It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Air Force developing anti-matter weapons?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 7 2004 @ 08:40 PM
link   
who says the US is a sane country?

I agree that as a potential power source, anti-matter would be excellent. however, i still dont think it should ever be developed, it's my personal opinion that all knowledge on this subject should be destroyed, we should forget all about anti-matter. I wish we could do that.

Anti-matter weapons bring the real possibility of destruction of the world with them.

what if, one day, we develop a capability to produce larger amounts of AM? grams a day maybe? even grams a month? it would not take very long before the quantity of AM is sufficient to cause total destruction of the world.

i dont mean rendering the world un-inhabitable like Nuclear weapons, or destruction of the human race, i mean No. More. Earth.

Humanity should never be given the capability to destroy a planet, namely our own. Eventually, somebody would want to use it, and have the power to do so.

posted on Oct, 8 2004 @ 05:14 AM
link   
just got mail...

www.military.com...

www.niac.usra.edu...

here the links to pages I got send.

posted on Oct, 15 2004 @ 10:59 AM
link   
It's odd that most of the new scientific ideas, such as this, are mainly aimed in the weapons category. As far as a power suppy - sure!! This would definately work. But who really thinks that energy supply is just going to be given to us.
The cost to build a power supply plant would be astronomical. Who's going to pay that bill? Do you think your energy bills are high now!! Wew! This wouldn't be afforded by MOST.
So, in going back (down) to the weapons department - you, (as in most average readers), would simply not believe the TRILLIONS (above and beyond) that is spent in (covert) gov't weapons specialties like this. (Part of this money is thrown into our deficit to continue recieving that kind of money.) This kind of money isn't (and never will be) spent on taking care of humanity - let alone the "sane" Americans.

<< 1   >>

join