It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Incredible UFO Bounces Off The Sun 2012 HD

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 12:43 AM
link   
Just for the record , before we get started, that is not my title. I left it the same as the original posters to make it easier for people if they do a search for this to see if it has been posted, and also out of respect.

This is the original posters description of it:

Incredible Object I discovered using SOHO, which seems to show a double ringed shaped object phase into view at the top of the screen, then darting across the Sun before shooting off out of view. Is it an Extraterrestrial craft? or something else, as always you decide. Will post all relevant data in a few days, so even if NASA remove the raw footage, I have the raw SOHO files available to download.

Now some comments are claiming it is ice. I myself find that a big hard to swallow as whatever this thing is is huge. Some say lens flare, perhaps, but it does change direction.

One interesting thing about it to me is that it appears to have a "box" at the center which reminded me a bit of what Getready (sp)? was describing in there recent post from over Missouri.

Anyhow, thought this deserved a ATS lookover and frankly I was a bit surprised it hasnt all ready shown up here yet. What are your speculations as to what it could be?

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 12:59 AM
link   
Looking forward to some ideas as to what it could be.

Nice find

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 01:02 AM
link   
It's just a (space) bug.

Okay now that that's out of the way I'll be honest and have no clue.

I must say that the things people see crashing into the sun is nonsense. Or these spaceships fueling off of the sun.

Do you know how enormous the thing would have to be? And nobody else sees this thing hundreds of times the size of the Earth?

But we know about an asteroid the size of a bus that is going to pass by in a year or so.

Really?

edit on 25-6-2012 by cavalryscout because: (no reason given)

By the way it's pretty obvious it's hitting the camera not the sun.

Again guys think of the size this big bouncy UFO would have to be!!!!

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 01:03 AM
link   
I wonder how Nasa is going to try and explain this one.
thanks for posting it.

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 01:07 AM
link   
is that realy threw SOHO?
looks like its filmed threw a telescope

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 01:08 AM
link   
reply to post by onehuman

That was quite incredible to watch. Not sure what I was seeing though.

How big would something like that be if it is an actual physical object?
Bigger than Neptune or even Uranus I think.

If it was ice and the sun is approximately 5778 K (5505 °C), wouldn't a lot of it melted
coming in toward the sun?

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 01:09 AM
link   
do we have the dates and times of the incident from SOHO? (if it is SOHO)
a source apart from a youtube vid?

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 01:18 AM
link   
reply to post by GezinhoKiko

Im not sure, but this looks like the only data he actually gave further down in his description:

2012:06:05
12:10:00
1day
: stereo A
: SECCHI:
COR1:

Hope that helps
edit on 25/6/12 by onehuman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 01:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by GezinhoKiko
do we have the dates and times of the incident from SOHO? (if it is SOHO)
a source apart from a youtube vid?

yeah this ^^ could be fake, looks like a couple circles to me.

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 01:24 AM
link   

ok so that says Stereo A and not SOHO?
more confusion
i will wait for more accurate info until i comment

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 01:26 AM
link   
I swear on the thread about black triangle on the sun, there was a poster who posted a video showing various visual artifacts on SOHO, and this looks EXACTLY like one of the artifacts! Maybe it was Phage I think, I can't remember.

I'm not saying it IS an artifact, but this looks JUST like an artifact I saw on that thread.

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 01:29 AM
link   
Whatever it was it seemed to skim just into the "atmosphere"? of the sun, and as it did that, the sun gave a bright reaction.
If it was ice, yeah, after apparently skimming that close to the sun there must be some of the original shape/form missing or altered.
thanks for posting this

+3 more 
posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 02:40 AM
link   

It is debris passing in front of the space craft...

stereo.gsfc.nasa.gov...

Look familiar?

And it is the STEREO spacecraft, not SOHO.

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 03:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Chadwickus

thanks chad i knew there was confusion between SOHO and Stereo A

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 08:18 AM
link   
That looks like some sort of glare to me. Maybe noise in the video recording. Several things could have made this happen. I also do not see what you mean by "bounce."

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 08:39 AM
link   

Yeah, that was discussed about 2 weeks ago. I thought it looked great. I didn't have any idea was it was though. Weither it's debree in front of the lens or a craft, it's still pretty neet.

Here's the link to the thread
Thread by Manhater

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 09:09 AM
link   
reply to post by azureskys

How big would something like that be if it is an actual physical object? Bigger than Neptune or even Uranus I think.

That would depend on how far from any "object" is from the camera. The background is filled with stars that appear to be much smaller than Neptune. It's all about proximity.

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 09:23 AM
link   
As much as people are staring at the sun hoping to catch a glimpse of something strange, I am surprised there are not more blind people from over exposer.

In all seriousness now. The Sun is one of the largest and closest astronomical presences that is under constant observation. Granted, because of this constant surveillance the likelihood of catching something anomalous is much greater than if we were not. However, due to the fact that we are viewing a constant recording of our sun when we see something other than a giant burning sphere we jump to wild conclusions.

My first problem is that the anomaly is one of a million obstructions that can occur between the viewing device and the sun. Secondly, if the object was to have bounced off the sun as mentioned and one was to infer the size of the object in relation to sun, It would put its mass similar to that of perhaps a hundred Jupiter’s. That kind of mass would have a drastic effect on our inner solar system due to the increased and chaotic gravitational disruption cause by such an object moving that fast.

I know not, therefore Aliens.

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 11:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by cavalryscout
Do you know how enormous the thing would have to be? And nobody else sees this thing hundreds of times the size of the Earth?
Again guys think of the size this big bouncy UFO would have to be!!!!

It is amazing how many threads we have seen on ATS about UFO's close to sun. Many people fail and forget to relate the size of the sun and the claimed 'UFO' surrounding the sun. It is a simple logic and basic scientific facts. I wonder how old some of our ATS members are
Gosh I love our Education System (sarcasm)

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 11:52 AM
link   
To me it looks like a object with some kind of protection around it. Maybe some kind of magnetosphere, you can clearly see a square object in the center and the wrings look see threw.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join