It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I know this is sad but...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 05:59 PM
link   
I simply am tired of it... humanity in general. I have come to the conclusion that animals are by far more "humane" than man. Now I know some will say you cannot compare an animal to the life of a human, and you are right, however, although the animal world is savage to some extent, animals ONLY kill out of necessity. Humans tend to harm each other just for pleasure, or spur of the moment actions. Animals don't kill for resources, animals are part of the equation but have no voice for with which to speak up. Humans, could, and maybe one day will, make the world a better place for everyone, but I doubt it. We burn off forests for fuel, poach animals for money, over fish, over farm, etc. only to wake up one day and ask what happened as the last of a species dies out...

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated”
- Mahatma Gandhi

"Animals are such agreeable friends - they ask no questions, they pass no criticisms”
- George Eliot

edit on 28-6-2012 by pityocamptes because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 06:02 PM
link   
Animals show us what we cannot achieve brother. Unconditional love. I've never had a person stand by my side like a dog will. They understand, while we do not.......

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 06:09 PM
link   
the animal world is much more vicious than humanity, and that's saying allot.

imagine a small perch living in a pike and bass infested lake.

then you'll know the meaning of terror.

the perch doesn't care that the pike ate him for food. from the perches point of view it's even more horrific.

something is trying to eat it alive.

hundreds of eyes stalking its every move, invisibly, razor sharp teeth belonging to a creature 1000x its weight that could strike instantly from any vegetation, restricting its whole life to being motionless, and only moving when the pangs of hunger in it's belly force it out of necessity, to feed and avoid death.

humans have it pretty easy if we can stop inflicting harm on each other.

animals don't have that luxury.

edit on 28-6-2012 by randomname because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 06:10 PM
link   
reply to post by pityocamptes

I totally understand your disillusionment, but some animals do kill for reasons other than necessity. I have seen cats play with a mouse or frog until the poor creature dies and then they just get bored and walk away.
Don't give up on your species.

We are also capable of great and beautiful things.

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 06:14 PM
link   

I fully agree,I,m in my mid forties and have met many people, apart from my own blood none can be trully trusted,they always seem to be working to their own agenders.I have an Akita and me and the dog have this wonderfull trust and respect thing in each other,it is trully the most refreshing thing along with my children and wife in my life.I know the dog would defend me and my family without question and I trust the dog more then any other human.But I know our time together will be short and when the end comes it will break my heart.

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 06:16 PM
link   
reply to post by randomname

That is survival. Pike have to kill They can't go to the local grocery store and buy produce. If they don't hunt they don't live. I really don't think they are evil or vicious because they do what they have to in order to survive. I cannot say the same for humans. Our fellow humans kill each other over sneakers, or a small amount of money. Have you heard of a pike robbing, or raping a perch?
edit on 28-6-2012 by Covertblack because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 06:17 PM
link   
Maybe I phrased it wrong...
i think the difference between what animals do and what humans do, is that humans can reason out what they are doing, whereas animals are driven by instinct..

link   

Man make Beer
Beer Good
Man Good

link   

Originally posted by pityocamptes
I simply am tired of it... humanity in general. I have come to the conclusion that animals are by far more "humane" than man. Now I know some will say you cannot compare an animal to the life of a human, and you are right, however, although the animal world is savage to some extent, animals ONLY kill out of necessity. Humans tend to harm each other just for pleasure, or spur of the moment actions. Animals don't kill for resources, animals are part of the equation but have no voice for with which to speak up. Humans, could, and maybe one day will, make the world a better place for everyone, but I doubt it. We burn off forests for fuel, poach animals for money, over fish, over farm, etc. only to wake up one day and ask what happened as the last of a species dies out...

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated”
- Mahatma Gandhi

"Animals are such agreeable friends - they ask no questions, they pass no criticisms”
- George Eliot

I share your doubts about people, but our humanity is an individual case. I know, you've been abused and your trust betrayed, but don't allow it to taint your perceptions of the entire world. Get rid of the baggage and you'll be able to recognize humanity in the those you can trust.
edit on 28-6-2012 by g2v12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 06:18 PM
link   
reply to post by g2v12

I will never trust people more than my dogs. Sorry, but they have yet to ever fail me. They would gladly give their lives for me without thought. They love me no matter who I am.

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 06:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by g2v12

- Mahatma Gandhi

- George Eliot

I share your doubts about people, but our humanity is an individual case. I know, you've been abused and your trust betrayed, but don't allow it to taint your perceptions of the entire world. Get rid of the baggage and you'll be able to recognize humanity in the those you can trust.

Abused? WTF? No, I deal with the $hit of society day in and day out, gets old.

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 06:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Covertblack
reply to post by g2v12

I will never trust people more than my dogs. Sorry, but they have yet to ever fail me. They would gladly give their lives for me without thought. They love me no matter who I am.

True love is unconditional. If I were a dog, and had total dependence on you for food, shelter and comforts (my very life in fact) my loyalty (love) would be unfailing.

People are a bit more complex. The condition of human love involves an interwoven mesh of emotion and intellect. It seems you are comparing oranges and apples.

If a dog can love you for who you are, how much more can a human being love you?

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 06:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by g2v12

- Mahatma Gandhi

- George Eliot

Abused? WTF? No, I deal with the $hit of society day in and day out, gets old.

Isn't that synonymous with abuse? If not, perhaps some specifics would help.

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 06:42 PM
link   
reply to post by g2v12

So what purpose does it serve for them to give their lives for you. It's not about getting food and shelter. I don't care what study you put forth, I look into my dogs eyes and it's not about them, it's about you.

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 08:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Covertblack
reply to post by g2v12

So what purpose does it serve for them to give their lives for you. It's not about getting food and shelter. I don't care what study you put forth, I look into my dogs eyes and it's not about them, it's about you.

Maybe its about core human values and a wide perspective.

The only way I could really benefit from any relationship as a human being would be through the full expression of my psyche, which is a rich blend of intellect, emotion and physiological passion.

Tell me how that is attainable with an inferior being?

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 10:47 PM
link   
Animals, IMO, are way more reliable that any human I've ever met. I just can't understand how some people can live without a dog in the house!

There's always someone to greet me when I come home, smiling and wagging her tail furiously. If I'm feeling down or angry or frustrated, sometimes I don't even realize it until my doggie wakes up from her nap to come over and make sure I'm alright. She never talks back, rarely gives me attitude, and listens to every command I give because she honestly just wants to please me.

Can't say I've met any humans like that...

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 05:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Saphira
Animals, IMO, are way more reliable that any human I've ever met. I just can't understand how some people can live without a dog in the house!

There's always someone to greet me when I come home, smiling and wagging her tail furiously. If I'm feeling down or angry or frustrated, sometimes I don't even realize it until my doggie wakes up from her nap to come over and make sure I'm alright. She never talks back, rarely gives me attitude, and listens to every command I give because she honestly just wants to please me.

Can't say I've met any humans like that...

If obedience and a wagging tail are your highest requirements for satisfaction, I can understand why a dog would be so fulfilling.

edit on 29-6-2012 by g2v12 because: arrangement

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 10:46 AM
link   
reply to post by g2v12

You, sir, can take your opinion and wave it in front of my dogs teeth. Then you can really see how fulfilling my doggie is.

I know, you've been abused and your trust betrayed, but don't allow it to taint your perceptions of the entire animal world.

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 05:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Saphira
reply to post by g2v12

You, sir, can take your opinion and wave it in front of my dogs teeth. Then you can really see how fulfilling my doggie is.

I know, you've been abused and your trust betrayed, but don't allow it to taint your perceptions of the entire animal world.

Nice. I'm just after the holistic human experience with all of its potential. You are talking about soemthng I cannot relate to, nevertheless, I hope you enjoy your doggy treats.
edit on 30-6-2012 by g2v12 because: arrangement

top topics

join