It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rare Noctilucent Clouds in London

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 02:58 AM
link   
So... if the nanometer water drops form around "dust particles", whats the dust from?

Jet engine pollutants, pollen, volcanic, FUKU (shame), etc. "Plankton of the atmosphere".

Heres a cool time lapse on the same YouTube page. Gives a feel for the way the light fades and the height of the cloud layer.

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 04:09 AM
link   
There is an article on Space Weather regarding this with some good pictures of these noctilucent clouds in Edinburgh.

Yesterday, high above Earth's surface where our planet's atmosphere meets the vacuum of space, a ray of sunlight hit a wispy, rippling bank of icy noctilucent clouds (NLCs). They lit up, glowing electric-blue, producing this apparition over Queensferry, Scotland: "A stitch of 2 images shows the broad extent of the display last night," says photographer Adrian Maricic. "It was bright and vivid, the best of the 2012 noctilucent cloud season so far for us in Scotland!" Normally confined to Arctic latitudes, the intense NLCs of June 25, 2012, dipped all the way down to the south coast of England: "This was my first sighting of 2012," says Pete Lawrence, who photographed the southern edge of the bank from Selsey UK. In recent years, the "habitat" of noctilucent clouds has been expanding. Breaking through the barriers of high-latitude that once kept them bottled up in the Arctic, NLCs have been sighted as far south as Colorado, Virginia, Kansas, and Utah. Here are some examples of sightings in the lower United States. Observing tips: Look west 30 to 60 minutes after sunset when the sun has dipped 6o to 16o below the horizon. If you see luminous blue-white tendrils spreading across the sky, you've probably spotted a noctilucent cloud.

Keep a look out over the next few nights!

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 04:51 AM
link   
I saw these clouds at sunday 11:45 pm from Yorkshire. The clouds were in a north eastern/eastern part of the sky, very bright and spooky. I'm certain the clouds were not in the west. Why should they be in the east? At midnight?

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 05:29 AM
link   
Oh my gosh....I see clouds

Considering the skyline, not quite sure about them being taken at 3am...but considering that music I'd hazard a guess he was off his meds and seeing double rainbows.

edit on 6/26/2012 by Turq1 because: wasn't 100% on if this was his video but was jk op (:

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 05:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Turq1

Considering the skyline, not quite sure about them being taken at 3am...but considering that music I'd hazard a guess he was off his meds and seeing double rainbows.

Read the whole thread before commenting, it's only two pages. You just look silly now. And as someone else on ATS recently said, putting a '
' doesn't automatically make your post funny.
edit on 26-6-2012 by fiftyfifty because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 05:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by fiftyfifty

Originally posted by Turq1

Read the whole thread before commenting, it's only two pages. You just look silly now. And as someone else on ATS recently said, putting a '
' doesn't automatically make your post funny.
edit on 26-6-2012 by fiftyfifty because: (no reason given)

My apologies if I hurt your feelings.

Overall though really nice to see the variety of pictures taken from around the area. Haven't heard anything recently about this happing in the US but would be fun to see.
edit on 6/26/2012 by Turq1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 05:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Turq1

You didn't hurt my feelings, I don't have any.
... now look what you made me do!

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join