It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

America was founded on the King James Bible - George Washington and John Adams

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 12:10 AM
link   

This educational historial video is approximately one hour long and I have learned more in that one hour about all the problems Christianity has survived since the crucifiction of Jesus Christ - the various bibles and their translations - the people who died for their faith - Its a miracle the book even exist's.
and for the last 10 minutes is about America and its Bible, and I would say those who seek to destroy the book and destroy the believers as well - they seek to stop the word of GOD from the layman > >? now who would want to do that >? the Pope > ? (I learned their was two popes one in France and the other in Italy)
I think its a must viewing to clear up any issues you might have about the origins of America or it Bible.
and one thing is for sure - America was founded to be and as a Christian Nation w here its laws and constitution were based on the Bible. Its all there - in History its just a matter of learning the truth.

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 12:13 AM
link   
So? What's the point of this information? Times have changed os much that even if the U.S. founding fathers were Jewish, Muslim, or Reptilians...it would still be in economic and political turmoil. Not trying to be a jerk, but who cares if the U.S. was founded by Christians...it doens't matter.

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 12:21 AM
link   
reply to post by 1BornPatriot

So, really. You learned all of this from a youtube video. Interesting how the first amendment spells out the dangers of linking "nationalism" with religion. The only constitution in the world where religion is specifically mandated to stay out of politics. At least most of the forefathers saw through their own religious BS that far to put it in the constitution.

CJ

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 12:25 AM
link   
Haven't watched the video yet but I'm on it.

Most of the founding fathers actually claimed to be Deists, but Washington did dedicate the nation to Yahweh at a little chapel in New York which is now Ground Zero.

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 12:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by MmmPie
So? What's the point of this information? Times have changed os much that even if the U.S. founding fathers were Jewish, Muslim, or Reptilians...it would still be in economic and political turmoil. Not trying to be a jerk, but who cares if the U.S. was founded by Christians...it doens't matter.

The POINT is that you have been LIED to on a MASSIVE scale

THIS is the reason WHY it doesn't matter to you.

Stop being another mind control victim and break free of the lies that are destroying you and the rest of this world.

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 12:32 AM
link   
Christianity is not the foundation of america. The founders may have been Christian, but that's not the same. Read the constitution.

And lies from the media? We are talking about a few thousand year old sci if book that got out of hand.

If you want to find god, an old book written by numerous men in a different world is not the place to look.

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 12:33 AM
link   
[ily to post by MmmPie

I have to disagree - as christian morals - how stuffy and bible thumping they might be - it was a standard in which was expected - I dont know about you but without morals - you dont know what to expect anymore,'
so I think maybe there is something about the book that creates a harmonous society through shared knowledge prehaps, - I think i will try and read it again, this time because I want too....

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 12:37 AM
link   
reply to post by ColoradoJens

I thought that too, you see these different colony's where of differing faiths using different bibles - and since they could not agree on which bible - they agreed not to discriminate against region but since all the bibles where basically christian majority - they agreed to protect Regious Beliefs because of all the disgusting persection of religeon in Europe... even Satinic worship is protected - lucky for you Queen Mary would burn your arse at the stake.

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 01:09 AM
link   

America was founded by many colonies, with many principles, not by one bible nor by two people. The founding of this country could not have been more intricate nor differentiated by more spiritual beliefs, multiple philosophies and political ideologies, military disciplines, social sciences and economic policies.

OP the presentation of this one hour video offers a very slanted point of view of the religion in the colonies. You will find most were seeking to flee England from monarchs, such as the one to whom this bible is dedicated, especially when it came to the Church of England.

Hence, I must defer to those ATSers who commented to your post (along the lines of the Deist fore fathers) who held the ground for religious freedom and the separation between church and state. Because of this, people from all over the world have found refuge and graced this nation over two plus short centuries.

I grant you it has been cause for great turmoil, but it has created one of the greatest nations in the world.

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 03:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by ColoradoJens

So, really. You learned all of this from a youtube video. Interesting how the first amendment spells out the dangers of linking "nationalism" with religion. The only constitution in the world where religion is specifically mandated to stay out of politics. At least most of the forefathers saw through their own religious BS that far to put it in the constitution.

CJ

It's also interesting how Alexander Hamilton was not specifically a religious man, who was the voice for Washington for many years, and contributed heavily to the Constitution... was quoted as saying(don't care to pull a book from the self) something along the lines that 'there was no(need) god in that room' referencing the constitutional convention...

I'm not gonna lie though... the documentary(whatever you want to call it) presented seems interesting... a lot of nonsense that I already don't care to know lol.

Here's just a random quote I thought I'd share to reiterate your point, and mine...

The voice of the people has been said to be the voice of God; and, however generally this maxim has been quoted and believed, it is not true to fact. The people are turbulent and changing, they seldom judge or determine right.
Alexander Hamilton
Read more at www.brainyquote.com...#

We the People of the United States, in Order to form a more perfect Union, establish Justice, insure domestic Tranquility, provide for the common defence, promote the general Welfare, and secure the Blessings of Liberty to ourselves and our Posterity, do ordain and establish this Constitution for the United States of America.

Being that it is a government of and by the people, it was considered to be dangerous to combine the concept of divinity and specific doctrines with governance... although this particular example doesn't really explain this..

He wrote to John Laurens, when talking about finding a wife...

“As to religion a moderate stock will satisfy me. She must believe in god and hate a saint.”

Showing, that yes... religion at heart, but a recognition of what evils a 'fundamentalist' type brings to the table...

Another quote that goes to show this is:

July 6, 1780.
Dear General,

Doctor W. Mendy is one of those characters that for its honesty, simplicity, and helplessness interests my humanity. He is exceedingly anxious to be in the service, and, I believe, has been forced out of it not altogether by fair play. He is just what I should like for a military parson, except that he does not* drink. He will fight, and he will not insist upon your going to heaven whether you will or not. He tells me there is a vacancy in your brigade. I should be really happy if, through your influence, he can fill it. Pray take care of the good old man.”

This shows a deviance from what someone may suggest is a religious man, for removing the thoughts of heaven and hell from the military is fairly unChristian like.

I'm not sure if St. Augustin of Hippo came up with Just War Theory before or after his conversion to catholic Christianity, a spin off of Aristotle and Plato(Plato his favorite, seemingly)... but I can see this being at the heart of foreign policy. It seemingly was a very non-interventionist approach to war, which was also shared by George Washington. Although I think Washington was fairly short sighted at times...

I'd have to pull a book or two, but there are plenty of quotes that suggest that there were a multitude of religions and mythologies that went into Washington and others developing their ideologies and mindsets. It was common place back then, for men of their intellect and thirst for knowledge to sit around and talk about mythology and such... that's when you get into the whole Mason thing. But I won't get into that...

I'm not certain, but I can only imagine that the works of John Locke, Sir Francis Bacon, and St.Augustine were well known by the individuals who founded this country. Yes, a good chunk of their work carries with it a Christian tone... and yes, much of the ideologies of the founding fathers were derived from religion, but to specifically say that the King James version is the one... is incredibly incorrect.

If anything.... I'd say that America was founded on a bunch of things, especially religions. But not in the way that a majority of people would like to think. Archetypal roles(patterns in behavior and such), mans attraction to sin and power were recognized, and the people were provided a structure of a government that didn't lend itself to undesirable crap that came with these.

I'm going to have to read more on George Washington and John Adams, but I would suggest that this is a stretch...

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 08:38 AM
link   
Seems like America was founded by kicking the Church of England, based in KJV, out of the Americas for backing King George.

George Washington and others didn't want to be taxed to support any religion they didn't want. So, the Govt. could not impose a tax to support any religion, and likewise folks could have a variety of religion.

Washington even made the Jewish in Rhode Island happy over that outlook, as the Jewish would not be taxed to support Christian Churches amd the Govt would not rule over Judaism.

America got founded by lots of preachers that took up tossing out the King Supporting Church of England, but also it came down to religion is OK and varied----just keep it distant from Goverment.

Most of the Laws of the world came down from Babylon times of the OT, and the rules off the "stone of Hammarabi. And some of the Noahide and Moses law. Jesus didn't have much to do with law. Jesus also called his god as not Yahweh.

If the video departs from these basic concepts, it likely isn't an honest documentary---more like a church promotion video.

www.historynet.com...

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 08:48 AM
link   
It's important to remember that there had been Europeans and Englishmen/women on this continent for nearly TWO HUNDRED years before the "founding" of the nation (its severance of loyalty to the crown of England).

And I believe (but may be mistaken) that many of the "founding fathers" of the late 18th century were Freemasons.

If the documentary neglects to point out that it was the "Puritan" recusants who first came over as a "Grand Experiment" (see William Penn et al) were tired of being persecuted and bullied by the CofE and the crown, then it is definitely NOT telling the whole story.

The revolution was sparked by refusing to be forced to line Britsh coffers with the lion's share of the profits earned by those working in the "New World."

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 11:36 AM
link   

Then I guess you had better educate the members who are against Freemasons and say they are not Christian.

WASHINGTON AS A FREEMASON

Educate yourself on who really was behind America:
The Mysterious Rosicrucian Who Was the Father of the American Republic

He was known as the "Professor." Together with Franklin and Washington, he was a member of the committee selected by the Continental Congress in 1775 to create a design for the American Flag. The design he made was accepted by the committee and given to Betsy Ross to execute into the first model.

A year later, on July 4, 1776, this mysterious stranger, whose name nobody knew, suddenly appeared in Independence Hall and delivered a stirring address to the fearful men there gathered, who were wondering whether they should risk their lives as traitors by affixing their names to the memorable document which Thomas Jefferson wrote and of whose ideals Francis Bacon, founder of Freemasonry and Rosicrucianism, was the true originator.

www.illuminati-news.com...

Unlike most governments of the past, the American Founding Fathers set up a government divorced from any religion. Their establishment of a secular government did not require a reflection to themselves of its origin; they knew this as a ubiquitous unspoken given. However, as the United States delved into international affairs, few foreign nations knew about the intentions of the U.S. For this reason, an insight from at a little known but legal document written in the late 1700s explicitly reveals the secular nature of the U.S. goverenment to a foreign nation. Officially called the "Treaty of peace and friendship between the United States of America and the Bey and Subjects of Tripoli, of Barbary," most refer to it as simply the Treaty of Tripoli. In Article 11, it states:

"As the Government of the United States of America is not, in any sense, founded on the Christian religion; as it has in itself no character of enmity against the laws, religion, or tranquillity, of Musselmen; and as the said States never have entered into any war or act of hostility against any Mehomitan nation, it is declared by the parties that no pretext arising from religious opinions shall ever produce an interruption of the harmony existing between the two countries."

nobeliefs.com...
The Original Article 11 from the Treaty of Tripoli

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 11:57 AM
link   
Sheesh. Okay, Christians, one more time:

* Refusing to submit to Christian theocratic rule is not "an attack on Christianity."

* Ignoring your calls for us to "repent" and "stop sinning" is not trying to "eliminate" you or your Bible.

* Demanding a government that does not impose or favor one religion over another one is not a violation of anyone's rights to practice their own religion. Hindus, Muslims, and Buddhists do not get to post their religious texts all over public buildings, and neither should Christians. The government is neutral: and that neutrality is not an "attack" on you. Quit whining.

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 12:13 PM
link   
Just so we're clear here. Three of the greatest contributors to the Declaration of Independence, Thomas Jefferson, Benjamin Franklin, and John Adams, WERE NOT present when the constitution was written. They were in France as ambassadors for the war.

Had they been present, the Constitution would have been A LOT different. Alexander Hamilton had his nose up Washington and IMO he was very much a cause of the problems of our economy that are happening today.

David McCollough's book on John Adams is great, and the miniseries based off of it is well worth watching.

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 01:21 PM
link   
reply to post by angelchanneller

The seperation of church and state - is a mis-nomer, that was the first thing I looked into - where is it ?

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 02:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by 1BornPatriot
reply to post by angelchanneller

The seperation of church and state - is a mis-nomer, that was the first thing I looked into - where is it ?

It's in the court cases won - - and legal precedence set.

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 02:59 PM
link   

Your OP is highly innaccurate. The founding fathers of this country were not Christians, and tried to seperate themselves from organized religion. To say that they built the United States as a Christian nation is foolish, and not well researched.

While there were Christians among the men who started our country, the majority of them were Deists, escaping Christian persecution from the english.... Basic history class stuff.

edit on 27-6-2012 by W3RLIED2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 04:40 PM
link   
reply to post by schlomo

Had they been present, the Constitution would have been A LOT different. Alexander Hamilton had his nose up Washington and IMO he was very much a cause of the problems of our economy that are happening today.

Man... it gets old trying to explain Alexander Hamilton to people lol. I'm not going to pretend like I know what you're aware of... all I'm going to say is check out Alexander Hamilton - Ron Chernow, it's a fantastic book.

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 12:53 PM
link   

America was founded on the King James Bible

I thought it was founded on freedom ... freedom of (and from) religion, freedom of speech, freedom of the press, etc etc. It'll be a surprise to many that this country was founded on a book full of myths and legend .. a book named after a drunk flaming homosexual (King James).

top topics

<<   2 >>

join