It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sheriff Joe Arpaio Kicks Lawless Obama's Ass on FOX 06 25 2012

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 06:18 PM
link   
reply to post by captaintyinknots

Thank you. It's more like illustrate absurdity by being absurd, and I find this blind worship of the Sheriff pretty absurd, because the supporters really don't care that he does violate the Constitution and tries to bully other high ranking people, judges and other politicians, into submission. I really don't understand this blind hero worship of him just because he's going after obamamney. Nothing else seems to matter to birthers.

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 06:25 PM
link   
reply to post by InternetGremlin

Except not putting yourself in a position to be arrested is not good enough in Maricopa County. Over the years Arpaio has been accused of abuse of power numerous times. In fact he is currently being sued over abuse of power. Now what is meant by abuse of power is Arpaio is arresting people on malicious and unsubstantiated charges simply because they disagree with him. There's too many cases of this occurring to describe all of them but I will summarize one of the instances. A few years back a newspaper published an article discussing Arpaio's real estate dealings. The MCSO then issued a subpoena requesting all documents associated with the article as well as the IP addresses of every single user that had accessed the newspaper's website since the publication of the article. Two of the newspapers editors were then arrested. When the case finally went before a judge it was immediately thrown out, the special prosecutor was fired, and it was revealed that the subpoenas weren't even properly issued.

Since then the arrested parties have sued the special prosecutor, County Attorney Andrew Thomas, and Arpaio. As was mentioned above the special prosecutor has been fired. Andrew Thomas as been disbarred for an abuse of power and it was stated that if his disbarment hearing were an actual criminal investigation it would have revealed that the problem was much larger than Thomas. And now Arpaio is being sued for abuse of power. Arpaio isn't there to protect and serve the public. He is there to protect and serve his own interests and if someone gets in his way he will find a way to take them out.

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 06:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by BobAthome

sorry for the ticker,, hate,, no,,
crimes are differentiated,, the defence that,, once u have crossed the border illegally,, u committed a crime,,

so, therefore,,,ALL illegal border crossers are drug pushers,,slave runners,,killers,,
thieves,etc,,no one is saying that,,
there a good people as well.
the good people of the STATE Of Arizona are not, the problem.
its those others,,that cant ,,adjust too Life,Liberty,,,and Happiness,,Under God.
Respectfull of Law,, and passionate too,
build,,a State where ,,
guns ya everyones got one,,
20 years on the Force never had too , kill anyone. Becomes common.
used too be a reality.
not that long ago.
that is longing i guess,, not hate.

ABSOLUTELY!!!!!

so, therefore,,,ALL illegal border crossers are drug pushers,,slave runners,,killers,,

IF YOU ENTER ILLEGALLY.. No Holds Barred!
You are going to be LOCKED UP! End of story, period!

It all seems simple to me.. COME HERE LEGALLY!!!

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 06:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by InternetGremlin

Originally posted by captaintyinknots

Do some research for crying out loud. There are dozens of these cases.

And frankly, the idea that, since occupancy is up but funding is not that unconstitutional treatment, not only of prisoners, but of those that are PRE-TRIAL, should be accepted is ludicrous.

PRE-TRIAL. It means they have not been convicted. Which means THEY ARE INNOCENT UNTIL PROVEN GUILTY. Which is where Joe steps across the line the most. ONE DOES NOT HAVE TO PROVE THEIR INNOCENCE IN THIS COUNTRY. It is up to the accuser to prove guilt.

Joe REALLY doesnt like that. Hed rather be judge, jury, and executioner in every single case, innocent or not.

Hey, I totally agree with you!
Jail sucks and is not the place to be innocent or guilty. The trick is NOT GOING THERE TO BEGIN WITH!
One can only hope the innocent have the funds to bail out.
I wonder what the ratio is for innocent people to those found guilty? Were they actually innocent? Just how many 'innocent' people have to endure Arpaio's nightmare?

So, that is the hold up then, Innocent people being locked up in bad (unconstitutional) conditions?
I again fall back to.. DO NOT put yourself in the position of being locked up and if you are, have a fat bank account. Nothing is perfect.

You have not broken my Arpaio love LOL

First, let me quote some things that Arpaio has done that I feel were good:
1) In 2001 he began requiring all inmates 18 and over to register for the selective service, if they had not already done so.
2) Began the "Have a Heart" program where inmates are allowed to register as organ donors.
3) Banned inmates from possessing sexually explicit material.

I am a firm believer in that list of items having a positive impact, and I would support any and all sheriffs that would attempt to do these same things around here.

Now, let me list some various negatives in regards to Arpaio:
1) Tent City conditions. In and of itself, the idea of Tent City is not bad, but the conditions that inmates are subjected to in this Tent City are beyond those that prisoners should be subjected to. Treating them as convicts and inmates is great, but endangering their health is not. I also believe that the Tent City population should be restricted to those that have been convicted of a crime and are serving out there sentence; those awaiting trial should not be there.
2) Refusal to cooperate with authorities in regards to the investigation on him for illegal search and seizure. Arpaio himself noted at a press conference that he would refuse to cooperate with any part of the investigation and would not be turning over any documentation or allowing for any staff interviews related to it. A lawsuit was filed by the federal government and documentation and interviews were eventually conducted.
3) Election law violations by way of using his own re-election campaign coffer to fund a negative campaign against a person in an election, when Arpaio wasnt even taking part in the election himself.

The above items are things which I firmly do NOT believe in. The laws are there for a reason, he needs to obey them just as well as anyone else.

I am sure that Arpaio has taken other positive actions during his terms as sheriff, but it would be awfully difficult to do enough good to outweigh the bad which he has done.

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 06:43 PM
link   

in my best Paul Newman,,," YES Boss. "
cool hand luke,, sorry,, it was an old movie.

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 06:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by 1BornPatriot
reply to post by OutKast Searcher

ok, ready - please insert the articles that are on your side. make your case - I'm waiting... not!~because you dont got one. The Constitution only applies to Citizens of the United States - not Mexicans or any other nationalities - it even states you have to be natural born to be president - the cause of this crap -- we have an illegal servering at the whelm of blackmailers. AKA Federal Reserve or worse Chicago Gangsters. but I dont know anything - can I stick my head back in the sand....

edit on 26-6-2012 by 1BornPatriot because: (no reason given)

According to the constitution what is a natural born citizen?

The only reason Joe is doing this is because his butt has been under investigation since Bush was in office and when he gets busted he will cry it's because Obama's is an illegal.

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 06:55 PM
link   
Another thing I want to bring up is Mesa Hilton. A number of people in this thread have applauded Arpaio for the tough of his jails yet that's not entirely true. There is one facility Arpaio has set up that is actually quite luxurious. The actual name of the facility is the Maricopa County Southeast Jail Facility but has been dubbed by the media as Mesa Hilton due to the number of amenities it contains. So who gets sent to Mesa Hilton? Celebrities and friends of Arpaio. So if Arpaio is all about justice and harsh treatment for criminals why does he have this facility that only houses people who have helped him or could potentially help him?

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 07:04 PM
link   
Say whatever you want about Sheriff Arpaio but in the end, all that matters are what the voters of Maricopa County have to say about him and those voters have spoken for 5 consecutive terms.

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 07:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Juggernog
Say whatever you want about Sheriff Arpaio but in the end, all that matters are what the voters of Maricopa County have to say about him and those voters have spoken for 5 consecutive terms.

Negative, sir. If Arpaio has violated the law in any manner, he should be held accountable, just as anyone else should be. Whether or not his violations result in him being removed, that is a completely different matter.

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 07:23 PM
link   
reply to post by flyswatter

Then they can file a suit with the State Attorney General and let the evidence be shown in court. Until then, its up to the voters.

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 07:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by InternetGremlin

Originally posted by BobAthome

sorry for the ticker,, hate,, no,,
crimes are differentiated,, the defence that,, once u have crossed the border illegally,, u committed a crime,,

there a good people as well.
the good people of the STATE Of Arizona are not, the problem.
its those others,,that cant ,,adjust too Life,Liberty,,,and Happiness,,Under God.
Respectfull of Law,, and passionate too,
build,,a State where ,,
guns ya everyones got one,,
20 years on the Force never had too , kill anyone. Becomes common.
used too be a reality.
not that long ago.
that is longing i guess,, not hate.

ABSOLUTELY!!!!!

IF YOU ENTER ILLEGALLY.. No Holds Barred!
You are going to be LOCKED UP! End of story, period!

It all seems simple to me.. COME HERE LEGALLY!!!

WTF?
This is NOT my response here/above. This post has a BROKEN DOWN quote separated rebut. I am yet to figure out the bracket [[]] quote quote etc. what ever (?) quote stuff to do what was done here.

This is clear to me.. Someone is looking after me?
They altered my post for me and broke it down. VEWY KEWL!

I am such a dummy...

Thank you.. wind beneath my wings hehehehe Who ever you are that did this?

edit on 26-6-2012 by InternetGremlin because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 07:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Juggernog

They're doing that right now. There is currently a suit against Arpaio for abuse of power. I will say though that if any employee had cost their employer as much money as Arpaio has cost the taxpayers of Maricopa County not only would they be fired they would be brought up on charges.

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 07:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Xcalibur254

I will say though that if any employee had cost their employer as much money as Arpaio has cost the taxpayers of Maricopa County not only would they be fired they would be brought up on charges.

If only that worked on all politicians, especially Federal ones, we my not be in the position that were in.

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 09:45 PM
link   
reply to post by 1BornPatriot

Seriously. OutKast is a longtime waterboy for Obama, so there's no real surprise in that response.

Imagine what Obama is capable of doing if his poll numbers start sucking around October. If he thinks he can executive order his agenda into play without Congress, imagine what he's thinking about doing as a hail mary. THAT is what scares me.

He'll be getting his ass handed to him in that case. His own party is starting to bail on him.

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 09:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Xcalibur254

Your talking about obama, right? He seems to be the one thumbing his nose at the constitution. He the president has a sworn duty to defend this country and throws a hissy fit by cutting ties with Arizona and ICE.
www.hstoday.us... s-between-ice-arizona-police-after-supreme-court-ruling.html

For those reasons, DHS announced Monday that it would rescind its 287(g) agreements between US Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) and Arizona state and local law enforcement agencies, effective immediately, to bar them from carrying out federal immigration law. Under the 287(g) program, ICE deputizes state and local authorities to enforce federal immigration laws.

edit on 26-6-2012 by Chance321 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 11:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Chance321

to bar them from carrying out federal immigration law.

but that would be breaking the law???,,if they complied,,,
confusing,,need lawyer,,brain not functioning,, pop,,snap,,crackle,,,
if the first directive,, lol hey people are not robots mr Obama,, lol
edit on 26-6-2012 by BobAthome because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 11:10 PM
link   
reply to post by BobAthome

Yeah, kinda funny. An agency that is supposed to uphold the law is being told to basically ignore Arizona a state in the US . . at least the last time I checked. But then again we did have obama backing the mexican president by agreeing that the Arizona immagration law was too strict and our own government taking Arizona to court for daring to protect their own citizens from the flood of illegals that the federal government refuses to do.

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 01:19 AM
link   
While I am not an Obama supporter, I do know that sheriff Joe is a fraud and criminal himself. The fact that anyone looks up to this guy as having any credibility is beyond me.

Misuse of funds

An analysis by the Maricopa County Office of Management and Budget, completed in April 2011, found Arpaio had misspent almost $100 million over the previous 5 years.

The analysis also showed a number of inappropriate spending items, including a trip to Alaska where deputies stayed at a fishing resort, and trips to Disneyland.[86][88]

Arpaio used the detention fund to pay for investigations of political rivals, and activities involving his human-smuggling unit.[85][86]

Separate investigations by The Arizona Republic uncovered widespread abuse of public funds and county policies by Arpaio's office, including high-ranking employees routinely charging expensive meals and stays at luxury hotels on their county credit cards.[89]

The Republic also found that a restricted jail enhancement fund was improperly used to pay for out-of-state training, a staff party at a local amusement park, and a $456,000 bus, which was purchased by Arpaio in violation of county procurement rules.[85][90]

[85][86][87]

Unconstitutional jail conditions

In an ongoing case, federal judge Neil V. Wake ruled in 2008 and 2010 that the Maricopa County jails violated the constitutional rights of inmates in medical and other care related issues.

Arpaio set up a "Tent City" as an extension of the Maricopa County Jail.[27] Arpaio has described Tent City as a concentration camp.

Federal Judge Neil V. Wake ruled in 2008, and again in 2010, that the Maricopa County jails violated the constitutional rights of inmates in medical and other care related issues.[25][26] This ruling was a result of a lawsuit brought by the ACLU, which alleged that "Arpaio routinely abused pre-trial detainees at Maricopa County Jail by feeding them moldy bread, rotten fruit and other contaminated food, housing them in cells so hot as to endanger their health, denying them care for serious medical and mental health needs and keeping them packed as tightly as sardines in holding cells for days at a time during intake."[48]

[25][26]

Arpaio's success in gaining press coverage with the pink underwear resulted in his extending the use of the color. He introduced pink handcuffs, using the event to promote his book, Sheriff Joe Arpaio, America's Toughest Sheriff.[38]

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 01:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by OutKast Searcher
reply to post by Azadok2day

in my state Massachusetts they can detain you for not having identification and I assure it is the same in all states

No...no they can't.

Massachusettes isn't even a stop and identify state...you don't have to tell a police officer anything in your state if you haven't been arrested.

And there is no State in the nation that requires you to have a piece of documentation for identification...even stop and identify states only require verbal identification.

If I was sheriff joe I would just keep locking them up and start chain gangs cleaning the roads and cities , painting public buildings , paving roads by hand with Manuel labor . They would be quick to say where they are from then after months of free labor to the state .

And when he mistakenly does this to a US citizen that he thinks "looks" illegal...then what???

Um, I hate to interfere, but I personally had experienced the pressure of law enforcement just a few months ago.

It was in Louisiana and we were setting up to do a Festival [straight sales]. I guess because we were near the carnival set up, the local P.D. asked for all of our drivers license and gave us the run around about looking for sexual predators blah, blah, blah. Oh we were insulted, we argued because the way that they made us feel was like if we were criminals. So yeah, we finally showed them our I.D., we really had no choice. And that crap of our rights, didn't mean a damn to them.

Well, that was at Mardi Gras. So in middle May, we do another festival in that area. Same friggin' cops..... we let them have it this time. Finally he looked at me and said you got your I.D ? I said hell yeah, same one from 3 months before. Of course, he didn't like that response. He slipped up and said this time that he was checking to see if any one had any warrants. I said, well, what happened to the sexual predator explanation from before? Sounds like harassment to me... needless to say, he'll probably remember me next time.

I have never been in trouble with the law before but that day I came close to loosing my cool. Actually, we all did.

The point is, if a cop wants to, he can be an azz..... and demand some form of I.D.
Not all cops are bad.... but you do run into one every now and then that's proud of that badge and the power it gives them.

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 01:32 AM
link   

reply to post by mantarey

reply to post by 1BornPatriot

reply to post by Juggernog

reply to post by Chance321

Read my post about him above or click here www.abovetopsecret.com...

Still in love with him? Still think he is a patriot even though he violates the constitution? Steals tax payer money?

Still want him for president? If you do you are a hypocrite and do not care about the constitution.

edit on 27-6-2012 by RealSpoke because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join