal associations (but that you personally know represents your desire to enlighten the third party - it really could be anything, even a doodle or squiggly line as long as you yourself know what it is for); or finally c) go with an established alphabet like the Elder Futhark (better known as the Viking Runes).

'C' is easier, I used the Runes quite a bit when I was starting out as a Mage, as it has the bonus of having a well defined set of associations for each Rune and having many years of both Magickal and mundane history to it, but over time I became a little confined by what they represented - the very fact that there are set associations made me feel that they lacked freedom of expression. I currently go with a mix of 'A' and 'B' (mostly 'B'). I'll link you up to a pretty good Rune website below. Don't forget about Bind Runes - that's when you take two or more Runes and draw them over each other to get a new, combined symbol that has the power of both. Might be just what you need...

**Mod Edit**
..Live link removed..

19) Advertising: You will not advertise or promote other discussion boards, chat systems, online communities or other websites on the Websites within posts, private messages, avatars and/or signatures without prior written permission from TAN. You will not choose a username that is the same as a website domain, subdomain, URL, organization, or business for which you are associated. Doing so will result in removal of your Post(s) and immediate termination of your account.

For more on this please refer to the Terms and Conditions of your membership

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 12:56 AM
link   

RebelWithoutASoul

Be sure to try out Ask ATS with any "search words" of your choice, you will find numerous threads to choose from to add your thoughts to. Once you have achieved the minimum of 20 post replies, you will be able to create your own threads in their appropriate areas & additionally send & receive messages to fellow ATS members.

Here are some handy links to get you oriented into now becoming a valued member of ATS.

Reaffirming ATS Policies ( Please Read First )
Terms & Conditions Of Use (Please read second)
Visit here next - ATS Freshmans Forum
Index of Important ATS Related Threads
Starting a New Thread ?... Look Here First
Hey New Members!! Come here if you need advice
Easy Way to Upload Your Pics & Avatar Graphics

*** Please have fun, ATS at times is like a rollercoaster ride! But be aware if you act in an uncivil-like manner, discuss personal illicit drug usage, use profanity, troll, intentionally spread a hoax, spam, advertise and/or get verbally abusive, you will be removed off the ride by a Moderator. This is for your safety, & also for those both young and old on the ride with you.

So buckle up, keep your arms within the ride's comfort zone, have fun and "Deny Ignorance"...!

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 03:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by JohnnyAnonymous

Here are some handy links to get you oriented into now becoming a valued member of ATS.

Hi JonnyAnonymous. I read the terms and conditions and the ATS policies before I signed up, but it seems to mostly deal with the use of direct 'quotations' from other websites and videos. With that in mind, what is the accepted practice here at ATS for actually linking up to external websites that have content that may be of use in the discussion (like the rune one above?). Did I miss something when I was reading it? If it's frowned upon to do so then wouldn't the conversation just devolve into opinion without any evidence?

Don't get me wrong, I rather like this site, I'm both happy to abide by the rules (I wasn't going to share the actual link to my blog here for example, because I was aware of the rules regarding such things - but I was asked so I didn't want to be rude and tell the other poster nothing) and I'm also planning on staying a while, but I'm scratching my head here with regards to direct links to other sites when embedding may not be an option due to the whole website itself being of use (a fact especially true with some of the more Occult/weird subjects out there that are at best complex and at worst incomprehensible if taken in little snippets). Either way, once you let me know, there's a couple of other posts I need to edit (one on Springheel Jack where I linked up to a researcher's website) but I'll get onto that myself after I find out...

edit on 30/6/2012 by RebelWithoutASoul because: edited for clarity now that I am actually awake.

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 04:48 AM
link   
This is an introductions forum.

Once you've achieved 20 or more posts you'll have full access to the website (per se', certain areas require more such as chat).

If you had read the Terms and Conditions you would've seen the following:

TERMS & CONDITIONS OF USE
15e.) Recruitment/Solicitation:

i) You will not use your membership in the Websites for any type of recruitment to any causes whatsoever. You will not Post, use the chat feature, use videos, or use the private message system to disseminate advertisements, chain letters, petitions, pyramid schemes, or any kind of solicitation for political action, social action, letter campaigns, or related online and/or offline coordinated actions of any kind.

Mod Note: Posting work written by others.- Please Review This Link.

And here in the terms and Conditions section 4
No endorsement of User Content
4) No Endorsement of User Content. Our Users are solely responsible for all posted Content (as defined in the next sentence) that is uploaded, posted, emailed, transmitted or otherwise made available on or through the Websites (collectively, "Post"). "User Content" means User-Posted content or information of any type or medium, including but not limited to: letters, emails or other messages; other forms of communication through the Websites; personal User information; board posts; reader reviews; blogs, ratings, data, notes and testimonials; images; audio or video files; and podcasts. User acknowledges and agree that TAN does not endorse any User Content and is not responsible or liable for any User Content, even though it may be unlawful, harassing, libelous, privacy invading, abusive, threatening, harmful, hateful, vulgar, obscene, and/or disruptive, or may infringe upon, misappropriate, or otherwise violate the intellectual property or other rights of another.

Signatures Guidelines:

No advertising of your personal or other websites until you have been a contributing member for at least 6 months. All URLs must be approved by an ATS Administrator or Site Owner prior to display.

edit on 6/30/2012 by JohnnyAnonymous because: typos

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 05:02 AM
link   
reply to post by JohnnyAnonymous

Ooops, just edited the post before yours as you were posting your reply now that I am not half asleep, which probably means that this conversation makes even less sense to everyone else now. Honestly, I am trying my best to do the right thing here, I've been around enough trolls in my time to know what happens when there's no moderation on a forum, so I've got no problem with doing things the way you guys want, but it's all to easy to read terms and conditions and not realise that a certain section is going to be relevant to a certain situation once you get down to the boards. But anyway, thanks for the help. Now I have a link or two in my recent posts to the research of others - should I remove them or is there an accepted way to direct link without quoting?

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 05:09 AM
link   
Don't sweat it...

You've got yourself 20 posts now and can go all over the website and create any thread you like (Caveat: No Drug thread or discussion)

Congrats!

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 05:11 AM
link   
reply to post by JohnnyAnonymous

Probably the only one word reply I will ever do here, but: 'thanks'.

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 05:14 AM
link   
Welcome aboard the lunacy disco...now grab my butt and we'll conga to the next page of this thread.....

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 05:44 PM
link   
Welcome! I'm new here, too!

top topics

join