It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My first post....can anyone tell me what this is?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 09:31 AM
link   
There are a couple UFOs that look like this, and surprisingly they may be the real UFOs, as in being the UFOs piloted by aliens.

Is anyone familiar with the orange UFOs that hovered over cattle pastures in the 70s? These craft are suspicious because they were spotted near Area 51, but what makes them mysterious is that they can grow and change sizes. One of these hovered in Toas emitting a dust from it, they sampled the material and it was organic which lead one scientist to believe that the craft was living. We have heard stories about 'living' metal from outerspace. This craft can grow, literally changing form in the sky. It can seperate and become multiple crafts. They don't appear to be crafts when changing form or seperating but like balls of firey orange liquid. Another thing is is that they can thin out to be like a snake, and change color if the Stephenville video is not a hoax.

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 10:00 AM
link   
reply to post by greyer

Wernt the taos ufos shown to be lenticular clouds?

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 05:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by PlanetXisHERE

Originally posted by dashdespatch
They are usually horizontal but not always.Arizona is well known for lenticular clouds
edit on 26-6-2012 by dashdespatch because: (no reason given)

Sure they may be a few degrees off horizontal - this feature is at 45 degrees or more - please show me a lenticular cloud with that kind of angle.

I don't think you are taking perspective into account.

A lenticular cloud could be horizontal, but could appear to be at an angle depending on the angle the cloud is viewed from.

Here are a few examples:

I also think that it's a lenticular cloud.

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 05:39 PM
link   
reply to post by FantastikNostalgik

very interesting ..

please get you 20 posts so you can start a thread on this..

Oh, glad to hear you joined, through our collective wisdom we can find truth!

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 08:32 AM
link   
reply to post by FireballStorm

Nice pics, but quite different than what the OP posted, his pics have a pretty much an exact disc shape, not just a rough outline.

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 02:58 PM
link   

reply to post by greyer

Wernt the taos ufos shown to be lenticular clouds?

That's pretty funny. I was watching a documentary and it showed a cloud, claiming it to be a UFO with a 'cloud trail' below it. I got annoyed and shut it off immediately.

What I have to say on the subject of Taos is not the strange noises that have been heard, such as noises one would hear from above ground while standing over an alien base existing in the center of a desert mountain. It is not about the flying saucer that emitted a powder over the city after being seen hovering over a cattle pasture. It's that the UFOs of the state Taos is in, were convicted of being involved with the mysterious cattle mutilations of the 1970s by law enforcement of multiple counties in that state during the time.

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 03:21 PM
link   
Was that part of the monsoon that rolled thru yesterday (6/26)? Was shooting from Babat Duag vista at the base of the Catalinas, and can go thru my pics to see if I can find that cloud too.

Same storm:

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 08:49 PM
link   

Nice pics, but quite different than what the OP posted, his pics have a pretty much an exact disc shape, not just a rough outline.

I think you missed the point I tried to make in my post, which was that perspective can cause a lenticular cloud look like it's at any angle.

IE. depending on the position of the photographer, any apparent angle is possible.

The clouds in the examples I posted may not look exactly like the one in the OP's photograph, but they show how a lenticular cloud may appear to slant.

If you take the first example photograph I posted, and imagine you were stood much further back from the scene/clouds being photographed (perhaps 10-20 miles), those same clouds would appear foreshortened due to perspective, and therefore more disc-shaped.

It's also just the nature of lenticular clouds that they can be very close to disc-shaped or an elongated and stretched out disc shape, or anywhere in between.

We see them all the time here. My partner and I were admiring some just a few hours ago.

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 01:13 PM
link   

reply to post by PlanetXisHERE

Its about a third down this page photo dated March 27th 2005 (sorry ive forgotten how to enbed photos!)

www.donaldedavis.com...

ok, that one does look pretty close to it! Thanks

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 01:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by gortex

I experienced one of these noises the other night around midnight while sitting outside observing the sky. It was very loud and almost plane like, but deeper and grumblier that any plane I've ever heard before.

Hi FantastikNostalgik , could you please tell me the day / date you heard this sound .
Thanks .

edit on 26-6-2012 by gortex because: (no reason given)

June 21, 2012 between midnight and 12:30am.

I've seen a lot of military planes doing drills out this late and well into the early hours of the morning, but they're mostly the stealth bombers and other quieter aircraft that don't make as much noise. This one felt like it shook the house and woke the dogs up.

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 01:29 PM
link   

reply to post by FireballStorm

THAT"S why I posted these....the disk shape is what gets me. We get some seriously weird clouds out here on a regular basis, but I've never seen anything like this. The first picture was taken starting at 7:20 in the evening and the last one was taken at 7:24. Usually clouds rapidly change during thunderstorms, but this one seemed to be out in front of the other clouds and didn't change for quite some time until it disappeared. Very strange.

I'm currently heading out to a place without internet for the next several days but when I get back I'll make sure to get the rest of my 20 posts and start this in a different forum :]

posted on Jul, 9 2012 @ 06:54 PM
link   
So now I'm confused.....mod told me to post this in a different forum because it can't be an introduction post, but now the new post is closed and being referred back to this one? haha okkk

posted on Jul, 9 2012 @ 06:55 PM
link   
dude.... that's like..... look at that RAINBOW..... whooooooooaaaaaaaaaaaa.....

and its like, landing on that UFO.....

dude!!!!!!! thats SO BEAUTIFUL WHOAAAAAAAAAAAAA

posted on Jul, 9 2012 @ 07:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by SoymilkAlaska

dude.... that's like..... look at that RAINBOW..... whooooooooaaaaaaaaaaaa.....

and its like, landing on that UFO.....

dude!!!!!!! thats SO BEAUTIFUL WHOAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Right!? It kind of blew my mind. If you look at the last picture carefully it's actually a double rainbow!! DOUBLE RAINBOW, what does it mean???

posted on Jul, 9 2012 @ 07:57 PM
link   

For those interested, the image was taken on 7/17/11 around 7:20pm....from an Iphone4.

Would love to say I got a photo of it as well, but was actually photographing a convention at the El Conquistador that day....wasn't able to photograph the storm. Sorry

edit on 9-7-2012 by gavron because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 9 2012 @ 09:40 PM
link   
Well S & F for the effect
Welcome to ATS from Northwest Ontario Canada
Just make sure you don’t go down too far down the rabbit hole

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 12:23 AM
link   
I dont know what it is, probably just the rainboow going crazy lol...but it kind of looklike what I would Imagine to be a warpgate or something like that

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 06:08 PM
link   
Gavron: I wish I had a better camera at the time, but the pictures turned out pretty good on the iphone anyways lol Too bad you didn't capture it too! I stated earlier it was taken about a year ago, I've just been lurking for awhile before I finally decided to start posting here :]

Trillium: Thank you! But perhaps I've already gone down that rabbit hole lol

Ulrir: Yes! It disappeared about 20 minutes later. It didn't move with the clouds, just warped a bit and faded out. So if it wasn't some cloaking device, a warpgate sounds very plausible!

top topics

<< 1   >>

join