It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"No one came to help us" - Most people are not prepared

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 11:48 PM
link   
Good hustle, OP.

I'll bite.

People forgot that we're just animals man. We're just animals.... animals aware of the fact their animals, animals capable of developing, constructing - destroying, chaos.

Most people don't know what the average ATSer knows, debunker, skeptic, whistle blower, conspiracy theorist, ufologist, you name it. If you've came to this site and done as many hours of reading as the most of us have, you realize something very, very real.

The world isn't as it seems and the idea that a superpower exists to provide you safety, you have a lot to wake up to.

I may hope for extraordinary help when I'm in between a rock and hard spot, but I sure as the hell won't expect it.

Good post OP, solid. Good post.

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 12:02 AM
link   
I'm will be much more wary of people who are not prepared. Those of us who are ready for a SHTF situation will become targets for the desperate. The ones who are just not prepared for the physical and mental challenges of a major event, will set back and wait/hope for someone in authority to rescue them. When that doesn't happen, they are going to be scared, angry and frantic to find food and water. Going house to house, raiding and looting is not beyond imagination. I've done my best to read the signs of the times and be ready for what comes. I hope not to have to defend it. I sincerely do not want to harm anyone just trying to survive and fend for their families. That said, I have trained my wife and kids in firearms, hunting, and general dirty tricks.

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 12:05 AM
link   
It's one thing to have no contingency planning.. Maybe you were already in dire straits and didn't have the resources to have extra supplies lying around, or transportation, or secondary shelter.. or anything emergency related. This is understandable.. everyone's circumstances are different.

However, it is entirely something else to have NO contingency planning, AND absolutely no logical thought process to seek it out when the time comes. If your only process after a situation is to, "wait for help".. then I must ask, what the hell? It is different if you are disabled, but if you are perfectly able and still refuse to seek out your own safety and well-being.. well that is your own problem at that point.

God isn't going to save you, Jesus isn't going to swoop in and rapture you when the volcano is engulfing your home in flames. Aliens are not going to come down and rescue when you're being waylaid by forces outside of your control. You are just on your own.

You actually do *others* a disservice by not taking any responsibility when able.. as you are basically just congesting the "triage" from others who really *do* need help. If I have neglected to take any responsibility, and it essentially becomes "too late" in whatever situation befalls me.. I will at the very least accept my fate. You have to process at least, or your mind is never going to be of any use, unless you plan on huddling in a corner and crying.

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 12:14 AM
link   
"We are from the Government, we are here to help"

Those are the last words you want to hear in a SHTF situation.

Prepare yourself for Calamities that are prevalent in your Region, and let Darwin apply his theory to

the Sheep.

posted on Jul, 4 2012 @ 08:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by BrokenCircles
However, to answer your↑ question:
[color=DFFFBA]Because that's what we 'snippin' pay them for. If the government can't keep their end of the bargain, then they need to stop taxing stealing all our dam money.

In an ideal world, I would say that you're absolutely right. But we don't live in an ideal world.
Your tax goes to paying for the largest military in the history of the world, it goes into perpetuating a system of economic decline and increasing debt, it goes into bailing out failed corporations and is funneled up towards the most wealthy people in society. Sure, a % of it goes into emergency management, but in every example we see government failing in this respect.

I was watching the 7/7 documentary commemorating the 7th anniversary of the London bombings last night, and apart from all the honesty, harrowing tales of what happened in each instance and the emotion and psychological trauma of it all, the next biggest part of the story for me was how everything failed.

It took emergency services more than 40 minutes to even get to those trains. Although the inquiry after the fact cleared all responders and said their delays did not contribute to the deaths of victims, we know this is simply not plausible. If someone is bleeding out they need urgent medical attention, and waiting 40 minutes WILL kill them.

Radios failed, phones failed, traffic management failed, the staff directing the underground failed... There was a lack of urgency, a refusal to understand what was happening, a breakdown of such basic systems and comprehension that is just inexcusable.

Are we to believe that they only noticed on that day that radios and phones were sporadic at best on the underground system? Why was that never discussed before? How did they allow that basic loss of communication to go unresolved for decades? It simply makes no sense. And if this was just a bad day when everything just suddenly stopped working (as has been suggested before) who operates those systems and who controls them? They should be a suspect.

I use this example because central London is one of the most heavily protected and most prepared areas of the UK when it comes to disaster management and terrorism response. London is the seat of UK government, it has been the target of the IRA for decades. If the response to an expected attack like this was so poor in the most prepared city in the UK, imagine how unprepared the services would be in response to something less likely and plausible, or outside of London.

My main point in discussing this is to try to raise opinions about the response to such scenarios, and although I agree with you on your point, that cannot be changed. The government will continue to tax you and continue to tell you that it's for your own good. And they'll continue to fail every time their preparedness is put to the test.
edit on 4-7-2012 by detachedindividual because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 4 2012 @ 01:14 PM
link   
reply to post by detachedindividual

Originally posted by detachedindividual

In an ideal world, I would say that you're absolutely right. But we don't live in an ideal world.....

I know. That's why I said the government hasn't kept their end of the bargain. I just meant that 'taxes' could possibly be the reason why so many people still expect the government to take care of them, and to be there for them in times of need. That is what they taught us, so it must be true.

It didn't really work out too well, back during Medieval times. A King taxing the people, solely for the purpose of making himself richer, often led to a violent revolt. Eventually, those in power changed their tactics, and realized it was a much safer bet to "Make people believe that the only reason we are taxing them is so that we will be able to turn around, and use that money to help them."

[color=9A9C9B] P.S. It is possible that my knowledge of the Medieval times, came only from watching movies, but I still think that's probably close to being accurate though.

edit on 7/4/12 by BrokenCircles because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 4 2012 @ 02:56 PM
link   
Getting help and helping yourself often do go hand in hand.

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 09:25 AM
link   
I thought I would bring this thread back as it seems to be a little pertinent to what's happening in the US right now.

There are reports of people in desperate need on the East coast, but it seems that many just didn't prepare for the storm in any way.

I'll admit that I was sceptical about the power and ferocity of Sandy. I didn't look into it all that much, I basically just saw the reports about a storm heading in that direction and assumed that it would be another windy day blown out of all proportion by the media.

So, I was wrong to downplay it. And while that does make me wonder about my own preparedness if I'd lived there, I know that even with my preparations and planning now I would be in a better position than a lot of those who didn't seem to prepare at all.

So what's the deal, did people just not prepare properly because they didn't expect it to be this bad, or do they just rely too much on things being in place for them?

We know that stores only have three days of supplies, without there being a crisis. We saw how the stores emptied out within a day, and that now it's taking days to get the supply lines running again.

Does anyone have any thoughts about this, and has it perhaps made you reconsider your own responsibilities when it comes to planning? Have you found anything that you hadn't considered before, such as food supply or fuel?

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 10:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by detachedindividual

Why do people still think this, even after so many examples of failure throughout the last several decades?

Because of years and years of nonstop brainwashing of the public thru public media. We are conditioned to put our full faith and trust in our respective governements from birth.

Will you leave people behind if they want to sit down and wait for their knight in shining armor to come and save them?

Absolutely!! I am a firm believer in free will and not violating people's free will. If you insist on dying I will certainly not be the one to stop you from killing yourself. Sit and wait....and die.

Do you think it'll make it easier for you to bug out if the majority are still sat at home waiting for food parcels to fall from the sky?

Absolutely.

But, what I don't understand is......where is everyone "bugging out" TO?!?!
If, by some act of god, it were necessary to bug out, then yes, I would be fine.
If otheres wanted to stay, WTF do I care???
STAY!
DIE!
I only care about YOU if YOU care about YOU!
This is no time to be trying to convince someone to save their own life.

This situation always reminds me of this little story.
Christian though it may be, it still makes a valid point.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

THE MAN ON THE ROOF

A man was trapped on his rooftop by the rising waters of a flood.A fellow came over in a rowboat and called to the man, “Hop into myboat! I’ll save you!”The stranded man refused, saying, “No – God will save me!”The water rose to the man’s knees, and along came a rescuer in amotorboat. “Get in my boat! I’ll save you!” cried the boater.“No!” the man on the roof replied. “God will save me!”Soon after, the water was up to the man’s chest. Now came a helicopterwith a sling suspended from it. “Grab onto the sling!” called the pilot.“I’ll pull you up and save you!”As the man called, “No, God will save me!” a wave swept him off theroof and he drowned.As he entered into heaven, God greeted him, saying, “Welcome toheaven! Glad to see you! Before I show you around and introduce youto some of the angels, do you have any questions?”“Well, yes Sir, as a matter of fact I do have one question.” the manreplied. “There I was, stranded on my roof, with flood waters rising allaround me! Why didn’t you save me?”“Well!” replied God. “I sent you two boats and a helicopter! What more did you want?”

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join