It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Saudi King issues State of high alert!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 12:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by mr-lizard
To bulk up your OP:

www.presstv.ir...

King Abdullah issued the order in a "top secret" letter addressed to the kingdom’s security and intelligence chiefs as well as the ministers of defense and interior.

A copy of the letter, dated June 27, 2012, has been obtained by Press TV.

The decree, calling for preparation against “foreign or terrorist attacks,” warns the Saudi security forces against any negligence in following the order.

The Saudi Defense Ministry consequently put all armed forces on high alert, saying all the forces inside and outside of the kingdom were ready to take part in an operation dubbed as “al-Farouq.”

What does that say about his "security and intelligence chiefs" if a "top secret letter" was leaked on the very day it was issued?

I think this is bunk. Nobody is planning to attack Saudi Arabia anyway? Maybe Syria or Iran, but not SA.

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 12:55 PM
link   
Seems he is more worried about a revolution in his country than any external threat as afar as I can see.

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 01:03 PM
link   
reply to post by michaelbrux

Very interesting note that could possibly make sense. However it just creates more confusion for me.

Why would Saudi Arabia, a supposedly anit-Assad state jump start an operation named after something that would seem to be so obviously in line with that of Assad and his allies? Their purported presence on the southern border of Syria only makes things more interesting.

ATS Thread Link

I don't know, maybe I'm trying to connect dots that aren't actually there. But thanks for the thought provoking comment.

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 01:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by waltrfinski
reply to post by michaelbrux

Very interesting note that could possibly make sense. However it just creates more confusion for me.

Why would Saudi Arabia, a supposedly anit-Assad state jump start an operation named after something that would seem to be so obviously in line with that of Assad and his allies? Their purported presence on the southern border of Syria only makes things more interesting.

ATS Thread Link

I don't know, maybe I'm trying to connect dots that aren't actually there. But thanks for the thought provoking comment.

I don't think the Saudi's are anti-Assad. the problems Assad's government is facing have nothing to do with anyone but himself and his government. Assad is not willing to discuss the secrets of his state, especially why had his country been under a State of Emergency for nearly 50 years before things became considerably worse after he ended it in April 2011.

What were the REAL reason's he thought the emergency was over in April 2011? Why has he been unwilling to admit the seriousness of the situation until just now? Maybe the Saudi's know and they just want to preserve their own stability.

Only insiders can comment upon why events are unfolding in Syria as they are and the Syrian government apparently prefers an end much like the one in Libya. Its their choice and free will is always good.

the Saudi simply sees things as they are...and the appropriate response over the next 10 days is heightened alert and preparedness.

Perhaps the Saudi's know that Damascus is about to become an uninhabitable wasteland and they want to prevent any of that man's problems from spilling into their Kingdom that has been relatively stable.

edit on 28-6-2012 by michaelbrux because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1   >>

join