It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Where is a UFO sighting legitimate?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 02:54 PM
link   
Very simple question so i pose this. It seems to me that wherever a UFO is reported, there is always a way to dismiss it:

e.g If see one on the coast : Debunk = It was a light house pulsing

If you see one at sea : Debunk = It was a reflection from the Ocean

If you see one over a lake : Debunk = It was a reflection off the lake / Lights from the other side reflecting

If you see one in the Forest : Debunk = It was swamp gas cause by evaporating water from the nearby marsh

If you see one at the airport : Debunk = It was a plane / Helicopter

If you see one out the airplane window : Debunk = It was ice forming on the wing then falling off

If you see one in the countryside : Debunk = Their is a military base near by (i live in the country and their is 3 military complexes in a 50 mile radius

If you see one in the city : Debunk = How come no one else saw it (because when your walking you tend to look forward, not directly up, that would lead to you having a nasty accident with the near by bus coming down the road)

If you see one through your house window : Debunk = It was an object from inside the house reflecting of the window

So then, since all of these locations can be debunked quite easily, where exactly are you allowed to witness a UFO without it being dismissed in an instance by 'Skeptics' ?
edit on 27-6-2012 by kevbrownuk because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 03:00 PM
link   
reply to post by kevbrownuk

So then, since all of these locations can be debunked quite easily, where exactly are you allowed to witness a UFO without it being dismissed in an instance by 'Skeptics' ?

You are allowed to witness a UFO anywhere you want

Where is a UFO sighting legitimate?

When it doesn't blatantly fall into any of the categories you outlined in your OP.

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 03:07 PM
link   

Why is being a skeptic a bad thing?
Or why are you portraying it to be a bad thing?

Being skeptic is what keeps most ufo believers down to earth.

Most skeptics on this site have a healthy dose of rational thinking if you ask me.

They also, at least most of the times, explain why they think *insert UFO vid or pic here* is fake.

That's just me though.

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 03:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by kn0wh0w

Why is being a skeptic a bad thing?
Or why are you portraying it to be a bad thing?

Being skeptic is what keeps most ufo believers down to earth.

Most skeptics on this site have a healthy dose of rational thinking if you ask me.

They also, at least most of the times, explain why they think *insert UFO vid or pic here* is fake.

That's just me though.

There is nothing wrong with being a skeptic, yet my question remains unanswered

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 03:22 PM
link   
"Where" has little to do with it. I've never heard of a sighting being discounted because of its location.

Far more important are the surrounding circumstances. If the circumstances disallow "mundane" explanations you have a UFO.

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 03:27 PM
link   
Im quite skeptical yet open minded. But if i think i see a fake ill be one of the first to call it!

How about when a jet fighter pilot sees one and attacks it with his guns, and it streaks off at incredible speed? And he sticks to his story even under the threat of court marshall?

How about when the military sees it and fires thousands of rounds of ammunition at it? Do you realize what ammo costs?

How about when men who are actually in a space ship in space and see one, then switch to a non public channel to talk about it?

How about the first time we get a picture that isnt blurry and isnt a hubcap or odd optical effects from camera lenses? lol....

ive seen odd things in the sky but nothing conclusive.

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 03:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by phroziac
How about the first time we get a picture that isnt blurry and isnt a hubcap or odd optical effects from camera lenses? lol....

Well considering the most popular phone is the Iphone, have you seen the camera on the 3gs,

IF thats the quality of camera which will be capturing these ufo;s then we all have a lot longer to wait.

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 03:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Are you familiar with any credible sightings from NASA's time in space? I have seen transcripts where one astronaut mentions bogeys on our tail or something similar. (?) It was a while ago though.

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 03:38 PM
link   
reply to post by LightSpeedDriver

The only astronaut "sightings" I'm aware of are those which are from doubtful sources (and unsubstantiated) or are misinterpretations of out of context statements.

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 03:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Sorry, I did mean just generally, not necessarily witnessed astronauts. TIA

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 03:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by LightSpeedDriver
reply to post by Phage

Are you familiar with any credible sightings from NASA's time in space? I have seen transcripts where one astronaut mentions bogeys on our tail or something similar. (?) It was a while ago though.

I wouldnt say credible sighting from Nasa, but i would say credible from the allen array (WoW signal)

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 03:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by kevbrownuk

edit on 27-6-2012 by kevbrownuk because: (no reason given)

Good question

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 03:47 PM
link   
reply to post by LightSpeedDriver

There are many examples of "credible" sightings. Far fewer which can be considered UFOs. There are very many misidentifications. That is why the circumstances of a sighting are so important.

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 03:50 PM
link   

Not exactly a UFO sighting but the "Wow! signal" was detected in 1977. The Allen array started operations in 2007.

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 04:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phage

Not exactly a UFO sighting but the "Wow! signal" was detected in 1977. The Allen array started operations in 2007.

You know what i mean wisenhiemer

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 04:04 PM
link   

Not really.
There was no UFO sighting and the signal was not detected by the Allen array.
What did you mean?

edit on 6/27/2012 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 04:14 PM
link   

besides the wow signal is semi irrelevant to your line of inquiry,.,,.., we can assume life/intelligent life exists on other planets,.,.,.,. but why can it not easily be proven that extraterrestrial life has visited earth?

if there was undoubtable proof,,, it would be irrational not to believe it,..,,.

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 04:17 PM
link   

So then, since all of these locations can be debunked quite easily, where exactly are you allowed to witness a UFO without it being dismissed in an instance by 'Skeptics' ?[

The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

When and where can anyone make any sort of claim about anything ever and have it universally accepted by 100% of the people hearing about it?

Answer that, and that's your answer.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 04:24 PM
link   
reply to post by yeahright

thats about the fallibility of human perception and senses,,,,,,,,,, I saw an alien......... how can I believe you didnt just see a bird,, or plane,,, or weird government spacecraft,, or a sun trick on your eyes when you turned your head quickly,,

there are things that are agreed upon being true,,, when tests,, and measurements gather evidence,,,, so statements can be made by scientests and be considered objectively true,, if they are attempting at describing an action, a thing, or function, in all its components and potentials,,, to paint a map of what this thing actually is,,, what its made of and what it does,, how it is effected by all other things we know of........ a man can claim 1 +1 = 2 or the sun is hot,,,, and maybe 99% of people would agree.

the funny thing is even with modern technological sense improving devices like telescopes, cameras, and camcorders are still prone to errors and unclear conclusions,,, on what exactly it is viewing,,..,.,., blurry lights,,, or fast moving object in front of the lens,,,,,,,, so how can an extraterrestrial presence be proved to have visited earth?
edit on 27-6-2012 by ImaFungi because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 07:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by phroziac

Well considering the most popular phone is the Iphone, have you seen the camera on the 3gs,

IF thats the quality of camera which will be capturing these ufo;s then we all have a lot longer to wait.

I always carry an slr with me....here et et et.....here et!!

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join