It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Corpse on a plane: woman forced to sit next to corpse on flight for 10 hours

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 01:25 PM
link   

Corpse on a plane: woman forced to sit next to corpse on flight for 10 hours

www.examiner.com

Lena Pettersson was on a Kenya Airways flight from Amsterdam to Tanzania when the man in the seat across the aisle starting looking a little suspicious.
“He was sweating and having seizures,” Pettersson, a journalist for Radio Sweden explained. “Air hostesses were there all along, but the plane took off anyway.”
While they were in the air, the fellow passenger expired. Although attempts were made to save the man’s life, including one passenger who even performed a cardiac massage, the passenger died mid-flight.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.upi.com
www.ksee24.com
www.foxnews.com

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 01:25 PM
link   
Ok it says on the article that man was having convulsions before the flight even took off so I don't understand why the plane even took off if the man was obviously sick. The man should have been taken off the plane and taken to an emergency room. That show a certain amount of negligence on the part of the plane staff. Being forced to spend a good amount of time sitting next to a dead guy is no fun either.

www.examiner.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 01:33 PM
link   
so did the lady sue them for forcing her to be in such a dangerous position for even one second?

i mean, the guy DIED.... he could have been sick with anything!

what kind of sickness makes you start getting sweaty, and then suddenly die?

heart attack? maybe. who knows.

if i was on that plane, i don't CARE how many times they said "sir, sir, your going to have to take a seat"

"SIR"

i would refuse to sit down next to someone who was sick dead, or dying.

this is madness.

peace.
edit on 26-6-2012 by SoymilkAlaska because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 01:35 PM
link   
She got $700 (Price of her ticket) in return for sitting next to a dead body. It was also reported 5 hours (not 100% sure though). Either way, its weird. Hope people know that when you die you void your bowels. Thats one smelly
flight...

She also didn't sue them. (At least not yet, but she already got the money).
edit on 26-6-2012 by Vandettas because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 01:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vandettas
She got $700 (Price of her ticket) in return for sitting next to a dead body. It was also reported 5 hours (not 100% sure though). Either way, its weird. Hope people know that when you die you void your bowels. Thats one smelly
flight...

She also didn't sue them. (At least not yet, but she already got the money).
edit on 26-6-2012 by Vandettas because: (no reason given)

$700 says in the article which according to the article was 1/2 the price of her ticket. The airline got off easy in my opinion I would have sued them as soon as I got off the plane.

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 01:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by SoymilkAlaska

heart attack? maybe. who knows.

Heart attack would be my guess. Although I don't know if a heart attack would cause convulsions.

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 01:44 PM
link   
This just shows you how other countries do things as oppose to how coddled and sheltered we are here in America. If this happend here people would be outraged calling for the pilots head, sueing the airline for millions. But in reality here we would have never took off. That plane would have not left the ground until the man received medical attention and was removed from the flight. But other countries do not coddle and shelter their people like we do. Its a different mind set in parts of the world. Not saying that is exactly the case here but this would not have been allowed to happen here without complete outrage.

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 01:46 PM
link   
Would of expected the airlines to give her better compensations for what just happened.
Hostesses should of contacted the pilots that a passenger is having problems before take-off.

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 01:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheTardis
This just shows you how other countries do things as oppose to how coddled and sheltered we are here in America. If this happend here people would be outraged calling for the pilots head, sueing the airline for millions. But in reality here we would have never took off. That plane would have not left the ground until the man received medical attention and was removed from the flight. But other countries do not coddle and shelter their people like we do. Its a different mind set in parts of the world. Not saying that is exactly the case here but this would not have been allowed to happen here without complete outrage.

I see what you're saying and you're right. Other countries do things differently than we do and that's to be expected. Although to me it just seems like common sense, if someone is having convulsions on a plane and it hasn't taken off an ambulance should have been called and the man taken to an ER.

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 01:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by fusionhunter
Would of expected the airlines to give her better compensations for what just happened.
Hostesses should of contacted the pilots that a passenger is having problems before take-off.

As for better compensation well of course + the airline didn't even have the decency to cover the full price of her ticket.

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 02:02 PM
link   
reply to post by TheTardis

This just shows you how other countries do things as oppose to how coddled and sheltered we are here in America.

The correct statement would be "in SOME other countries". I cannot imagine this happening or being tolerated anywhere in Europe either.
And yes, we are coddled and sheltered too.

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 02:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ocelot

Originally posted by fusionhunter

As for better compensation well of course + the airline didn't even have the decency to cover the full price of her ticket.
Yea I was pretty struck when I read it only covered some of it.

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 02:18 PM
link   
Not to be all conspiracy crazy, but maybe he was a disease carrier meant to infect people travelling to different areas via plane so they could in turn infect others in the areas they travel....you know you have ALL seen that in the movies so it HAS to be possible......

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 02:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vasa Croe
Not to be all conspiracy crazy, but maybe he was a disease carrier meant to infect people travelling to different areas via plane so they could in turn infect others in the areas they travel....you know you have ALL seen that in the movies so it HAS to be possible......

LOL. Yeah when I first read the article I have to admit it sounds like a scene from the beginning of one of those movies. Dude looking all sick coughing sweating on a plane before take-off. Tells everyone who asks he's fine. Dies mid-flight then everyone who was on the plane gets infected and a plague starts. Right off a movie script.

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 02:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vasa Croe

LOL. Yeah when I first read the article I have to admit it sounds like a scene from the beginning of one of those movies. Dude looking all sick coughing sweating on a plane before take-off. Tells everyone who asks he's fine. Dies mid-flight then everyone who was on the plane gets infected and a plague starts. Right off a movie script.

BINGO....and we called it here first. Be on the lookout for mysterious deaths ATS!

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 02:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by SoymilkAlaska
so did the lady sue them for forcing her to be in such a dangerous position for even one second?

heart attack?

Yep. Diaphoresis is standard procedure for an MI.

There's not a lot of infectious disease processes that kill you in a few minutes from outset to asystole, so it's not likely he had Ubangi fever or whatever. MI, stroke, AAA, there's several non-infectious things that will kill you that way, but you can't catch them. I agree it was sort of odd they took off with the guy in extremis but there's nothing hideous you'll catch from a corpse in the first ten hours. Especially if it's cool.

At least he won't be getting up to go to the can or elbowing you. And you won't have to be trampled by the guy going for his overhead luggage.

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 02:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vandettas
Hope people know that when you die you void your bowels.

In my experience, dead people often don't. It depends a lot on when they went last, and how they bought it.

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 02:43 PM
link   

Or nobody gets sick, but the people on the ground think there is a plague on the plane and try to shoot it down.

Read "Pandora's Clock" by John Nance.

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 02:43 PM
link   

Well, he only died on one leg of her flight, right? It's not like he died on her round trip.

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 02:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ocelot I don't know if a heart attack would cause convulsions.

It could go a couple of ways. You can die of seizures, because you don't breathe while you're getting after it. If it goes on too long and you've got no-one to deal with it, you can smother.

What's more likely is, he was dead at that point and doing the funky chicken. Once you punch out, your body can do this twitching thing for a half minute or so that looks like convulsions.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join