It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Rogue' Dolphin Attacks Swimmers Because He's Bitter, Lonely & Damaged (VIDEO)

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 07:15 AM
link   
Firstly let me just say that I don't like the way this reporter was so flippant about the way she covered this story.
Maybe to her this is a laughing matter but she probably has a double digit IQ.

This needs to be made known nationally so help can be sent for this poor creature.
He has been trapped in this lake since hurricane Katrina, yes SEVEN YEARS!

He is being terrorized and abused by ignorant neckbeards and rednecks daily!
We are a global community, I beg you ATS, PLEASE help this poor creature return to the wild.

According to marine life experts, the dastardly dolphin appears to have "a few injuries related to its proximity to humans -- such as a healing cut from a sharp fish hook." Yowch! Experts also "observed people encircling and corralling the dolphin with their jet-skis and boats" and "reaching out to grab his fins and flippers and otherwise touch and pet him with their hands and objects."

Whaaaa?! And people think this dolphin is dangerous? Clearly he's just defending himself. (Or, as the experts put it, "showing normal male dominance behavior.")

In other words, we broke the dolphin.

thestir.cafemom.com...

edit on 28-6-2012 by Thunderheart because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 07:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Thunderheart

This is so sad! I can't stand the way some people treat animals and this is a case in point!
Sitting here thousands of miles away and feeling helpless, unable to help, but I will forward this to all my friends and I know they will forward it and many of them have international contacts to do with wildlife and wildlife preservation, so I hope to indirectly be of some help!

Thank you for posting this even though it is enough to make me cry!

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 07:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by wiser3

This is so sad! I can't stand the way some people treat animals and this is a case in point!
Sitting here thousands of miles away and feeling helpless, unable to help, but I will forward this to all my friends and I know they will forward it and many of them have international contacts to do with wildlife and wildlife preservation, so I hope to indirectly be of some help!

Thank you for posting this even though it is enough to make me cry!

Thank you! I am spamming this article everywhere I can, maybe it will be seen by someone that can actually do something!

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 07:41 AM
link   
Obviously beyond the intelligence level of the reporter to request people to leave him alone, im sure there are a thousand as****es who could have done with that advice.
Yes definitely a case of double digit IQ interfacing with the general public, where have i seen that before?, oh yeah, politics.

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 07:47 AM
link   
I just realized that the OP article came from a blog, the "reporter" is just an idiot stay at home mom.

This is the original story.
abcnews.go.com...-xRx7VQ67w

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 08:03 AM
link   

"Deemed dangerous" Read "Must be eliminated"

But of course WE are at the top of the food chain so lets kill this dolphin as it is a danger to us!

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 08:09 AM
link   
Ya know, Im all about death and destruction....but the crap we do to animals is really unnecessary. I am an avid hunter and I was taught to harvest the whole animal for use and to respect its habitat.

Animals in the wild need to be treated with respect, they are a big part of the circle of life. And I can't wait to find me some swimmin rednecks..

Gives rednecks a bad name they do

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 08:13 AM
link   
That dolphin is probably a genius dolphin.

I don't know why more of them don't hate humans and just want to kill us.

I never should have watched THE COVE but yet I am glad I did.

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 08:28 AM
link   
reply to post by hadriana

I was just thinking the same thought!

Yes, we would deserve it if they hated us and attacked us! But the reverse is true, they are beautiful, intelligent and gentle creatures that have saved many human lives! The time has come to start repaying the debt that we owe the planet and the animals that live on it and to stop being so self centered!

Oh and the flaming can start! Yes, I believe that we owe them! Flame away! (Not you Hadriana, there will be those that will want to flame me for my comments, see if I care!)
edit on 28/6/12 by wiser3 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 11:11 AM
link   
S&N OP and giving you a bump. I want to see this dolphin freed.
2nd line

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 11:43 AM
link   

I am an overly compassionate person when it comes to animals.
I go out of my way to save any creature in danger.
Actually, I have more compassion for any creature that is more helpless than I.
Be it animals, insects, amphibians, humans...etc.

I only read the story; I won't watch the video.
If it were from my neck of the woods, I would do my best to solve the problem.

To me, it is a crying shame that no one has rescued that animal to its habitat.
It should've been taken care of seven years ago.

I do feel sorry for the dolphin.
It should never go throught the torment those ignorant idiots put it through.

Thanks for sharing.

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 11:45 AM
link   
Maybe he's a zombie dolphin!

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 11:46 AM
link   
Bless you OP, I will keep that poor creature in my thoughts and prayers

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 12:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Saucerwench
Yeah because this is a laughing matter.
Good job in making yourself look childish.

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 12:34 PM
link   
Is it not obvious to you that this person is a child?
Or a double digit IQ adult.

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 01:50 PM
link   
You should ask Why whales and dolphins Dont kill humans?
we hunt and kill them all the time.

one sad dolphin could not take it any more.

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 12:52 AM
link   
I can't watch this. I've seen idiots tease and torment wildlife and yes I've confronted them and shamed them. Sadly many have been teens and children who should know better, if they only had parents interested in teaching them basic empathy and compassion. These ignoramuses I run into these days are middle class kids from "good" neighborhoods who will someday run the corporations that will continue to destroy the environment and take every individual for all they are worth. Ignorance of this type is found in every race, age, both genders and every economic group.

How can we get the dolphin safely out of there? I don't live anywhere near so I don't know what the area is like. Are there channels still there he can be guided through?

It's times like these I wish I were one of those people with loads of money looking to spend it somewhere. I'd hire a crew to get that poor thing free.

edit...I just saw the ABC news link. Experts are already on it and their best advice is to do nothing and leave the dolphin where he is. Yeah...because that's working out so great for everybody.
edit on 29-6-2012 by SheeplFlavoredAgain because: iPad autocorrect is crazy

edit on 29-6-2012 by SheeplFlavoredAgain because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 01:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Saucerwench

Whats even more sick about this post is that someone ACTUALLY STARRED it!

You sound like the type of person that ties firecrackers to cats tails!

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 02:02 AM
link   
Poor thing.

If i was that Dolphin i would be attacking most of those morons too.

It's a shame someone can't intervene and get him back to the ocean. Preferably very far from the Gulf.

edit on 29-6-2012 by skitzspiricy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 02:07 AM
link   
stories like this make me hate humans more than i usually do...

can't someone arrange int eh govt for this poor animal to be removed and released back at sea?

or are we all too half assed to do that?

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join