It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Long time CT, not first time poster

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 02:39 AM
link   
This is my most recent account. I have long forgotten the first account I had on ATS which was maybe 4 years ago. I have a new computer and a new ISP so I was not able to recover any data to bring up my old account so here I are with me new account.

I have been following conspiracies and alternative philosophy for over 11 years. I am 25 now.

I had gotten into alternative news when I was about 13-14 years old because I had realized the world was not in a balanced state. Things were just not right.

I still remember the morning I woke up and cried the entire 30 minute drive to work because I was under the impression that some sick group of people called the Illuminati were trying to mentally rape the entire world of good and innocent people. That was about 12-13 years ago.

After 9/11, my research into conspiracy theories had become a realistic disaster. Shortly after 9/11, I found ATS. When that happened I was in a frantic realization about the world around me. I've read into all conspiracies before and after 9/11. Everything from UFOs, the Illuminati, masons, the moon landings, Bigfoot, symbolism, historic coverups, archeological coverups, GMO, reptilians, spirituality, research into almost all religious beliefs... EVERYTHING. 9/11 was the last thing I thought would happen, but it opened even more doors which led me to re-research everything I had read in the previous 3-4 years.

No stone was left unturned.

One day I realized that none of it really mattered. Why? Because no matter how many stones I turned over, I still got the same internal response. And it was the same response I got from truly intriguing movie. Reading conspiracy theories had become a form of entertainment, much like how some people on these forums would describe the mindless sheeple who spend countless hours watching TV or playing video games.

And I got the same feeling from researching these theories that I got from a really great fiction movie. I recently went to see Prometheus and it was extremely exciting. However, I didn't want the suspense to end. So what did I do? I went online and read over all the countless alien/UFO/human origin theories that I have read many times over.

So to me, conspiracy theories are the most amazing forms of entertainment I have ever encountered in my life. After 12 years of phone calls, emails, library hunting, and online research, I've never seen a conspiracy theory that was not without a serious fault, but also not without a great ending that inspired the researcher to continue in search of a satisfying ending to the theory. That is why I see it as pure entertainment.

I'm not saying that some the respected CTers on ATS are wrong, but I've done an insane amount of research and have never found myself on one side of the fence. I am like an agnostic of CT, where I neither deny nor accept. I am also not a debunk-er, but I've never seen a conspiracy without a counter argument that shattered that CT[while also leaving room for the CT to re-route the original theory to something that ignores or resolves the counter argument].

I do hope that those who respond to this realize that I am not making a negative statement here. I have been coming to ATS since I can remember. I love this website. I love reading the posts of dedicated posters, whether I agree with them or not. Does anyone else remember the first darkknight post? How about the first person who remembers laughing at the "Warning from the benevolents" on page 1 before it became a megathread of SNIPers, lol [to this day, I still can't believe it lasted more than one page]. These are just random things I remember from recent times. I don't even remember the first posts I read on ATS other than when 9/11 brought me here. My point is I'm not an [SNIP], just being honest.

The only exception being topics discussed in the metaphysics and scientific forums. These are forums on ATS that deserve my utmost respect and do not get enough attention [mostly because they are fascinating and don't get enough research]

However, the breaking news section of ATS is irreplaceable. I don't know what I would do without it. It might be the best forum to ever exist in the history of mankind.

EDIT; I actually am an [SNIP], but I am also honest. But above I said I'm not an [SNIP], so maybe I'm not completely honest. But I was honest before that statement. Either, I am being honest now regardless of [SNIP].
edit on 28-6-2012 by BottledWater because: Trying not to be an [SNIP]

edit on 28-6-2012 by BottledWater because: No, I'm not completely wasted

**MOD-NOTE, INAPPROPRIATE WORDS SNIPPED**

Mod Note: Profanity/Circumvention Of Censors - Please Review This Link.

4.) You will not use profanity in our forums, and will neither post with language or content that is obscene, sexually oriented, or sexually suggestive nor link to sites that contain such content.

edit on 6/28/2012 by JohnnyAnonymous because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 02:48 AM
link   
welcome back big dog!
bottled water?

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 03:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by jplaysguitar
welcome back big dog!
bottled water?

The water is bottled

Don't understand? Allow me to unbottle the water which was bottled before it was unfiltered into the bottle which made it bottled water after being filtered

I think I may have just created the best conspiracy theory ever

Knawmsayin broski?
edit on 28-6-2012 by BottledWater because: No, I'm not completely wasted

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 03:18 AM
link   
Welcome back to ATS BottledWater
..Im excited to read your threads and posts..I look at ATS as entertainment and to be taken with a grain of salt..But sometimes i read a thread that truly makes me think and those are very rare gems if you dig enough you will find them
peace,sugarcookie1...S&F and a hug

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 03:24 AM
link   
reply to post by BottledWater

Welcome back BottledWater!

( obviously not Evian ... )

edit on 28-6-2012 by Timely because: to start your fiag count, cheers.

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 05:09 PM
link   

BottledWater

Be sure to try out Ask ATS with any "search words" of your choice, you will find numerous threads to choose from to add your thoughts to. Once you have achieved the minimum of 20 post replies, you will be able to create your own threads in their appropriate areas & additionally send & receive messages to fellow ATS members.

Here are some handy links to get you oriented into now becoming a valued member of ATS.

Reaffirming ATS Policies ( Please Read First )
Terms & Conditions Of Use (Please read second)
Visit here next - ATS Freshmans Forum
Index of Important ATS Related Threads
Starting a New Thread ?... Look Here First
Hey New Members!! Come here if you need advice
Easy Way to Upload Your Pics & Avatar Graphics

*** Please have fun, ATS at times is like a rollercoaster ride! But be aware if you act in an uncivil-like manner, discuss personal illicit drug usage, use profanity, troll, intentionally spread a hoax, spam, advertise and/or get verbally abusive, you will be removed off the ride by a Moderator. This is for your safety, & also for those both young and old on the ride with you.

So buckle up, keep your arms within the ride's comfort zone, have fun and "Deny Ignorance"...!

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 01:37 AM
link   

But be aware if you act in an uncivil-like manner, discuss personal illicit drug usage, use profanity, troll, intentionally spread a hoax, spam, advertise and/or get verbally abusive, you will be removed off the ride by a Moderator.

Seriously? The only reason I signed up was to harass people and be a completely useless moron. Thanks for squashing my life's ambition.

I no longer have a reason to exist.

top topics

join