It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Since Obamacare is Constitutional then.......

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 04:43 PM
link   
Under the SCOTUS ruling that Obamacare is Constitutional, what is to stop a gun friendly state from mandating the following.

Requiring that for the common defense and personal safety all non felons are required to maintain a firearm and 300 rounds of ammunition or pay a penalty tax to pay for defense and law enforcement. The court just ruled that as long as there is a tax involved the government can force you to purchase a good or service from a private company or face a punitive tax. Why not?

Other possible affects of this ruling.

By American or pay a tax (unions would like this)
By an electric car or pay a tax (Government Motors anyone)

The possibilities are endless.

John Roberts betrayed his office pulled up his robe, unzipped his pants and dropped a big ol' turd on what was left of the Constitution.

On the bright side the exponential growth of the cost of healthcare insures that in less than 20 years healthcare spending will take up the entire Federal budget. We won't make it that long before our entire political system collapses due to an inability to fund government. It's not politics it's math.

edit on 28-6-2012 by jefwane because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 04:45 PM
link   
reply to post by jefwane

Its illegal - plain and simple - Taxation without Representation - last gasp of a criminal minority.

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 04:48 PM
link   
A fair question and it would be nice to see some answers from those who support the bill. It seems this is the biggest problem those against the bill seem to have. We're forced to support specific industry or face monetary consequences.

Another member asked this on another thread. What if the government mandated we buy eco-friendly micro-cars and you still have the 'choice' to buy an SUV but you will be fined taxed if you do?

Or your gun analogy.

Or if you do not buy solar panels for your home.

Or if you do not have an IRA when the government wants to phase out social security.

Etc., etc.

This is a very dangerous trend.

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 05:19 PM
link   
reply to post by 1BornPatriot

Sounds like you are getting ready to brew a huge pot ot TEA.

You're not the only one.
Once that sleeping giant wakes up, he will be extremely thirsty.

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 05:53 PM
link   
I'm a liberal, and I thought the argument that this individual mandate was permissible under the Commerce clause was stretching it. But as a tax? This completely eliminates the last few wisps of the old Republic we had left. I don't think even the pundits realized what just happened today: Congress now has the absolute authority to force us to choose between any policy they want, and complete destitution (and who knows, maybe "debtors' prison.")

I'd be all for raising Medicaid taxes and creating a universal single-payer healthcare system. At least that is limited to health care. But this? THIS? No.

I wonder if there will be a penalty tax for voting Independent in 2016.
edit on 28-6-2012 by vexati0n because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 06:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by AshleyD

Another member asked this on another thread. What if the government mandated we buy eco-friendly micro-cars and you still have the 'choice' to buy an SUV but you will be fined taxed if you do?

They already do, its the gas guzzler tax. My suv is an "ultra low emission vehicle" truck though lol. My gas guzzler is older thsn dirt.

join