It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mathematical Code Found Embedded Within The Measurements of Ezekiel's Temple - Stunning End Times R

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 08:03 PM
link   
Cliff notes:
.Mathematical code found in the measurements of Ezekiel's temple.
.Code confirms that the temple is figurative, not literal
.Code confirms that Satan will provide a counterfeit of the abomination of desolation
.Satan's counterfeit abomination of desolation will happen within a rebuilt physical temple
.The real abomination of desolation will happen within a figurative temple
.Dispensationalists will be deceived
.Daniel 9:27 refers to Jesus, not the antichrist
.Abomination of Desolation will happen 1.5 years before dispensationalists think it will

Excerpt:

The number 24,136 as well as factors and multiples of it, are found all throughout the Bible.

48,272 (2x)
24,136 (1x)
12,068 (1/2)
6,034 (1/4)
3,017 (1/8)

Total number of chapters and verses in the Torah equals 6034
Moses brought down Torah on 2 tablets for a total of 12068
Total number of chapters and verses in the entire collection of books included in the Hebrew Scriptures equals 24,136
Total number of chapters and verses in the Jewish books from Joshua to II Kings , all the prophets, excluding Zechariah, but including Psalms, totals 12,068
The other Jewish writings include Proverbs, Sons of Songs, Ruth, Lamentations, Esther, Ezra, Nehemiah and II chronicles total 3,017
From the generations of Adam through Methuselah are 5,974 years. This number multiplied by two, because the story line repeats the numbers twice when it recaps the ages, leaves us with the number 11,948. Then add 120 years to that because of Genesis 6:5, which states that man’s days shall be 120 years. The result is 12,068 years.

Returning to the measurements of Ezekiel, we find these numbers popping up in every measurement. See for yourself. Multiply the value of a measurement within Ezekiel’s Temple by 24.136. If a relevant number does not automatically show up, divide it by 12 for an inches to feet conversion. I have almost all of the measurements converted. If anyone would like them please leave a comment. I may end up just posting all of the measurements in a later blog. Here are just a few examples:

Ezekiel 40:5 – And behold a wall on the outside of the house round about, and in the man’s hand a measuring reed of six cubits long by the cubit and an hand breadth: so he measured the breadth of the building, one reed; and the height, one reed.
40:5 – a) 12.068 ft, b) 12.068 ft

Ezekiel 40:7 – And every little chamber was one reed long, and one reed broad; and between the little chambers were five cubits; and the threshold of the gate by the porch of the gate within was one reed.
40:7 – a) 12.068 ft, b) 12.068 ft, c) 120.68 in, d) 12.068 ft

Ezekiel 40:13 – He measured then the gate from the roof of one little chamber to the roof of another: the breadth was five and twenty cubits, door against door.
40:13 – a) 603.4 in

Ezekiel 40:14 – He made also posts of threescore cubits, even unto the post of the court round about the gate.
40:14 – a) 120.68 ft

Full article:
johnthewitness.wordpress.com...
edit on 26-6-2012 by Helper39 because: improved article

edit on 26-6-2012 by Helper39 because: improved article

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 08:34 PM
link   
Lets not forget 24 elders, 12 walls, 144,000 yahoos, 12 gates, some pearls and shiny stones....

I have always found it interesting that multiples of 12's, great find... I will be reading it over later.

To me, they have always described a truth in dimension and numbers(numerology), their relation to the material plane(geometry) and encompassing such things as music theory and architectural acoustics and such....

But it goes much further than just that... it's dependent on what specific numbers, patterns, and forms of replication that pay homage to a specific, denoted archetype. It's a philosophy, a means, a belief... all of that, wrapped up into simple numbers, patterns and shapes.

The numbers 12 and 24 are specifically amazing... although 13 is my favorite

24 is the number of completion, combined 'dualism' of 12. It's all about the wave man, complete cycles, wave lengths and such... lol.

My name on this website was going to be 12242012... for the entire bible number reason... but then I changed it to 13 because it's more appropriate for the times...

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 10:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Helper39

*sigh*

This is wrong on so many levels that I barely know where to start. Why, WHY do people continue to quote someone who thinks he's one of the two witnesses of Revelation? Isn't that on its own enough to suggest that the guy is a false prophet?

Allow me to debunk for you.

I want to focus primarily on the errors in the latter part of the post, but briefly:

- the 'code' referred to by 'John the Witness' does not prove, nor even suggest that Ezekiel's temple is figurative. Are the numbers significant? Yes they are. Do they prove that Ezekiel's temple is not real? No they do not.

- Daniel 9:27 does NOT refer to Christ, as he contends. If so, then why is "an end made of him" (also 9:27), and why would Christ Himself set up "the abomination that causes desolation" (9:27)? This is a single verse in a single passage, and yet 'John the Witness' contends that it refers to Christ (as you quote), and then, just two sentences later, attributes that SAME VERSE to Satan. Clever.

This is a fundamental misunderstanding of the repeated use (both here, by Daniel, and also by Christ in the NT) of a KNOWN incident (Antiochus Epiphanes violating the temple by setting up his own idol in the temple), which would have made perfect sense to Jesus' own audience of 1st Century Jews... and clearly has been lost on 'John the Witness'.

Now, to talk about numbers:

Chapters and verses in the Bible were LATER ADDITIONS, and are not present in the early texts. Jewish copies of the Torah actually contain 116 more verses than the common English Torah, which would give you a number of... not 6034, but 6150. Also, early versions of the Jewish Torah were divided up into 154 sections (not chapters). So there goes that theory.

In fact, the first known Jewish text to feature chapters is from the 15th Century, while the first Christian text... well, that's up for debate, but you're looking at the 5th century for that, at the latest. No matter which way you slice it, the post-textual addition of chapters and verses still throws the very concept squarely into the "non-divinely-inspired" category.

As for the next point there... Moses did NOT bring down the Torah from Mt. Sinai on tablets.
He may very well have brought parts of the Torah down (the Bible doesn't actually tell us, though textual scholarship suggests multiple authorship, or perhaps Mosaic compilation from various earlier sources), but he did not bring down the Torah on the tablets.

What he DID bring down from Mt. Sinai was two tablets containing the ten commandments (cf. Deut. 10:1-2), which God Himself wrote down.

I do particularly like the ridiculously arbitrary piece of scholarship that is adding up Adam to Methuselah's generations (twice) and then adding an entirely out-of-context 120 years because of Genesis 6:5, and the suggestion that "if a relevant number does not show up, divide it by 12 for an inches to feet conversion"; an interesting suggestion given that Ezekiel's temple isn't measured in feet or inches, but in cubits or "reeds" (as per 'John the Witness' in his own comments).

Seriously. Put this ridiculous excuse for a false prophet to rest.
He isn't worth the time of day. Instead, "test the spirits" as you've been commanded, test everything by the Bible, as the Bereans were commended for doing, and study for yourself instead of accepting the word of every false prophet that writes a blog!

edit on 26-6-2012 by Awen24 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 11:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Awen24

Can't argue with you, i agree. People assume the books of the bible were written in book form, when it was written in scroll, and then they assume it came with chapters and numbered verses. They should just save the mathematics for something else, math may be the language of the universe but it ain't the language of YHWH.

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 12:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by lonewolf19792000
reply to post by Awen24

Can't argue with you, i agree. People assume the books of the bible were written in book form, when it was written in scroll, and then they assume it came with chapters and numbered verses. They should just save the mathematics for something else, math may be the language of the universe but it ain't the language of YHWH.

Hi, concerning the numbering of the Bible passages.

Just because the Bible passages were not originally numbered does not mean that they haven't been numbered in God's mind since before the foundation of the world. Perhaps God chose to unseal the passage numbers when it suited him.

For example, Satan will pose his alien invasion on 12 21 2012.

Notice that Revelation 12:12 (December of 2012) which states that Satan is kicked to earth.
Therefore rejoice, you heavens and you who dwell in them! But woe to the earth and the sea, because the devil has gone down to you! He is filled with fury, because he knows that his time is short."

Concerning 12 21 12: (1+2 = 3, 2+1 = 3, 1+2 = 3) An occultist assigns the number ’333′ to “death, resurrection, and ascension”, and consider it to be most powerful.

Notice that it is II Samuel 21:20 that states that the resulting offspring of fallen angels and humans had six fingers and toes.

In still another battle, which took place at Gath, there was a huge man with six fingers on each hand and six toes on each foot—twenty-four in all. He also was descended from Rapha.

David Wilcock, the 2012 cult leader, claims that aliens with six fingers will land on Dec 21 2012 to save us. Also interestingly enough II Samuel 21 is the 10th book in the bible and the second book of Samuel so once again we get 12 (2 + 10) and 21.

So II Samuel 21:20 converts to 12 21 20, the very numbers used to make the date 12/21/2012

Also Revelation 11 gives the prophecy about the two witnesses. I was called by God in July (7th month) of 2011.

Regardless, I do not blame people for not believing me. Keep your eyes open for the false flag pandemic. I wastold in a dream it will happen soon. Also there will be a false flag attack at a football game.

edit on 27-6-2012 by Helper39 because: corrected information

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 12:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Awen24

*sigh*

This is wrong on so many levels that I barely know where to start. Why, WHY do people continue to quote someone who thinks he's one of the two witnesses of Revelation? Isn't that on its own enough to suggest that the guy is a false prophet?

Allow me to debunk for you.

I want to focus primarily on the errors in the latter part of the post, but briefly:

- the 'code' referred to by 'John the Witness' does not prove, nor even suggest that Ezekiel's temple is figurative. Are the numbers significant? Yes they are. Do they prove that Ezekiel's temple is not real? No they do not.

- Daniel 9:27 does NOT refer to Christ, as he contends. If so, then why is "an end made of him" (also 9:27), and why would Christ Himself set up "the abomination that causes desolation" (9:27)? This is a single verse in a single passage, and yet 'John the Witness' contends that it refers to Christ (as you quote), and then, just two sentences later, attributes that SAME VERSE to Satan. Clever.

This is a fundamental misunderstanding of the repeated use (both here, by Daniel, and also by Christ in the NT) of a KNOWN incident (Antiochus Epiphanes violating the temple by setting up his own idol in the temple), which would have made perfect sense to Jesus' own audience of 1st Century Jews... and clearly has been lost on 'John the Witness'.

Now, to talk about numbers:

Chapters and verses in the Bible were LATER ADDITIONS, and are not present in the early texts. Jewish copies of the Torah actually contain 116 more verses than the common English Torah, which would give you a number of... not 6034, but 6150. Also, early versions of the Jewish Torah were divided up into 154 sections (not chapters). So there goes that theory.

In fact, the first known Jewish text to feature chapters is from the 15th Century, while the first Christian text... well, that's up for debate, but you're looking at the 5th century for that, at the latest. No matter which way you slice it, the post-textual addition of chapters and verses still throws the very concept squarely into the "non-divinely-inspired" category.

As for the next point there... Moses did NOT bring down the Torah from Mt. Sinai on tablets.
He may very well have brought parts of the Torah down (the Bible doesn't actually tell us, though textual scholarship suggests multiple authorship, or perhaps Mosaic compilation from various earlier sources), but he did not bring down the Torah on the tablets.

What he DID bring down from Mt. Sinai was two tablets containing the ten commandments (cf. Deut. 10:1-2), which God Himself wrote down.

I do particularly like the ridiculously arbitrary piece of scholarship that is adding up Adam to Methuselah's generations (twice) and then adding an entirely out-of-context 120 years because of Genesis 6:5, and the suggestion that "if a relevant number does not show up, divide it by 12 for an inches to feet conversion"; an interesting suggestion given that Ezekiel's temple isn't measured in feet or inches, but in cubits or "reeds" (as per 'John the Witness' in his own comments).

Seriously. Put this ridiculous excuse for a false prophet to rest.
He isn't worth the time of day. Instead, "test the spirits" as you've been commanded, test everything by the Bible, as the Bereans were commended for doing, and study for yourself instead of accepting the word of every false prophet that writes a blog!

edit on 26-6-2012 by Awen24 because: (no reason given)

Yes the code does confirm that the Temple is figurative. God embedded this code within the measurements of Ezekiel's temple because he knows that Satan's counterfeit temple will be built using a cubit that does not value 24.136 in. By providing the true value of the sacred cubit, one can show that any rebuilt physical temple that does not match those dimensions is not legitimate

Thanks for the correction about the tablets vs scrolls. I did not know that. I just repeated the information presented by Doug Vogt.

75% of Bible translations show that Daniel 9:27 speaks of two different entities, Messiah the Prince, and the prince who makes the abomination of desolation

The ASV is just one of the many Bible versions which document the fact that there are two people being talked about here.

27 And he shall make a firm covenant with many for one week: and in the midst of the week he shall cause the sacrifice and the oblation to cease; and upon the wing of abominations shall come one that maketh desolate; and even unto the full end, and that determined, shall wrath be poured out upon the desolate.
(Daniel 9:27 ASV)

The inches to feet conversion is completely relevant. Since the code is meant to be revealed in the End Times, God is going to use an End Times system of measurement. The system of measurement that will be familiar to his two witnesses who will be living in USA; the two people who God has tasked with revealing this hidden mystery.

edit on 27-6-2012 by Helper39 because: fixed error

edit on 27-6-2012 by Helper39 because: corrected misinfo

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 01:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Awen24

Awen24, I will do my best to show that I am who I say I am. I will show you something hidden within the Bible that I believe I was the first person to find.

I see that you are very skeptical. Obviously, you know quite a lot about Bible prophecy. I would appreciate your criticism.

What I have discovered concerns the regathering of Israel: I believe that the regathering of Israel in 1948 was a counterfeit. I think that I correctly identified the real year that the regathering of Israel will happen in using corrected math of Ezekiel 4. Ezekiel 4 states that 2018 will be the year that Israel is regathered.

Tell me what you think....

Let me try to lay out the deception as best I can.

The Bible states:

When Babylon is destroyed, the sins of the house of Judah and the house of Israel will be pardoned, the exile will be over and at long last the house of Judah and the house of Israel will be restored. (Jeremiah 50:20).

The Bible mentions only one post Yeshua regathering. Mainstream Christians seemingly believe that the 1948 gathering was in prophecy, but also believe there will be another gathering that has not happened yet. Where do these Christians find the evidence for two? The great regathering to the promised land which will reunite Israel and Judah will not happen until during the tribulation (Jeremiah 50:2-5, Jeremiah 30:7-10) after Mystery Babylon the Great is destroyed (Jeremiah 50:20, Jeremiah 50:2-5). Obviously the tribulation has not happened yet. The regathering corresponds to the second coming of Yeshua and the tribulation (Jeremiah 23:3-6, Romans 9:25-28, Isaiah 10:20–23). Also the Bible states that Yeshua will be the one who regathers (Jeremiah 31:10), not the United Nations. God said he would destroy the nations from which the Israelites were scattered. Why hasn’t God destroyed Europe, if the nation Israel, in the middle east, is really a nation of God? Why would God destroy Christian nations when he himself says that Judaism is an antichrist religion? (1 John 2:22)

If Israel becoming a nation in 1948 was really the fulfillment of Biblical prophecy then why wasn’t the kingdom of Israel gathered with the kingdom of Judah? The regathering prophecy requires the gathering together of ALL of Jacob / Israel (Hosea 1:10-11, Micah 2:12.) All twelve tribes, both kingdoms, Israel and Judah will need to have been gathered to the promised land. If you are a Christian who believes the Bible is divinely inspired, then you must admit that the gathering that happened in 1948 is not the real gathering that is spoken of in prophecy. The northern Kingdom of Israel, was taken into captivity by the Assyrians in 722 B.C. These Lost Tribes of Israel lost their identity and their religion. They were worshiping Pagan Gods and they did not realize they were Israelites. Yeshua told his apostles to “preach only unto the lost sheep of the house of Israel” (Matthew 10:5-6.) Therefore at the time Yeshua was preaching, these Lost Tribes of Israel, were still lost and still pagan, and only a short while away from converting to Christianity in mass. As said before, God said he would regather ALL of Israel, while the kingdom of Judah denied Yeshua, the Kingdom of Israel, the Lost Tribes, embraced Yeshua and Christianity spread throughout the kingdom of Israel. So obviously, when Israel became a nation in 1948, only the Jewish kingdom of Judah was gathered, and not the lost tribe Christian kingdom of Israel, therefore the prophecies were never fulfilled.

Furthermore the Bible states clearly that Judah and Israel will call on God during the tribulation. The only way to call on God is through the son (John 14:6.) Judah therefore must convert to Christianity during the tribulation or their calls and prayers could not be answered. When the real regathering happens it will include the remnant of both kingdoms each having embraced Yeshua as messiah.

God promised that Israel would never be attacked or have their land threatened on any of the three annual feast days (Exodus 34:22-24). Each time that ancient Israel was attacked on a feast day signified that it had broken the covenant with God. The historian Josephus, according to Don Preston in Countdown to Nowhere, argues that Nebuchadnezzar destroyed Jerusalem during the feast of Pentecost in 586 B.C. He also points out that the Romans also destroyed Jerusalem in 70 A.D during the Pentecost. The modern nation of Israel was attacked on the Passover on 3/27/2002. Signifying that the nation of Israel is an abomination to God.

continued below

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 01:11 AM
link   
Doesn’t Zachariah say that Judah will be gathered first?

“…Jerusalem” (IE The People, the tribes of Israel) “will be living again in the place which is hers, that is, in Jerusalem. 7 And the Lord will give salvation to the tents of Judah first” (as opposed to the rest of Jerusalem, IE the 10 lost tribes) “so that the glory of the family of David and the glory of the people of Jerusalem” (IE The rest of the lost tribes) “may not be greater than that of Judah” (Zechariah 12:6,7)

This passage marks a clear difference between Judah and the rest of Jerusalem. “… glory of the people of Jerusalem may not be greater than that or Judah.” This passage states that all of Jerusalem (all 12 tribes of Israel) will need to be regathered: “Jerusalem will be living in Jerusalem”. Obviously that has not happened yet. So the nation Israel is a counterfeit.

It seems, however, that when the real regathering happens. Judah, indeed, will be given salvation first.

What happened to the Kingdom of Israel?

The prophet Hosea preached several decades before the fall of the House of Israel to the Assyrians in 722 B.C. While addressing the failings and issues of both the House of Israel and the House of Judah his primary message is directed at the House of Israel, also known as Ephraim.

In an effort to illustrate the House of Israel’s spiritual adultery against Him, YHVH commanded Hosea to take a prostitute for a wife (Hos. 1:2). Hosea and the prostitute had 3 children. God had Hosea name them symbolically to show how he was going to deal with the House of Israel. The children were named Jezreel (“God sows”), Lo-Ruhamah (“no mercy”), and Lo-Ammi (“no people”).

All three of these names are representative of God’s punishment on the House of Israel. Jezreel represented God’s sowing of the House of Israel among the Gentile nations of the earth after they were carried away into captivity by the Assyrians (Hos. 8:8; Zec. 10:7-10). Lo-Ruhamah denoted the fact that Yah would no longer have mercy upon the House of Israel, allowing them to be taken captive because of their sins (Hos. 1:6). Lo-Ammi pictured the gradual loss of religious and ethnic identity of the House of Israel. The House of Israel were allowed to forget that they were part of the chosen people of God (Hos. 1:9), and eventually came to view themselves as Gentiles. The house of Israel’s true identity will not be known until the information is unsealed shortly before the tribulation.

Where did the lost tribes of Israel go? The tribes of Israel were scattered to the north (Jer. 3:18, 23:8.) After being rejected by his Jewish brethren (John 1:11), Yeshua told the apostles to not go the way of the gentile, but to preach only unto the lost children of the House of Israel (Matthew 10:5-6, Matthew 15:24) James preached in Spain (Source). Peter preached in Great Britain (Source). Matthias preached in modern day Romania (Source). With God obviously having a preference that Christianity reach the Lost Tribes before the Gentiles (Matthew 15:24,26, Matthew 10:5-6), It is no surprise that the people whom adopted Christianity the earliest, and have the richest histories with the religion are other European peoples. God gives visual identifiers to each racial group. Hamites are known for their dark skin (Jeremiah 13:23, Exagoge 60-65 by Ezekiel the Tragedian) Israelites have their own similar identifying features as well. The reason why European and Jewish people have colorful eyes and hair is because they are both Israelite peoples.

Was the nation Israel becoming a country in 1948 really the fulfillment of Ezekiel’s prophecy?

4Lie thou also upon thy left side, and lay the iniquity of the house of Israel upon it: according to the number of the days that thou shalt lie upon it thou shalt bear their iniquity. 5For I have laid upon thee the years of their iniquity, according to the number of the days, three hundred and ninety days: so shalt thou bear the iniquity of the house of Israel. 6And when thou hast accomplished them, lie again on thy right side, and thou shalt bear the iniquity of the house of Judah forty days: I have appointed thee each day for a year. (Ezekiel 4:4-6)

Many Christians believe Israel is a divine nation of God based on the founding of the nation Israel in 1948 which seems to correspond to Ezekiel’s prophecy. Most historians agree with the fact that Judah was enslaved by the Babylonians for 60 years rather than the necessary 70 that is used to arrive at the 1948 number (Wikipedia). Also why would you use the number 70, a number that is symbolic of completeness, when we know that Judah’s punishment was not completed because they were punished 7x more for their sins. Lets see what happens when we use the number 60 which seems to be more historically accurate…

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 01:11 AM
link   
390 days Judgment against the 10 northern tribes ‘Israel’
+ 40 days Judgment against the 2 southern tribes ‘Judah’
= 430 years Judgment against the nation of Israel

With the northern tribes of Israel having already been taken captive by the Assyrians, in 597 B.C. Judah was also taken into captivity by the Babylonians until 537 B.C. for a grand total of exactly 60 years (Wikipedia). Instead of the 70 that most use to arrive at the year 1948. We’ll get into where this commonly used 70 number comes from later…

430 years of judgment determined against nation Israel
- 60 years fulfilled during the Babylonian captivity
= 370 years remaining in judgment against the nation of Israel

“And after all this, if you do not obey Me, then I (God) will punish you seven times more for your sins.” (Leviticus 26:18)

”And after all this, if you do not obey Me, but walk contrary to Me, then I (God) also will walk contrary to you in fury; and I, even I will chastise you seven times for your sins.”
(Leviticus 26:27-28)

Surely enough, Judah did not obey God and was forced to endure the 7x multiplier of God’s wraith.

This leaves us with:

370 Remaining years of judgment
x 7 ’7X’ rule
= 2,590 Years of judgment remained against nation Israel

2,590 years
x 360 days
= 932,400 days of judgment remained against nation Israel after the Babylonian captivity

Convert the 932,400 days into our 365.25 day solar (Julian) years.

932,400 days ÷ 365.25 days = 2,552.77 years of God’s judgment remained

597 BCE
+ 60 Years
= 537.3 B.C. Spring of 537 B.C. Cyrus allows Jews to return to Jerusalem
+ 2552.77 Years Now add the 2,552 years remaining in this judgment
= 2017 A.D. End of judgment against Israel

Click here for the date calculator I used.

2017 A.D seems to be much closer to the date of the real regathering. However I would have been much happier to see 2018, as that correlates to the year that I believe the Israel will be destroyed. I believe that I am one of the witnesses spoken of in Revelation. I was called by God in the 7th month of 2011, which I believe marked the point that is 7 years from the completion of the tribulation. 7 years from 2011 would be 2018. The 2017 date obviously is off by a year. Then again those who use the 70 year captivity theory to arrive at the 1948 date were off by 2 years. (Source) Apparently the ancient Hebrews counted portions of a year as one year, with this acknowledged then the 2018 date appears to be valid. Also it does not necessarily need to be 2018. As the time that God will end his judgment upon Israel (2017) does not necessarily need to be the exact year that Mystery Babylon the Great will be destroyed (2018).

Now to address the issue of the number 70 and why many Christians use it..

Mystery Babylon the Great will be a nation that lasts 70 years

This is what the LORD says: “When seventy years are completed for Babylon, I will come to you and fulfill my good promise to bring you back to this place. 11 For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the LORD, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. 12 Then you will call on me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. 13 You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart. 14 I will be found by you,” declares the LORD, “and will bring you back from captivity.[a] I will gather you from all the nations and places where I have banished you,” declares the LORD, “and will bring you back to the place from which I carried you into exile.” (Jeremiah 29:10-14)

This segment of Jeremiah conflicts with the historically accepted 60 year length of Judah’s Babylonian captivity. Could it be that this passage, instead of referring to the length of the upcoming captivity, is instead referring to the duration, the total amount of years, that ancient Babylon would be a superpower? Will it also refer to the amount of years that Mystery Babylon the Great will be a nation?

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 01:12 AM
link   
Behold, I will send and take all the families of the north, saith the LORD, and Nebuchadrezzar the king of Babylon, my servant, and will bring them against this land, and against the inhabitants thereof, and against all these nations round about, and will utterly destroy them, and make them an astonishment, and an hissing, and perpetual desolations. Moreover I will take from them the voice of mirth, and the voice of gladness, the voice of the bridegroom, and the voice of the bride, the sound of the millstones, and the light of the candle. And this whole land shall be a desolation, and an astonishment; and these nations shall serve the king of Babylon seventy years. (Jeremiah 25:9-11)

It seems clear from the context in these two segments that the seventy years applies to Babylon itself, not to the period of time that the people of Judah are to spend in Babylon. In chapter 25 it says that the nations would serve Babylon for 70 years. Again in chapter 29, Jeremiah makes the connection to Babylon by saying that 70 years are “for Babylon”.

So the 70 years refers to the period of Babylonian Empire. When did this start and finish? As alluded to earlier, Babylon was conquered by Cyrus II of Persia in 539 BC. So this is the finish. When was the start? For our purposes, the start would have to be when the other “nations will serve the king of Babylon” (see excerpt from Jeremiah 25 above). The major world power prior to Babylon was Assyria.

“For a good overview of the decline of the Assyrian Empire refer to the Encyclopaedia Britannica (see article in Britannica CD 99: The History of Ancient Mesopotamia: Mesopotamia to the end of the: THE NEO-ASSYRIAN EMPIRE (746-609): Decline of the Assyrian empire). Here it describes how the Assyrian empire, after becoming weakened through civil war, fell to the combined forces of the Medes and the Babylonians, finally being extinguished in 609 BC. In this final battle, the Assyrians and the Egyptians fought side-by-side. Prior to being conquered by the Medes and Babylonians, the Egyptians fought against Judah – and Judah lost. This is the battle where Josiah was killed. The chronology of Judah places this event in 608 BC – but that is close enough to 609 BC when a 1 year margin of error is assumed.” (BibleWorldHistory)

The very name Mystery Babylon the Great implies that this adulterous nation will have many of the same qualities and characteristics of ancient Babylon. Israel became a nation in 1948. 70 years from this would be 2018. Notice, Jeremiah 29:10-14 uses terminology which has previously been used to describe the tribulation-era regathering of both kingdom’s of Israel… “I will gather you from all the nations and places where I have banished you“, meaning that this is also talking about the great regathering of both kingdoms that happens during the tribulation. This passage is stating that when Mystery Babylon the Great’s 70 years are complete then the regathering will begin. Israel was founded in 1948. 70 years from that date would be 2018! Obviously this corresponds to the 2017-2018 date that we came to earlier using the more accurate 60 year Babylonian captivity.

I cover this in detail here:
johnthewitness.wordpress.com...

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 01:52 AM
link   

I don't know how this fits... it just does...

Little Twelve Toes

Aliens with 12 toes! I know, I know... it's funny, yet in all seriousness.

School House Rock

Matthew 7:24

24 “Therefore everyone who hears these words of mine and puts them into practice is like a wise man who built his house on the rock.

Uh oh, that number 24 again...

The song mentions, the Golden Rule, what is that golden rule might you ask?

Matthew 7:12

12 So in everything, do to others what you would have them do to you, for this sums up the Law and the Prophets.

Uh oh, that number 12 again...

In the song it also mentions counting by sixes... playing hide and go seek, and so on...

Matthew 7:6-8

6 “Do not give dogs what is sacred; do not throw your pearls to pigs. If you do, they may trample them under their feet, and turn and tear you to pieces.

Ask, Seek, Knock

7 “Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you.

I thought I'd share that bit, to distract from the monotonous task of proving that numbers carry significance in the bible... especially those that are used in architecture and such. All you have to do is look at all the Gothic Cathedrals, and others... their dimensions, and uses of the numbers 12, 24, 144 and such to figure it out. I'm pretty sure that St. Augustine was obsessed with biblical numbers and constructing buildings that reflect these numbers. There was an entire pbs documentary about this... it's nothing new.

Look... God 'is in the numbers', there's a reason for these particular numbers to be used, their relationships to one another and nature. Not just nature, but the over all 'pattern of the universe'. I could make a shape right now with 12 sides, that is rooted in fractal geometry and is at the foundation for many structures that we see in nature... it's all about reiteration, the second reiteration specifically, such as the Koch Snowflake and such... then we wonder what Solomon's seal and the star of david is all about. Gods grand altar on earth... as is above so is below nonsense.

Maybe worth checking out...not all that informative, but the OP makes ya think..

The Truth Behind Numbers: Philosophy, Geometry, and Religion?
www.abovetopsecret.com...

The numbers may have been added later on, yet the structure of them seemingly follow a pattern... dependent on book... One that is rooted in sequences and mathematical, linguistic patterns.

By providing the true value of the sacred cubit, one can show that any rebuilt physical temple that does not match those dimensions is not legitimate

EXACTLY!

Couldn't have said it better myself.

Have you read anything about Joseph Smith(mormon founder) and what he had to say about the cubit?
He broke it down into the measuring of mass, volume, and celestial time. Pretty amazing stuff... apparently there are some interesting results that come from using a pendulum, particular weights and such... that correlate with biblical numbers. Which then gives way to the power of the number 1000, kinda hard to explain off the top of my head, I suggest looking it up.

edit on 27-6-2012 by FractalChaos13242017 because: a

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 06:23 AM
link   

The northern Kingdom of Israel, was taken into captivity by the Assyrians in 722 B.C. These Lost Tribes of Israel lost their identity and their religion. They were worshiping Pagan Gods and they did not realize they were Israelites. Yeshua told his apostles to “preach only unto the lost sheep of the house of Israel” (Matthew 10:5-6.) Therefore at the time Yeshua was preaching, these Lost Tribes of Israel, were still lost and still pagan, and only a short while away from converting to Christianity in mass.

The "lost sheep" of Israel is not talking about israeli's turned pagan. The lost sheep are the israeli's who turned judaism into a tradition of men, whose hearts went far away from YHWH. This is why when all the apostles would go to a town they would go to synogogue first, but the jews kept refusing the Word and Christ gave it to Paul later on to give the Word to the gentiles who would recieve it.

The Assyrian Exile scattered the northern tribes all across the earth and many forgot their heritage, many of us are decendants of hebrews and do not even know we are, our records and lineage have been lost across time and space. I think at least 50%, maybe more of the people on the planet are decendants of hebrews (sorry Hitler, you were a long way from succeeding in wiping us out). YHWH said he'd make the seed of David as numerous as the sands of the sea. Christianity may have been created to reach those who would believe, the sleepers waiting to recieve their King upon hearing the Word. This could be what the parable of the wheat and the tares is part of.

Archeaological evidence of Hebrews has been found in the U.S. dating back to around 800 b.c., mainstream science shut it down and covered it up, but many native american tribes were originally hebrews. I think they knew they would forget who they were because they left carvings in hebrew block letters at Ticonderoga, in Georgia and artifacts have been found in native american burial grounds.

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 06:46 AM
link   
I'm glad to see you were called out, you do have an interesting view of prophecy and biblical events. I am not sure if 1948 was the biblical regathering of Israel, the Ultra-orthodox jewish priests are pissing themselves in Israel over the zionist government because they claim the timing is not right according to eschatology because Islam still posesses much of Israel and ofcourse, the temple is not rebuilt. The time of the gentiles is not yet over. The thing about prophecy is, it is set in stone, it's not an IF it is a WHEN. from YHWH's point of view all of this is already over and done with, he is telling us what is already happened, we just haven't caught up to it yet. So, certain events must occur in prophecy before the end and the Gog and Magog invasion is one of them as is the rebuilding of the temple, and that is what is brewing in the M.E. right now.

Egypt is now in the hands of hostile peoples against Israel physically (muslim brotherhood), and spiritually "Egypt" is against the spiritual Israel as well, surrounded by new age, islam, wicca, catholicism and Rome's agenda of pushing ecumenism to recreate the One World Religion Nimrod created at Bab'El, where all religions have the same God. Which is why you see threads where people try to merge Christ with Krishna or Osiris, or YHWH with Brahma or Anu or Ahura Mazda, Allah or "Mother Earth" and the list goes on. We're at the very least in the Time of Sorrows.

new topics

top topics

join