It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fireworks blast causes 'best looking disaster'

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 10:53 AM
link   

Blogger David McHenry, 28, was heading home from an evening out in Chester, West Virginia, on June 26 when he saw the explosions and quickly started recording with his mobile phone. "Was on my way to an evening out with my girlfriend when they were setting this up. On our way home, we got a $50,000 firework display put on," Mr McHenry wrote.

Thankfully, no one was hurt, but it looks awesome! Glad this was caught on tape.

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 11:08 AM
link   
That would have been an AWESOME publicity stunt, if they had any fireworks left to sell.

So glad no one was hurt.

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 11:27 AM
link   
We are in severe drought here...one town has already cancelled the fireworks for the 4th...the only way we'll see the fireworks are online..
The local news (last night) said they don't even want children playing with sparklers because of wildfires...WHEN is it going to rain here?

Have had 2 rain events lasting less than a 1/2 hour since Feb 29th 2012.

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 11:44 AM
link   
Man that sucks, I bet this caused allot stress for a family.

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 12:00 PM
link   
if 50,000 bucks worth of fireworks blows up in one place you'd better hope someone catches it on video

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 12:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Neopan100
We are in severe drought here...one town has already cancelled the fireworks for the 4th...the only way we'll see the fireworks are online..
The local news (last night) said they don't even want children playing with sparklers because of wildfires...WHEN is it going to rain here?

I'm in Indianapolis and we are experiencing the same thing. It's supposed to be around 102 today and in the high 90s through the week and weekend.
edit on 28-6-2012 by Catalyst317 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 12:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Catalyst317

yeah...we are in searing hot here today..I just stepped out to see something major burning a few blocks away..large plumes of black smoke are over my home..I hear the fire departments and I see heli's in the air...hopefully, they will be able to contain whatever it is that is burning. We have no grass left in our front yard..it's just crunchy brown straws with dust and dirt. We have cracks in the backyard that are 1-2" across..it's getting really weird with this heat. Summer of hell for sure...we are going to be in triple digits for the next week..no rain in site.

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 01:00 PM
link   
That was a pretty cool looking disaster.
Ive always wondered what a firework stand would look like if it caught on fire. Apparrently that.

Luckly here in NW Washington it has been wetter then usual and fireworks will be had. I actually don't think they have ever been banned around here. One good thing about living in a wet place I guess, No forest fires where I live. Yet anyway.

For those in dry areas, dry ice is always fun to play with.

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 11:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Neopan100

Same here, our town is still going to have the fireworks display just no fireworks in town beyond that. It's dry like Hillary's crotch around these parts.

new topics

top topics

join