It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Only Smart People Can Read This

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 12:11 PM
link   
This was just sent to me, it's a cool exercise to learn more about perspectives, linguistics and ultimately the human mind:

Olny srmat poelpe can raed tihs. I cdnuolt blveiee taht I cluod aulaclty uesdnatnrd waht I was rdanieg. The phaonmneal pweor of the hmuan mnid, aoccdrnig to a rscheearch at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it deosn't mttaer in waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are, the olny iprmoatnt tihng is taht the frist and lsat ltteer be in the rghit pclae. The rset can be a taotl mses and you can sitll raed it wouthit a porbelm. Tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe. Amzanig huh? Yaeh and I awlyas tghuhot slpeling was ipmorantt! If you can raed tihs psas it on!!

I'm thinking this study arose from all those ebonic/shorthand typers on the internet forums. JK

Here is a review about the study: www.mrc-cbu.cam.ac.uk...

Peace

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 12:17 PM
link   
Hahahaha

Well how were you able to read it!!

J/K

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 12:23 PM
link   
reply to post by LifeIsEnergy

It's amazing how our minds can detect patterns.
Very cool.

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 12:27 PM
link   
‎7H15 M3554G3 53RV35 7O PR0V3 H0W 0UR M1ND5 C4N D0 4M4Z1NG 7H1NG5! 1MPR3551V3 7H1NG5! 1N 7H3 B3G1NN1NG 17 WA5 H4RD BU7 N0W, 0N 7H15 LIN3 Y0UR M1ND 1S R34D1NG 17 4U70M471C4LLY W17H0U7 3V3N 7H1NK1NG 4B0U7 17, B3 PROUD! 0NLY C3R741N P30PL3 C4N R3AD 7H15.

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 12:27 PM
link   
This has nothing to do with being smart or not.

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 12:28 PM
link   
And all this time we've been lead to believe that having a good command of the English language is a sign of high intelligence.
I've always known that was a crock because you always have Engineers, Scientists, Accountants,... working alongside people from other countries and cultures, who tend to speak broken English.
These people are able to contribute just as much to their field, if not more, than their English speaking colleagues.
Having good tsk tsk speaking skills is a sign of pseudo intelligence because it only proves one is good at following rules,
...as in the rules of proper English.

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 12:28 PM
link   
reply to post by haven123

Nice, another one. That was a little more difficult though, but still cool.

Thanks!

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 12:31 PM
link   
I like this. S&F.
I saw it brefoe smoheewre and I raed it whoutit pmbroles, ahtlgouh I do not cdeosnir mlseyf smoe gekey guines...

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 12:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by paradox
This has nothing to do with being smart or not.

I wulod arege. It is a cool losesn in pesrpceivte tkaen touhgh!

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 12:47 PM
link   
Wrong, doesn't mean you have a strong mind or that you are smart, those words are thrown around too lightly these days. I have witnessed degenerates able to understand mixed around words as long as the first and last letter are the same, please don't credit yourself with something you don't have, it makes us all look bad.
edit on 25-6-2012 by IronVelvet because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 12:56 PM
link   
reply to post by LifeIsEnergy

˙ɯoɔ[ʇop]uʍopǝpısdnǝdʎʇ oʇ oƃ ʇsnɾ 'sıɥʇ ǝʞıl ǝdʎʇ oʇ ʇuɐʍ noʎ ɟı 'ʍʇq ɥo

˙ǝʞıɯ

'spɹɐƃǝɹ ʇsǝq

˙uı sǝɯoɔ uoıʇɐɯɹoɟuı ɹǝʌǝʇɐɥʍ ssǝɔoɹd spuıɯ ɹno ʍoɥ ʇnoqɐ llɐ s,ʇı ˙ʎlısɐǝ ǝʇınb ʇxǝʇ sıɥʇ pɐǝɹ oʇ ǝlqɐ ǝq plnoɥs noʎ 'os ɹo ǝuıl ɐ ɹǝʇɟɐ 'sı ƃuıɥʇ ʎuunɟ ǝɥʇ puɐ˙˙˙

¡dn ʎɐʍ ʇɥƃıɹ ǝɥʇ sƃuıɥʇ ʍɐs ʎǝɥʇ puɐ "pǝʇsnɾpɐ" suıɐɹq ɹıǝɥʇ ǝlıɥʍ ɐ ɹǝʇɟɐ ʇnq 'uoıʇɐʇuǝıɹo ɥʇıʍ sɯǝlqoɹd pɐɥ ʎǝɥʇ 'ʇsɹıɟ ʇɐ ˙ʍɐs ʎǝɥʇ ƃuıɥʇʎɹǝʌǝ pǝʇɹǝʌuı ʇɐɥʇ sǝssɐlƃ lɐıɔǝds uǝʌıƃ ǝɹǝʍ sɹǝǝʇunloʌ ǝɯos ˙oƃɐ sɹɐǝʎ ǝɯos pɐǝɹ ı ʎpnʇs ɐ ɟo ǝɯ spuıɯǝɹ sıɥʇ
edit on 25/6/12 by JustMike because: ı pǝppɐ ɐ ʞuıl

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 01:26 PM
link   
reply to post by JustMike

i think will will send all my email that way, that way the can stand on there heads to read it.

posted on Aug, 8 2018 @ 05:34 AM
link   
a reply to: JustMike

We think in many ways.... Outstanding
edit on 8-8-2018 by hopenotfeariswhatweneed because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2018 @ 06:05 AM
link   
a reply to: IronVelvet

What exactly qualifies as "degenerate" to you? Serious question.

new topics

top topics

join