It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Where is a UFO sighting legitimate?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 08:41 AM
link   
reply to post by ImaFungi

The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

My point being, anyone being all grumblypants over doubters, debunkers, and skeptics probably needs to grab a reality check and accept the fact that there isn't going to be universal acceptance of anything.

You know we still have monster threads ongoing about whether or not we landed on the moon. Now I personally avoid those like the plague unless there's an alert that needs to be addressed. If people want to have those discussions, that's one of the reasons we're here. To afford them a venue to have the discussion in a civil environment devoid of personal attack. At least, that's the goal to which we aspire.

There's a fairly wide spectrum here between people like the moon landing deniers and the folks who think inter-dimensional insectoid reptilians are manipulating events on Earth. Amusingly, sometimes you'll find the same person in both groups.

Go figure.

You sort of have to pick through the minefield and be selective about who you engage and who you ignore. Nowhere is it stated you have to acknowledge everyone. Some people are here just looking for a rise. Any sort of attention. As anyone who's ever been around children can tell you, people would rather have negative attention drawn to them than be ignored. They'll continue to ratchet up the negativity and nonsense until they either get what they're looking for, or get bored and go away.

The ideal scenario (in my opinion) would be for members to simply ignore that which they deem unworthy of participation. Let the really absurd stuff die of loneliness, or at least, leave it to the ones who have an interest in it.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 12:32 PM
link   
reply to post by yeahright

I completely agree and understand,. yet regarding your last few sentences,,,, sometimes its hard, when you know something for a fact and can prove it,,, to let others go on believing something as truth, when you know it is not,,, especially if they are spouting off about it on a public forum, corrupting innocent onlookers with delusion...

wherever I go I have a hard time letting other peoples sentences ( my own as well) go by when they could be challenged, argued, and proved incorrect,.

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 12:37 PM
link   
reply to post by ImaFungi

The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

I agree and understand you as well. The discussion is why we're here. As long as it doesn't become overly frustrating and is an enjoyable exchange/diversion/pastime. Two things -

1- Don't feed the trolls
2- You can't fix stupid

Sometimes you need to just walk away. I know when I've reached that point when I start to get angry. But that's just me.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

new topics

<< 1   >>

join