It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Today, Egypt became a Muslim Theocracy:

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 03:02 PM
link   
Egyptian President Mohammed Morsi said during his campaign, “The Koran is our constitution, the Prophet is our leader, jihad is our path and death in the name of Allah is our goal.”

www.businessinsider.com...

Fulfilling that promise Morsi at Cairo University spoke to a group of students on Saturday Night. “Today we can establish Sharia law because our nation will acquire well-being only with Islam and Sharia. The Muslim Brothers and the Freedom and Justice Party will be the conductors of these goals,” he said.

It is no secret that Obama has been working very carefully with Moris under the veil of democracy to turn Egypt into a land of terrorism!

Mr. Obama “underscored that the United States will continue to support Egypt’s transition to democracy and stand by the Egyptian people as they fulfill the promise of their revolution,” the White House said in a readout of the call.

www.businessinsider.com...

The Obama Administration has refused to admit that they gave the Muslim Brotherhood of which Morsi is a part of, $1.5 Billion
www.nationalreview.com...#

Interesting ties we are making huh?

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 03:05 PM
link   
A lot of good that cia funded revolution did... S-
+f

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 03:10 PM
link   
I feel like throwing up.

Didn't we learn our lesson with Afghanistan and the Mujahdeen?

Billions spent for sharia law.

Words....fail.

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 03:14 PM
link   
Egypt is run by the military and while the US gives lip service to supporting the elected leader, US aid continues to the military who have complete control of the country. If the election had gone the other way that might not hold true. In this case the US clearly is caught between a democratic goverment that does not support their interests and a miliraty that controls the country that supports US interests. The fact US aid continues to the miltary makes it clear that Obama has chosen pragmatism over idealism.

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 03:16 PM
link   
Sounds like the congress needs to exercise the power of the purse strings and stop sending money to places like this. $1.5 billion to an islamic state while we cut funding to social welfare programs that provide food and shelter to poor citizens... w..t...f... makes me want to vomit.

Well, looks like we are going to give X more billions to Israel for it to protect itself from this new threat.
Wonder what happens when you overdose a laxative and an emetic at the same time....

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 03:23 PM
link   
Oh boy

“Today we can establish Sharia law because our nation will acquire well-being only with Islam and Sharia. The Muslim Brothers and the Freedom and Justice Party will be the conductors of these goals,” he said.

Setup for the next revolution.
awesome.

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 05:00 PM
link   
democracy in action.
People don't seem to get it. Democracy is only as valuable as the candidates it produces. "Taking democracy to the world" seems to have been the MO of the US for some time now... and it just isn't working. Vietnam was a pretty decent example of why democracy doesn't always work, and apparently the lessons weren't learned well enough to avoid a repeat.

Unless, of course, none of this is accidental, and the US knew that each of the states in which they've intervened or fostered dissent would turn to Islamism.

...and if that's the case, then the whole picture in the Middle East just got a lot scarier.

Frankly, I'd love to believe that the answer here is (A); that this is simply history repeating, and that the US were so fixated on removing Gaddafi, Mubarak and friends that they didn't take into account the men who would replace them. Unfortunately... that's a difficult line to hold in the light of the evidence unfolding all across the Middle East.

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 05:03 PM
link   
Leave them to their beliefs, eventually their society will mature and etremism will get less and less. If we continue to oppose their beliefs and values and try to dictate to them what they should believe then they will continue to be extreme in their beliefs. One day they will realise that we are all the same and that it doesn't matter what your next door neighbour believes all that will matter is how much you get along with them and if they invite you to their summer barbequeue

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 05:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Awen24
democracy in action.
People don't seem to get it. Democracy is only as valuable as the candidates it produces. "Taking democracy to the world" seems to have been the MO of the US for some time now... and it just isn't working. Vietnam was a pretty decent example of why democracy doesn't always work, and apparently the lessons weren't learned well enough to avoid a repeat.

Unless, of course, none of this is accidental, and the US knew that each of the states in which they've intervened or fostered dissent would turn to Islamism.

...and if that's the case, then the whole picture in the Middle East just got a lot scarier.

Frankly, I'd love to believe that the answer here is (A); that this is simply history repeating, and that the US were so fixated on removing Gaddafi, Mubarak and friends that they didn't take into account the men who would replace them. Unfortunately... that's a difficult line to hold in the light of the evidence unfolding all across the Middle East.

Its not like the big western democracys are anything to be proud of. The politicians get voted in by lying about what they plan to do and then push through things the people activly oppose. It happens in all the big boy countries, UK, Aus, USA, Canada, Germany and France. Politicians never look after the people that vote for them.

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 05:06 PM
link   
I see this going the way of Turkey. The government can govern but if it tries to implement anything that is radical the military will step in. It's worked there, it may work again.

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 05:13 PM
link   
smacks of Holderism.
hope no MB puts a RPG in a Humvi using Holderism $,,1.5 B that of course is being tracked too make sure it does not provide weapons right,, i mean they already have experience at that sort of thing,,tracking stuff.
how that work out?

edit on 25-6-2012 by BobAthome because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 03:23 AM
link   
Well i had a 2 week holiday booked in Sharm next year. looks like that may be off the cards
Its a shame because out of everywhere ive been sharm has always been my favorite place. I hope they still keep Sharm the way it is now and dont make it go sharia. They make a lot of thier money from tourism so hopefully it should be ok.
edit on 26-6-2012 by Megatronus because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join