It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do Movies cover up Crimes?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 04:10 PM
link   
Movies are a perfect cover up for Big Crimes..........Just make a movie about your crime and who would dare be a witness to it? Only to get laughed off a national stage accused of watching to many movies.............Think about it!

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 04:20 PM
link   
reply to post by iLoGiCViZiOnS

I know several writers that use writing as a way of keeping themselves from committing crimes. They have the desire and ability to do some pretty scary things, but instead of carrying them out, they write them out, and share the writing, sometimes even publishing the writing, and then they can no longer commit their perfect crimes. It is a catharsis for the desire, and an insurance policy telling them they will get caught if they try.

NOW, as far as covering up a crime, I think there are plenty of copycat killers that have gotten caught trying to do things that were in movies, so I don't think it works too well as a cover up.

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 04:21 PM
link   
Not sure what you are trying to say...

Are you saying the the Filming of a movie would be a good cover to commit a crime, like get the filming permits etc, than stage a real crime?

Or are you saying they are flaunting a successful crime in the plots of movies?

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 04:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by iLoGiCViZiOnS
Movies are a perfect cover up for Big Crimes..........Just make a movie about your crime and who would dare be a witness to it? Only to get laughed off a national stage accused of watching to many movies.............Think about it!

Isn't it usually the other way around? Movies are made about big crimes.

Movies are made to make money. It takes a lot of money, people, hard work, planning, and distribution. You don't "Just make a movie" on a whim. Even small indy movies are extremely costly and difficult to make even though digital production has made filmmaking much easier.

Since 07, I have been a SAG/AFTRA actor, producer, film maker. I'd like to extend an invitation for you to join us and live the dream.

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 04:29 PM
link   
So lets say I've witnessed a big company dumping mass quantities of waste in our oceans....Just an example. They wouldn't need to kill me or my crew they would just need to make a movie about it and perhaps detain me in some way to slow me down long enough for the movie to break with some big named stars. Who would believe me then? Feel me now?

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 04:32 PM
link   
reply to post by iLoGiCViZiOnS

That exact thing happened to This guy.

If you witness a large corporation committing a crime, they won't need a movie set, they'll just destroy you.

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 04:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by iLoGiCViZiOnS
So lets say I've witnessed a big company dumping mass quantities of waste in our oceans....Just an example. They wouldn't need to kill me or my crew they would just need to make a movie about it and perhaps detain me in some way to slow me down long enough for the movie to break with some big named stars. Who would believe me then? Feel me now?

Wouldn't the "mass quantities of waste" corroborate your story? I think it's called "evidence"....

Instead make your own movie about the dumping and become a hero documentary film maker like Sky Sitney or Rachel Grady.

edit on 26-6-2012 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 04:42 PM
link   
Ive give thought to the subject, and may make a full thread about it soon, what the OP means is that;

Say Event A happens and someone want to keep it a secret.
They pay a Hollywood producer to make a movie about said topic, very closely to the truth, but with fiction interwoven.
Now whenever someone mentions said event in a social circumstantial, all attending parties will assume the idea is taken from the movie, no matter the chronological order of events.

Ive seen this happen a few times in modern history, the most clear and recent one i can recollect is :

The 1942 battle of L.A
Where an Unidentified object was spotted moving slowly over L.A. and shot at with full military AA for several hours
Still no official confirmation about what happened.

Now in 2011 the movie "Battle Los Angeles" comes around, with a similar theme, but different.

Now when you search Battle of L.A. you get thousands of results on "Battle Los Angeles" and unless you know what you are looking for, or know the date 1942 and add that in the search, you wont find much on the Battle of L.A.

I presume that is what the OP means, that Hollywood can basically hide an event/crime in plain sight, by making a movie about it, as anyone who then connects a real life plot, with a similar theme/plot to the movie, well people will think you watched the movie to many times.

Or you just drown history with a movie about a similar theme, so people think the movie, is the basis for all theories surrounding the theme, and not the other way around.

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 05:19 PM
link   
reply to post by WiseThinker

Yes that's what I mean........I just gave an example I didn't mean for anybody to take it literally. I look forward to your thread because I feel it deserves more of them.

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 05:51 PM
link   
reply to post by benrl

He is saying....

Person A commits crime.......but it's not known til years later. They make a movie about it or finance a movie about it.

Then if somebody ever tries to find them out , they get ridiculed for watching too many movies.

I'll go out on a limb and say that it has happened at least one time in our countries history.

How often though I'm not sure.

Would be a good tool if future evidence was about to be brought up that could implicate you in a crime.

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 11:06 PM
link   
No they cover up reality.. and discredit it. Movies play on your wildest imaginations to keep you the sheep that you are. Some movies though can tell truth and wake you up but you have to find them... too bad they create movies to discredit those movies too hahahahahahahhahahaha boob

top topics

join