It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Your Favorite Cheney Debate Moments?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 5 2004 @ 11:28 PM
link   
Mine is a tie.

Either when Cheney said the first time I ever met you John was tonight?

As media pulled this photo from the archives.

Or when he sent voters to www.factcheck.com...

posted on Oct, 5 2004 @ 11:30 PM
link   
Heh, heh, heh.

Like I asked before...

In today's times, how can someone outright lie to us and believe they will get away with it?

Great find RANT.

posted on Oct, 5 2004 @ 11:30 PM
link   
Ah you beat me to the Factcheck thing RANT...

It's absolutely hilarious that he sent millions to George Soros' website...

[edit on 10/5/2004 by Flinx]

posted on Oct, 5 2004 @ 11:36 PM
link   
The obvious point of that line was that edwards was never there to discuss serious issues. Note how EVERY instance the Left has pulled up to prove that Cheney met Edwards before has pointed to a ceremonial event or group breakfast (or something like that).

Cheney's point was that he never encountered Edwards in a real, work-related situation because edwards is an absentee senator. Photos from group luncheons do not vindicate little Johnnies work record.

posted on Oct, 5 2004 @ 11:36 PM
link   
Please, no spin

He said he never met Edwards before. It was one of the MANY lies he spouted off as if they were truth.

The picture speaks for itself.

posted on Oct, 5 2004 @ 11:37 PM
link   
Seems Mr. Cheney was a bit wrong wasnt he? Interesting, they look like old fishing buddies, they are deep in depth of conversation arent they? Crap Edwards didnt miss ALL the Senate meetings....

posted on Oct, 5 2004 @ 11:49 PM
link   
Is Cheney trying to lose? I didn't realize he supported Soros work so much.

posted on Oct, 6 2004 @ 12:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by RANT
Or when he sent voters to www.factcheck.com...

posted on Oct, 6 2004 @ 12:15 AM
link   

This picture only proves that Cheney and Edwards only crossed paths at a prayer breakfast. Prayer breakfast? Do Democrats pray? Anyway, I'm sure the VP meant having a meaningful exchange. It would be easy to forget being at the same event as 200 other people.

posted on Oct, 6 2004 @ 12:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by GradyPhilpott
What I would like to know is why my thread discussing the debate was snuffed when this one and others are allowed?

Same here m8, seems a bit 'underhanded' doesnt it? Could it be a conspiracy, here at ATS?

I thought that was wrong, this was a simple poll, with answers to be short.

posted on Oct, 6 2004 @ 12:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by W_HAMILTON
Heh, heh, heh.

Like I asked before...

In today's times, how can someone outright lie to us and believe they will get away with it?

Great find RANT.

Kinda reminds you of Kerry, and how he was in Cambodia

You can't have it both ways.

posted on Oct, 6 2004 @ 01:11 AM
link   
Try factcheck.org, you may get a differant result. Although the former was rather humorous.

My favorite moment was when he rubbed Edwards' crappy attendance record in his face. All Edwards could say in response were pathetic sputterings of "distortion".

Or maybe when Cheney pointed out that Edwards neglecting to count Iraqi casualties was very disrespectful.

Or perhaps when he recalled statistics that Kerry was on the opposing side of every conflict since his election to the senate, and that strong talk in debates about "doing the job right" doesn't mean anything at all, except convey a message of dishonesty.

Or when Edwards kept trying to state how great Kerry looked in the debate, how strong and firm, and Cheney shot him in the butt.

posted on Oct, 6 2004 @ 01:46 AM
link   
Another theory on the photo that shows Cheney and Edwards together:

Maybe Cheney just thought Edwards was a page or intern at the time? I mean, does any man write down the name of some boy he sees weaving in and out of a larger meeting? Looking at the picture, Edwards appears to be 21, 20, 19... but certainly not a US Senator. Maybe Cheney just thought he was a really rude office boy?

posted on Oct, 6 2004 @ 02:13 AM
link   
Actually, my favorite part of the debate was during the closing statements:

Cheney said that he and Bush were working to hold accountable the nations that harbor terrorists, and that installing democratically elected governments was the only way to end terrorism and the proliferation of nuclear arms.

Please note the following:

Saudi Arabia has not heard peep one from US foreign policy makers about harboring terrorists.

The majority of the world's nuclear arms are in fact held by Democratically elected governments.

'...Installing Democratically elected governments...'

Wow.

I honestly can't believe the right sometimes, and how often they just sound like bithering morons.

posted on Oct, 6 2004 @ 02:21 AM
link   
For the love of God, are all Bush / Cheney supporters so detached from reality that they can't even acknowledge their "Beloved Leaders" have made a mistake? I heard the debate and Cheney stated this is the first time he had ever met Edwards. It is there on tape, done deal. Undeniable. Yet the Cheney supporters can't accept the truth. I guess if your "Beloved Leader" is a pathological liar then it would follow that you may deny the truth as well or if necessary steal an election.

Search your souls and develop a conscience. Nothing right or moral about your behavior.

posted on Oct, 6 2004 @ 04:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by GradyPhilpott

This picture only proves that Cheney and Edwards only crossed paths at a prayer breakfast. Prayer breakfast? Do Democrats pray? Anyway, I'm sure the VP meant having a meaningful exchange. It would be easy to forget being at the same event as 200 other people.

This just proves how small your heart is!!!

Not only do we pray like Christ taught us, we also help our brothers, help one another, think freedom is personal, try not to judge others who are different and love them.

As for not knowing all 200 at the meeting, how many did he sit next to?, how many is his opponent in a presidential race? How many did he do the bump with??hahaha

Yes we pray. We pray to open the hearts and minds of fear mongering negative hateful people!!!

Yes Grady, I am saying one for you right now!!!

posted on Oct, 6 2004 @ 07:48 AM
link   
My favorite moment was when Cheney said that if you look at Kerry's record for the last 30 years there is nothing that exemplifies a strong leader.

posted on Oct, 6 2004 @ 08:05 AM
link   
my favorite moment came when Cheney told Edwards that even your hometown newspaper has started calling you Senator Gone. Kerry/Edwards have to win, otherwise Edwards is out of the political limelight. He is 40 points behind in his re-election for senate.

posted on Oct, 6 2004 @ 08:09 AM
link   
My fave was when Cheney mentioned that Edwards' Own home newspaper refered to him as "Senator Gone"!!

Ouch!

kix

posted on Oct, 6 2004 @ 08:09 AM
link   
If you look at Bush record for the Past 30 years and then you hand him the presidency...

Man, where do I start....... frightening isnt it?

My favorite moment(s) every time the Magic word (halliburton) was pronounced, seeing Chenney get angry, by the way he NEVER explained NOTHING,NADA about the 7 billion in Iraq.....

[edit on 6-10-2004 by kix]

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join