It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Five Good Reasons To Believe in UFOs:(or what is going on @ National Geo?)

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 04:04 PM
link   
Star and Flag.

I like to consider myself to be a ufo researcher and will try to absorb any and all information I can on the subject because, imo, there is something going on here on Earth or elsewhere.

This show maybe a flop, but then again it may hold some new stories I haven't heard before or even ATS hasn't heard before. However this is prolly unlikely but I will tune in just to see whats up with it.

Great thread.

-SAP-

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 04:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by anon72
reply to post by Screwed

Well, for the first time.... I agree with you. You are spot on, IMO.

STAR!!!! (not that you care but...)

Of course I do.
We can't possible disagree on EVERYTHING.
If you disagreed with EVRYTHING I said then I would think you have an agenda against me.
If you agreed with EVERYTHING I said I would think you were insane.....and weak minded.

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 04:56 PM
link   
I starred this because I just watched this new show on demand and liked it. They did their own investigation of the area of the eye-witness sighting and caught their own UFO on video and it was a very impressive piece of footage.

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 05:01 PM
link   
I do believe in UFO's.

I believe fully that people see things all the time that are unidentified.

Now if you want me to believe that they are alien craft then that's another matter entirely.

Are we alone in the universe? I believe not.

Are they flying around overhead trying to be sneaky and avoid us...... I don't believe so.

When / if they get here we will know it.

Just because there is other life in the universe does NOT mean that they are even advanced more than us or even at the same level.

One can argue that there is a chance that there is a much more advanced race than us out there but there is just as much a chance it's the same or less advanced.

Why is the assumption that alien life will be super advanced and so high above us? I have never heard even a theory of a stupid alien. As stupid as the human race is most times I would like to think there is something smarter out there but we just don't know.

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 05:26 PM
link   
reply to post by schuyler

You wise owl ,you have it right so far....

Why is it so hard to understand that we evolved from a fish

Answer because some do not understand and just picture an image see a fish
and go NAHHH lol, kinda like i used to do while following charlatans and getting suckered
in for primtime shows and documentrys of stupid aliens.

Untill i researched the other side and saw blatant facts against the false
misleading claims of wannabe profiteering charlatans..

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 05:31 PM
link   
reply to post by schuyler

The ufos are natural phenomena with some kind of intelligence
I have seen them close up and they can chase you etc..
They are from this world and some in space .

These phenomena need close attention ..

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 05:35 PM
link   
Advanced aircraft and natural phenmoena thats it guys..
When people saw stealth fighters etc they cried UFO
When they saw Any black projects and the lights around them its UFO..

Do i believe in sprites yes
blue jets yes , little green men no

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 06:40 PM
link   
reply to post by anon72

Anon72, have you read the newest translation of the ancient hebrew bible. It uses a system different to normal hebrew and the translation is incredible. What is really wonderful about it is how they teach you how they've done the translation so you can grasp the concept far better.

So, what does this different translation state? For one it states that the 'Supreme ones' chose Earth to be added to the group of 'developed' Planets.

www.thechronicleproject.org...

As for what I believe. I believe UFO's are generally the race known as Greys. These guys aren't good. They feed off us. They are obviously one rung higher than us in the universal food chain because it seems they do not feed in anyway like we do. Roswell reports stated that they had no stomach or rectum and other reports state they bathe in vats of human and animal fluids....possibly glandular secretions which explains the surgical precision of the cattle mutilations. What really bugs me is that these Greys don't seem to be the only alien race to have been on this planet. Giants of the Bible, the 'Feathered Serpents' of Ancient mythology...plus whatever entity was charading around as the 'LORD' and 'Lord of Hosts' who commanded these Giants in the Old testament....and more.

All I know is this world, and universe, has, and is, far different from what most believe.

edit on 27-6-2012 by LightAssassin because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 07:04 PM
link   
reply to post by denver22

Denver, go watch a movie called 'Fire in the sky' (Based on a true story).

Read the abduction reports from Dr. Karla Turner.

Then dig some more.

Then come back and we shall have a discussion.

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 07:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by denver22
Advanced aircraft and natural phenmoena thats it guys..
When people saw stealth fighters etc they cried UFO
When they saw Any black projects and the lights around them its UFO..

Do i believe in sprites yes
blue jets yes , little green men no

Oh really how do you explain the Betty and Barney Hill abduction case?

You think they both were lying about it? Betty took that story to her grave, I couldn't see someone holding on to a lie for about 50 years...Not to mention the star map...

Betty and Barney Hill Abduction case.

-SAP-
edit on 27-6-2012 by SloAnPainful because: (no reason given)

edit on 27-6-2012 by SloAnPainful because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 08:18 PM
link   
I used to follow Phill Plaitt aka Bad Astronomer on Twitter and apparently I have fallen out with him over this very topic, so much so he has blocked me. He was lobbying his followers to form a petition, or compose a letter to Nat Geo of the ridiculousness and nonsense of the topic. All I said to him was, one tweet, and I quote verbatim, "@BadAstronomer In who's opinion is it nonsense? 200 billion stars, 200 billion galaxies and you think we're alone? Wake up fella"
This earned me an immediate block in that I can't follow him any more.
Prima Donna that doesn't like his opinions questioned?
I think so.
Personally I can't wait for Chasing UFO's.
Some more fodder for discussion here.
Good to see something new come along in the field.

Peace all

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 08:47 PM
link   
reply to post by LightAssassin

have you read the newest translation of the ancient hebrew bible. It uses a system different to normal hebrew and the translation is incredible. What is really wonderful about it is how they teach you how they've done the translation so you can grasp the concept far better.

No my friend, I haven't. Thank you for the info. I will check it out. I believe some ancient writing will be able to unlock many things we don't know or understand. Star.

I have to say you have struck a vein in me about the "one step higher on the food chain...". When I began my trip down the UFO/Alien road, I went down the Human and Cattle mutilations path... and it wasn't a good trip....
It still messes with my head much of the time.

But, I have to say... the mutilations, for me... is the most troubling.... regardless who or what is doing them. I'll leave it at that.

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 08:51 PM
link   
quick kill them before they lay eggs.
Honestly, a lot of them won't be that peaceful. some, but not alot.

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 09:50 PM
link   
reply to post by anon72

Some people have issues dealing with the fact we're not number one (on the food chain). Personally, I laugh at the idea that we think we're number one. Movies like 'Skyline' I find very entertaining because the concepts are far more realistic than anyone will ever want to admit.

What's worse is it is clear even in the bible that these entities feed off of living mammals, us included. Given the requests to 'sacrifice' an animal or a 'first born son' and burn its flesh I can only conclude that if these do in fact exist then they feed off of something else produced from the killing of the subject and/or the burning of the flesh, otherwise known as the 'smelling the sweet savor'.

Either way I look forward to a time when all this is common knowledge and accepted truth.

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 10:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Screwed
I do NOT want to hear another account of a fighter pilot chasing a ufo or some douchebag go on about the wow signal. I'm done with this #!!!! I want MORE! I demand MORE! I am tired of being drip fed this BS.

But they seem to be some of the more credible claims.

Originally posted by ScrewedMy aliens are like Clint Eastwood and Chuck Norris rolled into one.

"The Student Teachers of Madison County"?

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 11:26 PM
link   
The show sounds very interesting - thanks for letting us
know. I went to the National Geo site and the pics and
info on the show are great. Can't wait to watch it June
29th at 9pm pacific time on the National Geographic
Channel.

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 11:34 PM
link   
reply to post by anon72

"It seems when folks post things or questions etc they get ripped to shreds by the self proclaimed Know-it-alls. When in fact we should be there with open arms."

This says it all. I've lost all interest in this website, as the self-proclaimed skeptic debunkers are so obsessed with protecting their fragile realities, that there is no longer any positive discourse on the UFO phenomenon here.

I can names a load of characters here, but what's the point? The moderation and administration stand behind the serial debunkers and professional trolls. All of this makes ATS ironically one of the most unfriendly and hostile websites available for this type of discussion.

My suggestion for the interested observer is to find a better forum. ATS has been compromised, whether by intent or out of a desire to remain unbaised, they've allowed a subversive and oppressive element to dominate and discourage the actual public voice of their userbase.

Believe me or not, I no longer care. You absolutely WILL NOT find an unbaised, helpful or open minded administration of this website. Good luck in your search for answers, surely they will not be allowed to be made self evident here.

edit on 27-6-2012 by yourignoranceisbliss because: format

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 11:38 PM
link   
reply to post by anon72

This is an excellent Thread! One of my patients at work told me about this program coming on Friday. I thought it was nice of her to mention it to me. I will be watching.

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 11:41 PM
link   
reply to post by anon72

Fake pictures and wild assumptions do not give me a reason to believe in UFO's piloted by alien's. I believe that our technological education is lacking because the world wants to keep us stupid.

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 11:49 PM
link   
Exciting time to be alive to say the least. Not a great time, for obvious reasons, but certainly not a boring time. As cynical as I am towards the future of earth I am very interested to see what happens in the next 20 years. This is the pivotal point of our civilization, people don't appreciate the gravity of that as much as they probably should. The next century is going to be the decider of humanity's fate in this cycle of civilization. We're either going to destroy ourselves or come to our senses, there's no middle-ground here. We can't continue this way for much longer, you don't have to be a prophet or a scientist to work that out.

And I'm certain UFOs/aliens/etc are going to play a big part in this "transition", we've never been closer to working out what they are than now. We've also never been so vulnerable on a planetary scale - there's a violent and close race between earth's free-fall towards the metaphorical ground and humanity's ability to work out how to deploy the metaphorical parachute in time. We're starting to create the technology required to answer these big questions of the universe and it scares the sh#t out of me and excites me at the same time.

That being said, I'm not holding my breath for this (or any other) TV show to give us those answers. They make interesting points and a lot of them do reveal something new from time to time but the real work is being done behind the scenes, so to speak. Disclosure isn't gonna happen on prime time TV on behalf of National Geographic. But hey, I could be wrong. Who am I to decide such things?

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join