It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Queen's masonic handshake with McGuinness

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 11:42 AM
link   
reply to no1smootha

reply to post by zerozero00

It is forbidden to ask someone to join Freemasonry, they must come of their own free will. She must be the one who asks to join, although they may have suggested that she would be welcome to ask.
edit on 28-6-2012 by no1smootha because: (no reason given)

being asked to apply to the women's freemasonry because they don't have enough members and being invited to join is the same thing ........just semantics
edit on 28-6-2012 by zerozero00 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 11:50 AM
link   
reply to post by JakiusFogg

Relax, I am not dismissing what you said, I was only adding information for the benefit of everyone who reads this thread, but zero beat me to it.
reply to post by zerozero00

It's more than semantics, it's tradition. Is your wife considering joining then? Has she gone so far as to petition?
edit on 28-6-2012 by no1smootha because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 12:52 PM
link   
reply to post by no1smootha

No worries, wasn't stressed just though you had misread so was clarifying the position.

And I'm not by the way, but that is only because I am always travelling so don't have the time to petition. But if I did I would. (and will one day) I have several friends who are, But I am not supposed to know that!

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 12:59 PM
link   
reply to post by JakiusFogg

If you travel a lot, all the more reason to join. It is a great comfort to know that wherever you are, you are welcome to sit in Lodge with your Brethren.

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 01:37 PM
link   
reply to post by no1smootha

Yes, I know, however the point is I am never at home longer than a month at most. usually only a week to 10 days max.

one day though

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 08:35 PM
link   
I thought that women weren't aloud to be masons?

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 12:35 AM
link   
Its an interesting subject, I could see how shaking hands in a particular way could be a 'code'. Maybe thats what you have to do to get into those masonic churches?

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 12:55 AM
link   
reply to post by RightInTwo

In mainstream Masonry in amity with UGLE they aren't but in continental Masonry in amity with GOdF they are.

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 12:56 AM
link   
reply to post by gartenspinnen

Freemasonry isn't a church, and knowing the handshakes won't allow you access only initiation will.

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 02:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by woogleuk
She is shaking the hand hand of a man who was involved in the death of one of her family members, for the sake of peace. Nothing to see here other than Her Majesty putting on a brave face for the sake of easing tension between different states.

This is the woman who everyone claims does nothing but suck the money out of the people, maybe one day they will stop listening to the clueless idiots and actually do some research on what she actually does for the UK and commonwealth.

She did well today, and has my respect.

I've done the research trying to locate what elizabeth did but didn't look in the right places. I came up empty handed.

Can you provide this info or links please? I would like to know why I had to sing God save the Queen every day of my life as a child at school in th UK. I mean no disrespect by this but at the same time I resent worshipping any other human being. I was too young to know. God save the people would have been nicer lyrics.

I realize her days work is no picnic, but aside from the social slash political gatherings, what has she actually done?

Re the handshake, I don't know enough about that to comment.

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 06:26 AM
link   
reply to post by violet

She brings hope, she makes us proud of who we are and where we have come from. Why do people worship rock/pop stars, actors, artists and so forth.....

She travels the world at her age representing our country, where most people her age are in retirement homes living out their final years in comfort.

When you look at her visits and see the happiness in the crowds who have come to see her you realise how much joy she brings to people just by her being there.

Not everybody agrees with it, but the majority of the country, in my opinion, wouldn't as much of a proud nation as it is without someone who symbolises us for who we are, the United "Kingdom".

I had a look for some links for you, and I found this article which seems to look at it from both angles, there is a lot of for and against stuff out there, so a two way opinion is probably the best (and not a bad read either)

www.time.com...

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 06:34 AM
link   
reply to post by ThisIsNotReality

There are threads about this already, but they're in general topics and there's no mention of the actual handshake looking to be a masonic one so I opened up a new one, hope that's fine!

They are not standing close enough for it to be a Masonic handshake.

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 08:07 AM
link   
reply to post by woogleuk

These are my response to the following quotes and points.

She brings hope, she makes us proud of who we are and where we have come from. Why do people worship rock/pop stars, actors, artists and so forth.....

Let assume that she does bring hope, ?but of what and for whom. The phrase is over used and over applied to so many things. The Easter Bunny brings hope too. Since most of the general public have not taken the time to learn about the Royal Family save from what is fed to them via the media they think they have a duty to defend the Royal Family against their critics and turn into raving fanatics, which in turn leads to the next question regarding worship.

The usage of the word worship that is applied to the likes of rock/pop stars, actors and so forth is muddled. Being greatly appreciative of a creative artist or actor is not the same as worship. It's all just entertainment.

She travels the world at her age representing our country, where most people her age are in retirement homes living out their final years in comfort.

She travels around because that is her function, she is just an elite tourist and that is all she is. Her and the rest of her family are all part of the grand entertainment. This does not make the Queen any more special than other O.A.P's, it has just been taught to us that we are expected to hold a view that somehow the Royal Family are more perfect than others just because they have Titles and such like.

When you look at her visits and see the happiness in the crowds who have come to see her you realise how much joy she brings to people just by her being there.

If people are overjoyed than so be it. The masses are still ignorant and slaves to the system that they cheer for. Let them have that illusion that the Queen is somehow a great woman who cares for the the general public.
She is not worthy to be Queen and nor will be her successors.

Not everybody agrees with it, but the majority of the country, in my opinion, wouldn't as much of a proud nation as it is without someone who symbolises us for who we are, the United "Kingdom".

?Who Am I. Not to the United Kingdom am I. This Queen does not symbolize me. To which a great many would agree as to say the same.
In my opinion the only good one was murdered, at least she earned the respect she was given and despite her ill and unjust treatment by the royal fiends she is the true queen because of her sacrifice. I'm just stating facts.

To sum up The Queen serves only to divide a country against itself for profit and gluttony.

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 02:34 PM
link   
reply to post by babybunnies

That isn't a list of secrety society, it's a list of the supposed 13 bloodlines that run the world. I guess some people consider it a type of secret society, but these families don't always get along.. uh.. allegedly (I don't really get into this stuff). It's not hard to compile a list of the wealthiest families in the world you know.

Sidenote unrelated to your post baby bunnies: For future reference to everyone in this thread it's "allowed" not aloud when refering to whether or not women are ALLOWED in the Freemasons. I let one person slide, but come on.
edit on 29-6-2012 by GogoVicMorrow because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 05:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Tindalos2013

That is YOUR opinion, thank you for sharing it with us.

To each their own.

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 07:41 PM
link   
I think it's irrefutable that the handshake with McGuinness was very different from the other uniform handshakes caught on that video footage.

The Queen positioned her thumb significantly different with McGuinness (in a way which can be perceived as a Masonic grip) AND they held the handshake for at least 4 times as long as the other handshakes.

Why was this handshake so different? I don't know... I need more information to conclude this is or is not coincidence.

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 07:50 PM
link   
Fellowcraft handshake in the pic-

Personally i would have given her the lions paw and sung the following

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 08:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by woogleuk
reply to post by violet

I had a look for some links for you, and I found this article which seems to look at it from both angles, there is a lot of for and against stuff out there, so a two way opinion is probably the best (and not a bad read either)

www.time.com...

Wow, blind patriotism and royalty-love really makes you blind to reality as well doesn't it.

"She does a lot of things, just research it!!" Like what? "Well, you know, she brings hope and we're proud of her as our leader, and, ehm, she uses our hard earned money to go on vacation, errrr she represents our country, that's it!"

But all right, here we go;

Why does she make you proud of "where we come from"?? Do you know where you come from? Planet earth, welcome to the human race buddy. Why people worship rock stars? Because they're as deluded as you are, only THEY choose to spend their money on their worshipping instead of having it taken from them either way. There is NOTHING that makes them special, they are just like you and me, except for the fact that some people need other people to look up to to compensate for what they themselves couldn't accomplish, and thus, making those people appear to be better, or more than what they truly are. Fail at life? Look up to someone who seems to be doing lots better than you, hurray! Either that, or you accept the fact that you're important in your own way and are the center of your own reality just like someone else is of theirs. I don't need to worship anyone to be happy, I'm my own God.

What kind of argument is it to compare her to old people in retirement homes? Do old people in retirement homes have fortunes sitting under their asses? Do they live in a palace? Do they have the money to go to all those countries she goes to? Lmfao, straw man.

I don't care how happy the crowd is, some crowds go crazy when Justin Bieber blows a kiss at them, do you think that means he truly is an amazing human being? Haha, the happy ones are all equally deluded, royalty adds nothing a country, I can know, I live in a monarchy myself, my royals go on holidays too and they call it "representing the country" as well. I don't know to who they are representing it, perhaps to the poolboy, the gardener, the maid and the waitresses in their vacation homes, but otherwise, we're represented by our politicians and representatives, our celebrities, our national heroes,...

And you know, patriotism in itself is bad enough, but why on earth do you think you need a person to symbolize your nation when a flag does just fine for other people? A flag doesn't spend millions of tax money on a birthday party nor does it require diamond encrusted shoes and a ten thousand pound hairdo to make a public appearance.

I look forward to your reply, as your love for royalty will undoubtedly produce something worth reading, even if it's just for laughs over this primitive adoration

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 04:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Doodle19815
I am confused, how can Her Royal Highness give a Masonic hand shake. Can she be a Mason?

Anyone can give a masonic hand shake. It all depends on whether they are possessed at the time by the spirit of a man who is a mason. That's why the "handshake" is the only means of recognition. You can't tell whether the person you meet is being possessed and controlled by a mason, until you shake that person's hand, and get the feedback, the secret handshake. You cannot recognize a mason "on sight". You have to "test him" to see if he is a true brother mason. He could be "wearing" anyone's skin

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 02:50 PM
link   
Wait! is anybody for sure that she is giving the mason handshake? I mean how can one tell? I get the thumb press thing but to me it looks like a normal handshake. People in my family are masons but I don't know if any of my female relatives are mason...It would be shocking to find out if some are. Mainly because I never asked them though.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join