It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Syria in state of war, says Bashar al-Assad

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 07:25 PM
link   

Syria in state of war, says Bashar al-Assad

www.bbc.co.uk

"We live in a real state of war from all angles," President Assad told members of the cabinet who were sworn in on Tuesday.

"When we are in a war, all policies and all sides and all sectors need to be directed at winning this war."
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 07:25 PM
link   
I wonder what gave it away to him??

People have been pussy footing around calling this what it really is for ages - it is a civil war. Not an "uprising", not an "intervention" or any other euphemism.

But whether peole finally call it for what it is doesn't stop the suffering and evil that fascist dictatorship always imposes on people - both when it is "running normally" (should you care to object), and when it crumbles in a bloodbath as the disctator and his cronies fight for their power.

Complain about "western intervention" all you want - but this and other mid-East dictatorships were not good places, and the world will be better off if they do get some sniff, at least, or democracy.

it is better to be honest about it tho' - and at least wait until they start tearing themselves apart from within so it is patently obvious that they will not last (do you hear me Dubyah??!!)

www.bbc.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)
edit on 26-6-2012 by Aloysius the Gaul because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 07:35 PM
link   
Assad is finally realizing there is a war
That implies he is not fairing well.

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 07:48 PM
link   
Just realized it eh?

This shows the man is losing not only his grip on power but of reality.

For the record. I say...

HELL NO!

No US boots on the ground in Syria

I Doubt Obama & Co will pay attention to me but I can try.

edit on 26-6-2012 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 07:56 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

Assad could probably be ran out with a couple of days of air strikes. No reason for boots on the ground in Syria but, it would be nice to have a piece of real state with a runway close to Iran.

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 08:02 PM
link   

May not have boots on the ground but if this report is true then its another
proxy war.

A growing team of United States Central Intelligence Agency personnel is currently in Turkey overseeing a multinational effort to secretly deliver weapons to Syrian anti-government rebels, according to The New York Times. Quoting “American officials and Arab intelligence officers”, the paper said last week that the weapons are being smuggled into Syria primarily through the Turkish border. The financial cost of smuggling into Syria such weapons as antitank explosives, rocket-propelled grenades, and automatic rifles, has so far been covered by the governments of Turkey, Qatar and Saudi Arabia,

intelnews

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 08:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69

Just realized it eh?

This shows the man is losing not only his grip on power but of reality.

For the record. I say...

HELL NO!

I Doubt Obama and co will pay attention to me but I can try.

edit on 26-6-2012 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

To bad you are not Assad's advisor ... You seem smarter than him... Wow

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 08:16 PM
link   
reply to post by samsamm9

OK...

So, Being a second generation dictator supposedly now makes one a genius?
Like he [nor you apparently] couldn't see the writing on the wall after Egypt and Libya.

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 08:40 PM
link   

reply to post by samsamm9

OK...

So, Being a second generation dictator supposedly now makes one a genius?
Like he [nor you apparently] couldn't see the writing on the wall after Egypt and Libya.

Thank god you are here !
Maybe you should be political advisor and stop blogging ... The world needs geniuses like you

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 08:48 PM
link   
I agree 100%. Even one of the rebel leaders today said all they were doing was probing around to see what type of response they would get in Damascus and he said he was surprised by how fiercely the RG defeneded the place. Said now they klnow instead of focusing on the suburbs they need to take the fight to Damascus.

If Assad got ansty over this "probing" today he will #hisbricthes if anything major happened.

Originally posted by redneck13

Assad could probably be ran out with a couple of days of air strikes. No reason for boots on the ground in Syria but, it would be nice to have a piece of real state with a runway close to Iran.

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 08:52 PM
link   

HELL NO!

I hope no one is surprised that you are saying this.

BTW ,Bashar al-Assad is a Tyrant, and a Dictator. His people are dying,and were dying long before civil war broke out.
Proof ? Dead people cant tell you WHY they died under his rule........

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 08:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Aloysius the Gaul

Complain about "western intervention" all you want - but this and other mid-East dictatorships were not good places, and the world will be better off if they do get some sniff, at least, or democracy.

Well done... you seem to be soaking up the propaganda well and regurgitating it effectively.

reply to post by sonnny1

Proof ? Dead people cant tell you WHY they died under his rule........

Same to you sir. Good use of emotion to hide the illogical premise in your argument. Snappy job.
edit on 26/6/2012 by ChaoticOrder because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 08:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by samsamm9
Maybe you should be political advisor and stop blogging ...

I'm doing the same thing you are and that's posting my opinion....

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 09:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by skuly

May not have boots on the ground but if this report is true then its another
proxy war.

A growing team of United States Central Intelligence Agency personnel is currently in Turkey overseeing a multinational effort to secretly deliver weapons to Syrian anti-government rebels, according to The New York Times. Quoting “American officials and Arab intelligence officers”, the paper said last week that the weapons are being smuggled into Syria primarily through the Turkish border. The financial cost of smuggling into Syria such weapons as antitank explosives, rocket-propelled grenades, and automatic rifles, has so far been covered by the governments of Turkey, Qatar and Saudi Arabia,

intelnews

Delivering weapons,and gathering information are two different things,I would imagine......

From NY Times article........

The clandestine intelligence-gathering effort is the most detailed known instance of the limited American support for the military campaign against the Syrian government.

The Obama administration has said it is not providing arms to the rebels, but it has also acknowledged that Syria’s neighbors would do so.

Looks like Syrias neighbors are more involved,then the US .......

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 09:09 PM
link   
THis whole intervention in the middle east thing does seem a bit hypocritical to me. Yeah ok they have dictators in place i.e Iraq, Lybia, Syria etc but when the west gets involved the death toll goes through the roof. A lot of these countries have real ethnic and religious divides ( sunni/shia/ ) and these dictators seem to be manage to keep them from killing each other. When the West steps in either covertly or overtly then the power structures get toppled and the inhabitants get split down religious lines and start blowing each other up.

Also once Assad is wiped out it'll drop out of the news and just like Lybia.

edit on 26-6-2012 by Hopeforeveryone because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 09:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Hopeforeveryone

churn and burn

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 09:16 PM
link   
reply to post by redneck13

Yeah, I'm sure the conspiratorial amongst us will conclude it's all a big scam to keep the middle east in uproar while western countries sneak in for economic and "full spectrum domination" while keeping out Chinese and Russian influence.

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 09:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Hopeforeveryone

I am not interested in dominating any country but if they are interested in war I would rather have them fighting themselves instead of us

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 09:48 PM
link   
Syria is in a state of war?

Wondering what gave it away?

Those whistles, and cracks may not be "fireworks".

Whodda thunk it.

No matter where you go in the world the thing that dicator's and politicians have in common is they are dumb as a box of rocks, and I also agree:

No US BOOT's on the ground in Syria enough American blood has been shed.

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 10:37 PM
link   
"The dictators manage to keep them from killing each other?" Are you freakin serious??? Do you know WHY the dictator is able to do that? ARGH this board and the kids!!!!!!!

Originally posted by Hopeforeveryone
THis whole intervention in the middle east thing does seem a bit hypocritical to me. Yeah ok they have dictators in place i.e Iraq, Lybia, Syria etc but when the west gets involved the death toll goes through the roof. A lot of these countries have real ethnic and religious divides ( sunni/shia/ ) and these dictators seem to be manage to keep them from killing each other. When the West steps in either covertly or overtly then the power structures get toppled and the inhabitants get split down religious lines and start blowing each other up.

Also once Assad is wiped out it'll drop out of the news and just like Lybia.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join