It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mom Billed To Clean Street After Son Killed By Drunk Driving Illegal Alien

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+50 more 
posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 07:02 AM
link   
This is SOOOOOO wrong!

Mom billed to clean street after son killed by drunk driving illegal alien

A grieving mother told a South Carolina court Tuesday she was slapped with several bills, including one to clean the street, after her son was killed by a drunken driver last year. WYFF reports Loretta Robinson spoke of the emotional and financial toll her son Justin Walker's death had on her as the driver Anna Gonzales, who is an illegal immigrant, pleaded guilty in the case.

Robinson told the judge she has been unable to work due to the emotional impact of her son's death, and can't pay the bills she keeps receiving from the accident even though her son was not at fault. "I had to pay to have the vehicle towed," she said according to WYFF. "I had to pay for the vehicle removed and to clean up the street from Justin's blood on the ground."

- It wasn't her sons fault. So why is he getting the bills?

- The article doesn't say how old the son was, but if he's 18, why would the mom be made to pay his bills anyways? I can see his 'estate' being billed if he owed something. But not the mom.

- Doesn't tax money pay to clean up the roads from accidents?

- She was billed to clean up her son's blood from the highway. That's just cruel.
Where is common sense?

- The person at fault was a drunk illegal alien with no way to pay for any of the clean up. Yet another example of legal Americans being stuck with a bill in ref. to illegal aliens.

+39 more 
posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 07:16 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

Well they can't bill the illegal alien. That would be unfair!

Pathetic!

edit on 25-6-2012 by beezzer because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 07:20 AM
link   
I don't get the part where she has to pay for cleaning the street - thats part of the streets' maintenance, right?

And you should mention that the driver got 17 years in jail, which is a very hefty punishment in my opinion. BTW: alien or not, he drove a car and killed someone, I wouldn't care if he was an illegal or not if he killed one of my kids, as long as he would have been sentenced.

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 07:20 AM
link   
WTF!!

Its stories like this that makes me seriously question just exactly why America is so messed up.

vvv

+15 more 
posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 07:30 AM
link   

Obama should be billed for his failure to enforce the law and standing in the way of those who try.

edit on 25-6-2012 by Numbers33four because: misread

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 07:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by Numbers33four

Obama should be billed for his failure to enforce the law and standing in the way of those who try.

It is California so it all makes sense now. Was the victim white?
edit on 25-6-2012 by Numbers33four because: (no reason given)

Was Obama driving? Could the accident have happened if the illegal immigrant would have been ON A VISIT? Noooo, it is all the error of a man in Washington. Obviously. How blind must I have been..

*shakes head in despair*

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 07:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by ManFromEurope

Was Obama driving? Could the accident have happened if the illegal immigrant would have been ON A VISIT? Noooo, it is all the error of a man in Washington. Obviously. How blind must I have been..

*shakes head in despair*

Obama does not enforce immigration law. And it is more just to charge him than it is to charge the woman whose son was killed by a drunken illegal alien. But liberals do not understand that.

I shake my head at the stupid liberal judge who is tormenting this women. I suppose he is your hero.

But just to be fair, Bush was at least as bad. This is not about politics. All presidents are controlled by the CFR and it is their goal to slowly destroy America.

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 07:59 AM
link   
Anna Gonzales is a man? That sounds like a female drunk driving not a man. The result is still the same, a senseless death. I don't see how any bills could go to the deceased mother when fault has been established. That's just backwards.

+2 more 
posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 08:23 AM
link   

Obama does not enforce immigration law. .... But just to be fair, Bush was at least as bad.

Obviously, by the status of our wide open borders, ALL the presidents have failed in border security. That being said ... I'm just sickened that this poor woman would get a bill from the government .. a bill to clean her dead sons blood off the street.

1 - it wasn't his fault.
2 - even if it was, why should she have to pay for it?
3 - America is run by idiots without common sense.

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 08:24 AM
link   
Anna Gonzales plead guilty and will be serving 17 years in prison.

I would like to know what South Carolina law makes it legal to charge the victim for this.

This is a state law issue, I'm certain. Not national. And if the drunk driver had been legal, it wouldn't have made ANY difference.
edit on 6/25/2012 by Benevolent Heretic because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 08:36 AM
link   

stupid @$$ system
how can this be justified?

if i had to clean my childs blood from the street i think it would drive me to suicide!
is this what they want to happen?
--- the law is what i say, i dont care anymore for the last 12months i seriously dont give --- about anything anymore
i realy hope we have a huge worldwide catastrophe, something that destroys all governments and legal systems
something that forces the human race back into communities with no phones, tv, internet or luxuries
we need to go back 5,000-10,000 years and stat again
fend for ourselves and hunt, be one with the world and each other
but who cares what i have to say anyway
im just a single man in a world of majority
meh...............rant over

sorry
edit on 26-6-2012 by alien because: (no reason given)

link   

She should sue. A good attorney can make her financially secure thanks to this incident. And the judge should be fired.

link   
reply to post by ManFromEurope

17 years? She will get out in 8, and that mother will never get her son back. Illegal alien or not, drunk driving is inexcusable. I cannot believe they billed her for the clean up, I would have taken that bill to city hall and told someone to shove it up their a$&.

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 08:40 AM
link   

I have knocked over a light pole and a reflector. Both times I was charged. If you blow a tire and mark up the asphalt with your rim they will bill you for that to. Taxes pay for regular maintenance and upkeep not damage.

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 08:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by ManFromEurope

*shakes head in despair*

Obama does not enforce immigration law. And it is more just to charge him than it is to charge the woman whose son was killed by a drunken illegal alien. But liberals do not understand that.

Nooo, you don't mean "liberal", you meant "non-racist" or "person-with-a-brain", as the president has no way to tell any driver on your roads to drive more careful than he already does - there are rules on the street, right? Could have been anyone, not just only an illegal immigrant.

I shake my head at the stupid liberal judge who is tormenting this women. I suppose he is your hero.

Why should some judge be my hero? Are you able to explain that?

Where does it say that the judge wrote those letters? HOW is it even possible that there are laws stating you have to clean up a place where bodily fluids of you or your family members have been lost? What kind of law is THAT?
You should think about that law instead of denouncing your president.

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 08:50 AM
link   
There is no way in hell I would pay a single penny for this. Ruined credit rating, court order, be damned.
The lady lost her son to a drunk driver. Can they rub it in a bit more ?
"Hey, Your son is dead, but we're gonna bill you for the mess he made while dying"
Here's a crazy idea: Bill the stupid drunk who caused it.
Another example of our "Great American Justice System"
edit on 26-6-2012 by alien because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 08:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by lambs to lions
reply to post by ManFromEurope

17 years? She will get out in 8, and that mother will never get her son back. Illegal alien or not, drunk driving is inexcusable. I cannot believe they billed her for the clean up, I would have taken that bill to city hall and told someone to shove it up their a$&.

I agree with you on this, she will not serve her entire LIGHT 17 year sentence. She murdered another human and she only gets 17 years with the possibility of parole she will not serve nearly 17 years. Then she can get out and get back on the tax payer dole.
edit on 25-6-2012 by Doom and Gloom because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 09:02 AM
link   
reply to post by MrStyx

she is a woman

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 09:02 AM
link   
I'd sue for this. This is not justifiable under law, period. I believe it's also unconstitutional because it warrants an unreasonable seizure.

And if I were the judge I'd put the people who slapped those bills on her in jail for any reason I can think of.

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 09:03 AM
link   
reply to post by DAVID64

"Great American In-Justice System"

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join