It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"No Fault" for motor vechile accident in ny

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 08:40 PM
link   
Back in October I was in a mva that was caused by a person backing out of their driveway into my car. I ended up with soft tissue damage in the mid-back. I have been in OMT and seeing my doctor for over 4 mionths. I have been perscribed percosets, muscle relaxers, and anti-immflamatory medication. I have had an MRI that said I have disc spacing, which was aggrevated by accident causing muscle spasms and severe back pain. I can't lie down or sit in a couch for longer than 10 minutes without feeling pain, I wake up every morning with pain in my back. I can't pick up my 6 year old daughter to put her in her bed if she falls asleep on the living room couch, I can't sweep or mop, technically I can't drive since I'm on strong medications, and I can't do the things I need to do.
This is where I am mad. The insurance company of the other person who caused the accident believes I didn't suffer enough to be compensated for it. I understand there is jerks out there that abuse the situtation and just want money and that's why it's hard to get a settlement case. So, if me being on strong medications for over 4 months, seeing a muscular-skeletal therapist, and can't even relax on the couch isn't considered worthy of a small compensation, why do we have car insurance to cover this stuff? Is it fair that the jerk backed into me and was considered 100% their fault and now I'm dealing with all this stuff and not get anything in return, but my car fixed?
Has anyone else had a similar experience or live in a "no fault" state, please help me.

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 08:46 PM
link   
insurance companies will always look for every advantage.

and you're easy pickings.

you don't have a lawyer, an agent dealing in your behalf and are pretty much ignorant of insurance and traffic laws.

make some phone calls and find a lawyer to work with little retainer.

i suspect when things start to get serious and the insurance company crunches number on insurance settlements vs court costs and reputation, that you will get an offer to start negotiating with.

it looks like they are using the ignore it long enough it will go away legal strategy.
edit on 25-6-2012 by randomname because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 10:04 PM
link   
Do you not have a lawyer, yet expect to get anything out of it? The reason they're just offering to fix your car is because the every day person that actually gets into an accident wont go through the long process of getting a settlement or a suit against the company if they honestly weren't hurt. If you're honestly in as much pain as you claim, and are going through as much trouble right now as you claim, then you wont have any problem getting a lawyer and getting a settlement or a suit. You have enough evidence, don't let them get away with the low balling, this is gonna affect you for the rest of your life. Get to working with a lawyer as soon as possible because you wont be seeing any compensation for a while, regardless, the sooner the better. It takes years.

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 10:20 PM
link   
Pa is a no fault state ,I had a bad time before in an auto crash , I have the same type of injury, I had put in my insurance " full tort " so I have the option to sue if I'm not happy with any insurance co. I hope you do as well. Good luck

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 02:32 AM
link   
I was involved in a bad motor accident and getting a lawyer made a big difference. Always had trouble with insurance companies in the past cutting short on their payout. It is going to take a long time to process and don't expect much with the first offer when it finally arrives. It took until the third offer until a more reasonable figure started to arrive. Finding a good lawyer familiar with these processes will help a lot.

new topics

top topics

join