It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Syrian Rebels Storm pro Assad TV station

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 03:25 AM
link   
reply to post by OccamsRazor04

You then conclude these people can not possibly be freedom fighters, even though they appear to go to great length to avoid human casualties.

Freedom fighters who are been backed by two undemocratic countries of Saudi Arabia and Qatar and have ties to terrorist groups, and you say that i am gullible

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 03:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Agent_USA_Supporter

See, you show your clear bias. We are discussing a news article, dont bring your crap in here. Im sorry the article doesnt say what you want it to say and support the ideas you espoused, rather it disproves it. I guess Qatar and Sauri Arabia arent such bad guys afterall since they tried not to kill anyone in this operation. Dont let the truth hit you on the way out.

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 03:27 AM
link   

the report dosent say how many
escaped unharmed ether.

it only focuses on the ones killed
who were probably armed security.

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 03:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by OccamsRazor04
reply to post by Happy1

Why is Syria strategic for bombing Iran?

This is why your a troll did you even read what the user said?

Syria is a strategic position for any country allied with Israel to bomb Iran. What can any of us "civilized" people thing is real or staged.

Syria is a strategic country for bombing, because Israel knows this if the rebels do win, or if Sryia goes into total chaos.

They can just lunch air strikes at Iran with ease.

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 03:29 AM
link   

let at least one person go free suggests this IS the work of freedom fighters and NOT terrorists.

I wonder how much do the Syrian rebels pay you to write thee things?

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 03:32 AM
link   

I guess Qatar and Sauri Arabia arent such bad guys afterall since they tried not to kill anyone in this operation. Dont let the truth hit you on the way out.
Thats where you lost your credibility, yeah Qatar and Sauri Arabia arent such bad guys afterall since they tried not to kill anyone in this operation.

Lets just forget that they tried to kill the reporter who was in Sryia and they wanted that to be blamed upon Assad for damage control.

Lets forget that.

Lets forget that Saudi Arabia is a great nation and it cares about the protesters in Bahrain to, doesn't it? the same Bahrain Regine that is been backed by Saudi Arabia and America, well the Regine is tear gassing its protesters.

Lets forget all about that.

No in fact lets call NATO a Freedom fighter while we are at it.

Or the fact Saudi Arabia harbors terrorists on its own land.
edit on 27-6-2012 by Agent_USA_Supporter because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 03:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Agent_USA_Supporter

If you want to make a post talking about something else you are free to do it. We are discussing this article, stay on topic. They tried to not kill anyone, like I said, dont let the facts hit you on the way out. If you can not post on topic dont post please.

Facts remain, they did not kill the guards, they did not kill the employee interviewed, the only people killed martyred themselves, which the word martyr implies it was their actions that resulted in their death. Bye.

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 03:38 AM
link   

Facts remain, they did not kill the guards, they did not kill the employee interviewed, the only people killed martyred themselves, which the word martyr implies it was their actions that resulted in their death. Bye.
This post it proves you were trolling, thanks for showing that.

I guess you didn't and haven't read the article at all, other then you just kept on posting my goodness i guess the Syrian rebel and its supporters are starting an Information war to now?

Pretending to claim and suggest that they haven't killed anyone in the operation? whats this? are we in a little damage control?

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 03:39 AM
link   

it was their actions that resulted in their death
And those are what actions if may add? seeing how you have all the Intel apparently. or unless you are in a damage control as stated in my above post.

They tried to not kill anyone

So planting explosives like a terrorist does snit trying to kill anyone. Thats new.

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 03:41 AM
link   

Martyr or martyred has almost no context within Syrian state media.

Since start of the rebellion, Syria uses the word almost all the time to describe deaths at the hands of rebels and terrorist groups.

Terrorist groups is what means in Syrian media to what western media call rebels.
edit on 27-6-2012 by wigmoez because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 03:43 AM
link   
how many people work at a news station?
how many people were killed?
did the news station have armed security?

this was too well planned for a bunch of
rag tag fsa rebles

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 03:47 AM
link   
reply to post by slaine1978

They may have had assistance in the planning, but Syria would claim it was Westerners if it was, it was the rebels.

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 03:50 AM
link   

i dident say it wasent the FSA rebles and they
were helped by western forces.
british sf have been in syria for quite some time

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 03:57 AM
link   
reply to post by slaine1978

Yes I would not be surprised if there was not some strategic planning assistance. The minimal loss of life shows it was the right decision, if it was the West who helped.

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 04:02 AM
link   
you shouldent be suprised.
but you wont get much info on it

you would be suprised by the amount
of assistan's british sf have provided around
the world..

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 04:04 AM
link   
And it wasn't a government run TV channel, it was owned/managed privately.

The thing is, they assisted spread of government line, so the govt in kind sees it as non threatening...

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 04:07 AM
link   
reply to post by wigmoez

well it wont be doing much broadcasting
now

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 04:18 AM
link   
official SANA news agency's report, go there for almost triple more quoted content and pictures of rubble

An Armed Terrorist Group Attacks Syrian TV al-Ikhbaryia Satellite Channel, Three Staff Martyred
Jun 27, 2012
www.sana.sy/eng/337/2012/06/27/427931.htm

DAMASCUS, (SANA)- Information Minister Omran al-Zoubi on Wednesday said the armed terrorist groups perpetrated the worst massacre against journalism and the freedom of media when they executed the Syria media figures in cold blood.

The Minister held those who instigate against Syria and escalate terrorism against its people fully responsible for this massacre.

Minister al-Zoubi said "This massacre won't go unpunished and the broadcast of the Syrian al-Ikhbaryia Satellite will not stop and we hold the EU and Arab and International organizations responsible for this massacre."

(...)

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 04:23 AM
link   
reply to post by wigmoez

propaganda

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 04:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Agent_USA_Supporter
reply to post by stirling

That is something terrorists would do and they planted explosives and kidnapped employers, thats not something freedom fighters would do.

One mans freedom fighter, is another mans terrorist. Depends on which side of the fence you live on.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join