It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Black Congressmen to walk out during contempt vote

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 06:30 PM
link   
Funny? I don't recall the Conservatives walking out when the Progressives had control of the House?

Those people are paid by us to stay and vote. I think what is happening is they don't want their name on a No vote if it turns out Holder is engaging in a coverup. This way they can pretend it was a protest and then if Holder is doing wrong, they can say "I did not vote no to holding him in contempt."

I'm not impressed by 65 of our nations leaders walking out like children throwing a temper tantrum and not doing what they are paid to do. Fire them all.

As to the Race Card. Yeah sure. Don't these clowns know that has been played out? Duh!
edit on 6/28/2012 by Blaine91555 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 09:32 PM
link   
This shows the ignorance and stupidity of the black congressmen. It doesn't matter if Holder lied, cheated, stole, murdered, etc... he's black, so it's clearly about race. Idiocy at it's finest.

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 09:49 PM
link   
Just shows they never considered or cared about Brian Terry's family or the many others that were murdered.

Brian Terry or the others didnt deserve their vote b/c they were the wrong color.

Shame on them for choosing the color of ones skin over life.

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 09:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by N3k9Ni
How can a Congressional Black Caucus even exist? These people are sworn to uphold the Constitution and federal laws.

Congressional Black Caucus

The Congressional Black Caucus is an organization representing the black members of the United States Congress. Membership is exclusive to African-Americans,[1] and its chair in the 112th Congress is Representative Emanuel Cleaver of Missouri.

Over the years, the question has arisen, "Does the caucus allow only black members?" Pete Stark, D-CA., who is white, tried and failed to join in 1975. In January 2007, Josephine Hearn reported in Politico that white members of Congress were not welcome to join the CBC.[8] Freshman Representative Steve Cohen, D-TN., who is white, pledged to apply for membership during his election campaign to represent his constituency, which is 60% African American. Hearn further reported that although the bylaws of the caucus do not make race a prerequisite for membership, former and current members of the caucus agreed that the group should remain "exclusively black". Rep. William Lacy Clay, Jr., D-MO., the son of Rep. William Lacy Clay Sr., D-MO., a co-founder of the caucus, is quoted as saying, "Mr. Cohen asked for admission, and he got his answer. He's white and the caucus is black. It's time to move on. We have racial policies to pursue and we are pursuing them, as Mr. Cohen has learned. It's an unwritten rule. It's understood." In response to the decision, Rep. Cohen stated, "It's their caucus and they do things their way. You don't force your way in.":

How the hell can there be a "club" of Congressmen that allow people to join based soley on their skin color??

Beating a dead horse but.. If the races were reversed, say white's not letting blacks into their whites only caucus.. Then there would be rioting over racial equal rights. But because it's like this noone bats an eyelid. Irony? or just stupidity?

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 11:16 PM
link   
And good old Pelosi, ignorant, bumbling, idiotic, narcissistic Pelosi walked right along with them. It's amazing that the race card should trump the honest or responsible card. Oh well, they're all freaking crooked.
ETA: all those who support Holder's outrageous and callous violations.
edit on 28-6-2012 by Gridrebel because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 11:47 PM
link   
Same story, No Spin.

DEMOCRATS Walk Out in Protest Over GOP's Contempt Vote Against Eric Holder

The walkout was led by the Black Caucus, the Hispanic Caucus, the Asian-Pacific Caucus, and the Progressive Caucus, and bolstered by the Democratic leadership: Nancy Pelosi in a bright white suit and second-in-command Steny Hoyer, whose decision to leave the House floor and join their members gave the walkout added heft. “You’re seeing the whole diversity of the Democratic caucus,” said Rep. Emanuel Cleaver of Missouri

I'm a Card Carrying NRA member ,Even though they do NOTHING for my state (NJ). I think that holder should be held in contempt & I think Obama's executive privilege is BS and goes against all of the "transparancy" BS he spoke about.

The thing that bothers me in this forum is that members only speak about "The Black Caucus" while omitting the rest of the caucuses and then try to make it about race...but at the same time, they blast the black caucus about playing "the race card". You can't have it both ways!!

If you're going to be objective , then do so. If you're going to make it about the "angry black caucuses sticking together" fine, do that. But don't claim to be objective and focus on the BLACK caucus.

It's divide and conquer, pick a side but be warned by words of wisdom of one of our forefathers

"We must all hang together, or assuredly we shall all hang separately."

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 11:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by plethora68
It will be interesting when Congressman Allen West does not join his fellow Black Caucus members.

No it wouldn't, West is the only Republican in the Black Caucus.

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 12:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Blaine91555
Funny? I don't recall the Conservatives walking out when the Progressives had control of the House?

Those people are paid by us to stay and vote.

Here's a refresher.

And another...

Republicans walk out over budget talks

Just trying to keep the debate honest

Deny Ignorance

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 04:43 AM
link   
Funny how there can be a million "blacks only" clubs & it's called "civil liberty" or something similar... when there's a "whites only" club, it's called "racist". There would be hell on capital hill if someone even suggested a Congressional White Caucus & refused to admit blacks.

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 05:51 AM
link   
I want to know why these people are above the law? Holder gets held in contempt and can serve up to 1 year in prison, but if a normal person was caught sending guns across the border or was directly responsible for the death of a US agent, the book would be thrown at us. These people need to be held accountable and 1 year in prison is not justice (if he even serves it).
edit on 29-6-2012 by Lannister because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 06:22 AM
link   
So, a bunch of Congress critters walk out. Either yesterday, or in the past...

It's a political tactic. Very simple. I don't like it...it smacks of moral cowardice.

...and we, or a lot of us, get sooooo angry. How dare they walk out on their responsibility.

Really? Really?

...and what reasons do they have to fear for their jobs? When half of us can't be bothered to vote even once a year? Or be involved in the process?

...and we cry like little babies when bad things begin to happen in the halls of power.

Spare me the crocodile tears, folks. It's only what we deserve.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join