It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NEWS: 30 States Ready to Outlaw Abortion

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 6 2004 @ 05:14 PM
link   
Its funny how most people who support murdering babies. Protest the death penalty.
Strange world.
As a proud American, the right to do with your body, is your right. Abortion, Sex change, Breast Implant(my favorit) are all things, that in some way defines liberty. But I believe no one but the person making these decitions, should have to pay for them. I wish the adoption clinics were 100 times more abundant than Abortion clinics.

:uSave a Baby>>Kill a murdererp:

[edit on 6-10-2004 by snagltooth]

posted on Oct, 6 2004 @ 05:16 PM
link   
As a pro-choice activist I am ashamed to see that once again something is banned by the christian conservatives.

I feel sorry for all the fetuses that will have to grow up in poverty, drug addiction, brutal homes.. futures ruined.

There are more kids up for adoption than there are parents.

Think about the mother and the child before the religious nonsense.

So if your so anti-abortion.. then why don't YOU adopt a child.

[edit on 6-10-2004 by RedOctober90]

[edit on 6-10-2004 by RedOctober90]

posted on Oct, 6 2004 @ 05:28 PM
link   
In my family we have adopted out a baby. Abortion should not be used as birth controle. Its just not right. Thats what has to be taught to our kids. No sex untill ready to have a family, is the only answer. Respect theyself, don't destroy life for a 30 second orgazum

posted on Oct, 6 2004 @ 05:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by snagltooth
As a proud American, the right to do with your body, is your right. [edit on 6-10-2004 by snagltooth]

::Yawn...:: Heard this a million times. I too believe it is your right to do what you wish with your own body... Thats what makes abortion such a controversial issue... There are two bodies involved.

posted on Oct, 6 2004 @ 05:36 PM
link   
And you will continue to here it. Im pro-life. But the right of a woman to make her own choice is hers. Remember the life that is inside her is hers not yours or mine.
Liberty First

Stupidity can be changed

posted on Oct, 6 2004 @ 05:40 PM
link   
A frightening new law recently enacted in Utah:

Despite the warnings of health-care professionals, the Utah Legislature amended the state abortion law to make it a crime to perform an abortion at a hospital that receives state funding, except under certain exemptions. Those do not include fatal deformity of the fetus.

Since then, the real-world implications of the amended law have been realized. A Roy couple whose unborn child had grave deformities and could not live outside the womb could not obtain an abortion at a nearby hospital because of the new restrictions in Utah's abortion law. The couple was told to go elsewhere because Utah hospitals have stopped terminating pregnancies involving doomed fetuses for fear of losing state funding.

Inspite of criticism from those on both sides of the abortion issue - the law has remained in tact and unchallenged.

How cruel is this to make a woman carry a fatally deformed or in some cases adead child and not allowing them to terminate the pregnancy artificially?

Deseret New op/ed

[edit on 10/6/04 by Bleys]

posted on Oct, 6 2004 @ 05:41 PM
link   

And you will continue to here it. Im pro-life. But the right of a woman to make her own choice is hers. Remember the life that is inside her is hers not yours or mine.
Liberty First

Stupidity can be changed

On the contrary, I contend that the life inside her is neither hers, yours, nor mine, but belongs to the one inside her. If you are going to call me stupid, you could at least try to address my argument instead of repeating the same phrase again. Furthermore, you might have spelled "hear" correctly.

Monotony can be changed

[edit on 6-10-2004 by JonestownRed]

posted on Oct, 6 2004 @ 05:46 PM
link   
Queastion? Do pro-Baby killers feel that the tax payer should pay for the abortions.
And I'll bet you that the poor liitle black babies that grow up in fostercare become more productive in life then the dead baby sucked out.
I was born in 65. My mom was 16. Thank god it was not legal then

posted on Oct, 6 2004 @ 05:53 PM
link   
My spelling is erilavent

The life of an unborn child is the mothers. Here joice to kill is wrong. But it is her right.

posted on Oct, 6 2004 @ 06:03 PM
link   

My spelling is erilavent

The life of an unborn child is the mothers. Here joice to kill is wrong. But it is her right.

That is the third time you've made your view known. I understand it, now explain it. This is the last time I'm going to bother.

posted on Oct, 6 2004 @ 06:47 PM
link   
Thats right and yor point is my spellings bad. I will fight for the right to choose. But not support the action. Example. I think a large part of Islam wants to kill me(An American). But I would except my son(12yrs) to grow up and fight for the right to practice there religion. But I well not allow them to kill for there god. Liberty first Stupidity can be changed
Do you get it now.

posted on Oct, 7 2004 @ 07:08 AM
link   
If there are more babies than parents to adopt then why are people put on waiting lists and why do they spend years waiting for a child? Do you realize how many people have to go to different countries to adopt because it takes so long here?!?

The problem is when the kid gets to be 8 months old before the parents give it up- then we have a problem because everyone wants an infant.

Trust me, being a single woman who was pregnant, I know how difficult it can be, but unless you were raped you did do it to yourself. Saying it's not her fault is like shaving your head and saying it's not fair people think you are bald. Well, Duh, you are because that's what you set yourself up for.

I am perfectly fine with people having sex, but regardless of whether you have sex for fun or procreation you have to realize that there can be side effects. And for the record, I hate being called Christian just because I don't think people should use abortions for random birth control, I am a pagan and I am very proud of my beliefs, nor am I republican or would I consider myself pro-life for the record.

We have an epidemic of people who just keep getting abortions because they can't realize they are responsible for their actions. That is the problem, that is what people are trying to prevent- people aren't fighting the lives in danger and rape victims so much.

posted on Oct, 7 2004 @ 11:01 AM
link   
They didn't always do it to themselves. I've known people who used birth control and it failed and they got pregnant. And there are waiting lists because many people want white babies. I used to see people in my old town all the time, protesting in front of abortion clinics, spitting on teenage girls walking in, screaming in their faces that they're evil and murderers. I once thought that if each one of them and all the others in the country like them adopted one or two babies each, there wouldn't be a problem. Then I looked at how they were behaving and figured it might be better if they didn't raise any children after all.

I don't support multiple abortions as birth control. I don't support partial birth abortion or late term abortion. But I do support abortion as a last resort because the other options aren't being taught or pushed enough. I have friends who put their daughter on birth control as soon as she began menstruating. They just didn't want to take any chances. Taught her about condoms and how to use them. And told her that now she was protected, but it didn't mean she should go have sex. They actually talk to her about sex. About her worth as a person and about not letting a boy talk her into it or make her feel obligated to have sex. They told her in no uncertain terms that they didn't want her to have sex until she was an adult. Not "when you're ready" or "if you think you're ready", but "no". They got her involved in activities in school so she'd have something to do besides hang out and look for something to do. They have dinner together every night and talk about what's happened during the day. There are rules and limits, and they're stuck to even if it makes them the bad guys.

Young people need to be given choices and limits. They need to be instructed and encouraged to ask questions. They need honest answers. They need to have healthy self-esteem and not be afraid to make their own welfare come first. They need to understand what peer pressure is and how to combat it. They need to know that everybody's NOT really doing it. They need to know how to say NO when they don't want something, be it sex or drugs. They will only learn how to firmly say no if they see it being done every day by their parents and if they respect their parents enough to abide by it.

posted on Oct, 7 2004 @ 11:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by torque
They didn't always do it to themselves. I've known people who used birth control and it failed and they got pregnant. And there are waiting lists because many people want white babies.

I agree with you I live in the south and i know exactly what you mean I did not wanted to bring this but the truth is that is more babies on one cathegory than in the other one, and taking in consideration that most of the babies in one cathegory are born with depedancies they need lots of health care, and people just want healthy bouncing babies.

posted on Oct, 7 2004 @ 01:43 PM
link   
Exactly. Crack babies come instantly to mind. They have it stacked against them from conception. They're born addicted to crack and have to go through withdrawal. They have other problems that might not make themselves immediately evident and that scares people. They assume white babies won't be any trouble. Not necessarily true, but widely believed.

www.nida.nih.gov... aine4.html

posted on Oct, 7 2004 @ 01:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
that most of the babies in one cathegory are born with depedancies they need lots of health care, and people just want healthy bouncing babies.

marg, I simply cannot believe this....... I agree with you for a change. The number of people open to adopting medicaly challanged babies is ultra small. The issue of crack babies as mentioned before also brings up alot of issues. These kid not only have problems at birth, but as the enter the school system they have social and behavoral issues as well. One kid can really disrupt the entire class.

posted on Oct, 7 2004 @ 02:16 PM
link   
I agree with you, It is just unfortunate that I think most abortions could be avoided, many people have started taking the decision too lightly as a normal thing to do. It shouldn't be. In most cases, you shouldn't come to that point of even making a choice of whether to do it- the unwanted pregnancy shouldn't have happened in the first place.

If most abortions were to save a life, prevent a painful short life or because of rape this would be a completely different issue- most pregnant women aren't victims and maybe we just need to stress to women more the idea that they need to watch out for themselves. Obviously, as a whole, that isn't being done enough.

Young people need to be given choices and limits. They need to be instructed and encouraged to ask questions. They need honest answers. They need to have healthy self-esteem and not be afraid to make their own welfare come first. They need to understand what peer pressure is and how to combat it. They need to know that everybody's NOT really doing it. They need to know how to say NO when they don't want something, be it sex or drugs. They will only learn how to firmly say no if they see it being done every day by their parents and if they respect their parents enough to abide by it.

posted on Oct, 7 2004 @ 04:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by FredT

marg, I simply cannot believe this....... I agree with you for a change. The number of people open to adopting medicaly challanged babies is ultra small. The issue of crack babies as mentioned before also brings up alot of issues. These kid not only have problems at birth, but as the enter the school system they have social and behavoral issues as well. One kid can really disrupt the entire class.

Yes is a different site to the story when a child is born is already here and all we can do is make sure he is provided with what he needs some don't even have that.

I am going to tell you a story I am a teacher when I came to the south I was working with children in elementary school, I was in my classroom (second graders at the time) when the teacher from the classroom across mine came running and told me to come to her classroom because she needed a witness to one of the first grader�s behavior, when I when to her classroom the child was jumping on the other children desks, he was tearing their papers and (it was a lot of littler ones crying) screaming. Finally one of the male coach came and got the child out of the room.

When I ask what was wrong with the boy the teacher told me that he was "a crack baby" but they cannot do anything because he was a "ward of the state" other comments were made but I am not going to bring them on, now as a parent I found that the other children were exposed to the behavior of this child and I though it was unfair, now I happen to see the boy six years later in Junior high, and to my surprise he was living with his grand mama and he was in the special student�s program and he looked happy, and that made my day.

posted on Oct, 7 2004 @ 04:46 PM
link   

Young people need to be given choices and limits. They need to be instructed and encouraged to ask questions. They need honest answers.

I agree with you and I also agree that some women should not even be allowed to have children at all, but that is to the extreem and my personal opinion, usually the ones that should not be having children are the ones that have then often and without discrimination.

posted on Oct, 8 2004 @ 12:00 PM
link   
I agree with this completely. There was a case here where they took a child from a woman and on further investigation found that there were two other children there, very young, not yet walking, who were in terrible shape. Ear infections, "diaper" rash (neglect rash is more like it), sick, scalded. They gave them back to her. Outrage. Sometimes I feel like maybe I'm a bad person because if I were total dictator of the world, the abortion clinics would be less busy, but the sterilization clinics I'd set up would be hopping!

That poor kid. I'm glad he was able to get himself together later on. A lot is elemental but if there's a silly straw in the system due to drug abuse, it's a serious obstacle to a normal life.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join