It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gary Johnson on Obamacare Ruling: “Now it appears we need a new Supreme Court."

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+2 more 
posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 12:47 PM
link   

“It has been clear for a while that we need a new President and a new Congress. Now it appears we need a new Supreme Court.

Whether the Court chooses to call the individual mandate a tax or anything else, allowing it to stand is a truly disturbing decision. The idea that government can require an individual to buy something simply because that individual exists and breathes in America is an incredible blow to the bedrock principles of freedom and liberty. It must be repealed, and Congress needs to get about doing so today.

There is one thing we know about health care. Government cannot create a system that will reduce costs while increasing access. Only competition and the price transparency that competition will bring can accomplish the imperatives of affordability and availability. Whether it is the President’s plan, or the Republican prescription drug benefit, the idea that anyone in Washington can somehow manage one of the most essential and substantial parts of both our quality of life and the economy is, and always has been, fundamentally wrong.

We can never know how many Americans are out of work today because of the uncertainty the monstrous health care law has caused. The Court has done nothing to remove that burden.

Nothing about today’s decision changes the basic reality that it is impossible to eliminate deficit spending and remove the smothering consequences of federal debt without dramatically reducing the costs of Medicare and Medicaid. And neither the Democrats nor the Republicans have given the slightest hint of willingness to do so.

Link

Considering Romney past this same kind of legislation while he was governor of Massachussets, Johnson is the only candidate who would get Obamacare repealed.
edit on 6/28/2012 by FSBlueApocalypse because: Headline got edited

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 01:26 PM
link   
S&F. A salute to Gary Johnson as well, and Ron Paul will give it the boot too.
edit on 28-6-2012 by GoldenRuled because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 01:28 PM
link   
I like this guy......He has a good point in this video.

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 01:28 PM
link   
reply to post by FSBlueApocalypse

Seeing as how Gary Johnson is actually on a ticket, and he is actually in the press, I am starting to really think he will get my vote.

He is absolutely correct on this issue. The only problem being that we are not going to completely replace SCOTUS, President, and Congress without a full-fledged revolution, and I don't think any of us really want that quite yet. We kind of want it, but it would mean extreme sacrifices to our lifestyle for at least a generation.

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 01:32 PM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

Sacrifices are well the future of this country.

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 02:15 PM
link   

Revolution is going to happen sooner rather than later. I just hope it will occur at the voting booth.

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 02:28 PM
link   
reply to post by FSBlueApocalypse

Me too!

Things are not looking too encouraging though.

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 03:13 PM
link   
Great quote from Johnson on facebook

If Mitt Romney is elected, he says he would give us Supreme Court Justices like John Roberts, who just upheld the Obama health care law. If I am elected, I will appoint Justices like Judge Andrew Napolitano.

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 03:55 PM
link   
What we need is an infrastructure where people can vote for how their country is run, rather than allowing 1, 2, or 9 (so-called) representatives deciding things for us. This infrastructure already mostly exists. It's the internet.

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 04:08 PM
link   
Having experienced 8 years of Gary Johnson's crony-capitalist governorship in New Mexico, the guy is all hat and no cattle. That said, I agree that we need new justices and we need to enforce the Constitution and FORCE the court to do the same. Justices should be elected by the states, not selected by DC, and the appointments should be 6 year terms with 2 term term limits rather than this assinine justice for life horsecrap.

I will not be voting for Johnson because, frankly, I believe he is a jackass. More important than that, however, he completely lacks the support needed to win. I see a vote for Johnson as taking away a vote for Romney and, at this point, all that will do is lead to another four years of Obama which is completely unacceptable.

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 04:12 PM
link   
reply to post by burdman30ott6

I'm not so sure 4 years of Romney is any more acceptable than 4 more years of Obama. I won't intentionally vote for Obama, but then again I won't cast a vote for someone I don't actually want to see as president, so that rules Romney out.

It is a tough situation, because there will be a lot of guilt cast about when Obama is re-elected and all these independents and Libertarians robbed votes from the GOP, but the way I see it all that guilt belongs to the GOP for not putting forth a better candidate. I won't feel bad about it.

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 04:45 PM
link   

I won't feel about it either, I doubt Johnson will win especially since people are so determined to ride a broken horse expecting to get somewhere. I really don't think there is much difference between Obama and Romney so I don't care which of them gets it, my vote will still count as a big FU to both parties. Besides, I like Johnson's position on more issues than not.

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 05:05 PM
link   
In case you missed it, the GQ article about Gary Johnson, really a terrific read.

www.gq.com...

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 05:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by burdman30ott6
Having experienced 8 years of Gary Johnson's crony-capitalist governorship in New Mexico, the guy is all hat and no cattle. That said, I agree that we need new justices and we need to enforce the Constitution and FORCE the court to do the same. Justices should be elected by the states, not selected by DC, and the appointments should be 6 year terms with 2 term term limits rather than this assinine justice for life horsecrap.

I will not be voting for Johnson because, frankly, I believe he is a jackass. More important than that, however, he completely lacks the support needed to win. I see a vote for Johnson as taking away a vote for Romney and, at this point, all that will do is lead to another four years of Obama which is completely unacceptable.

What exactly was your objective to Johnson? Since you were in NM, your opinion is important.

I cannot for the life of me understand why anyone would want Romney though. Talk about all hat and no cattle, he's all suit and no brains. There's so phenomenally nothing going on behind his eyeballs, it scares me. Have you seen the clips where he's in a rally and breaks out in badly rendered song because he forgot his talking points...? I can't imagine him discussing military decisions with the Joint Chiefs and his four time draft deferrals, along with his saying that his sons are 'serving their country' by helping him get elected really takes the cake. The least he could have done is answered honestly, that each of them was worth 100 million dollars and they didn't need to enter the Army like all the kids from poor neighborhoods have to do. Then there's the issue of his bullying lower classmen in his prep school and impersonating an officer, both felonies. Is this really the best the Republicans can do? Really?
edit on 28-6-2012 by signalfire because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 05:27 PM
link   
reply to post by signalfire

He mentioned "cronyism.' That would be a good reason. I met Gary Johnson and talked with him awhile in Florida, and he is an extremely unassuming and intelligent man, but he doesn't have that air of authority about him, and he really doesn't command any respect when first meeting him. I would worry about his leadership ability or ability to negotiate in high level foreign meetings. Of course I have those same doubts about Ron Paul. Both of them are more intellectual than leadership. Still, they are both extremely better choices than Romney or Obama.

It is a giant shame that we lost Huntsman in the race so early. He might have been the total package, but I think he is holding out for 2016, which is smart, because I suspect Obama is untouchable this election anyway.

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 05:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by getreadyalready

because I suspect Obama is untouchable this election anyway.

GetReady, that sounds so dirty and nasty to hear you say.. Tell me, what kind of soap do you suggest be used to clean one self after that to keep from feeling completely vile and filthy?

Terrible thought, but bears hearing since I agree, I know we will be stuck with one of those two stuffed heads.. Obama or Rommy. Scares the hell out'a me.

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 05:57 PM
link   

Johnson was very popular in New Mexico according to most polls, I'll grant him that. The problem was that the vast majority of New Mexico's population is centered around Albuquerque and Santa Fe, where the epicenter of his popularity was. I was born and raised down in the NM bootheel, in a much, much more rural area of the state. When Johnson got elected, rural New Mexico took the majority of the pain. Everything became Albuquerque focused as far as state funding went. Rural state road projects were cut back, whereas highways in Johnson's crony districts (like the SR 44/US 550 coridoor between Cuba and Bernalillo) recieved huge improvement budgets at the request of said cronies. Johnson vetoed the HELL out of anything that crossed his desk which wasn't directly tied to one of his supporting districts or from a district large enough to produce sizeable votes for him. During that same span, a major shift in regents and funding caused the Albuquerque located UNM to thrive and the Las Cruces located NMSU to flounder... again, Johnson's loyalties lied with his buddies at UNM rather than with the state of New Mexico as a whole. Finally, read this: newmexicomatters.blogs.com... I've got a lot of past connections within the NM construction & engineering world, including personal work experience as an engineer in training from the last months of Johnson's governorship. Big J got a LOT of subconsultant work paid by NM taxpayers and, company placed in trust or not, he had a sweet government position for his company president and vastly grew the value of the company while in office, selling it and profitting tremendously before ending his second term.

Not saying the man is Lucifer incarnate... but he's not the sparkling beacon he's been presented as, either. He's pro austerity for the masses, pro fat wallets for himself and his colleagues just the same as the majority of DC is today.

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 05:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Cygnis

Homemade Soaps and Remedies!

Personally, I like a Lye soap, with peanut oil and ground up peanut shells as an exfoliator, and a touch of lemon for deodorizing.

It won't work though. We'd have to drink gasoline to get the taste of this dirty election out of our mouths.

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 05:59 PM
link   
reply to post by burdman30ott6

I agree with you 100%, so does most of america and we HAVE agreed on this point for some time. So why the hell hasn't anything been done about it? How do we get the ball rolling on this?

Also my beef (now) with passing this mandated tax is that there are too many excluded: congress, unions other special interest groups and some states. How can that possibly be a fair tax? That is the way to fight this: special tax for certain groups. Let's say I'm a non union worker who has to pay the tax when a union worker doesn't? How can that be legal?

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 06:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by getreadyalready
reply to post by Cygnis

Homemade Soaps and Remedies!

Personally, I like a Lye soap, with peanut oil and ground up peanut shells as an exfoliator, and a touch of lemon for deodorizing.

It won't work though. We'd have to drink gasoline to get the taste of this dirty election out of our mouths.

Well at least you didn't suggest Napalm, but that lye soap is sure gonna feel like it.. LOL..

As far as "Dirty Elections" since when have we had a "clean election"... think it's about time to clean it all out.. grr

Nice site, thanks for the link.

-Cyg

top topics

<<   2 >>

join