It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Does life seem surreal to you too?

page: 13
<< 10  11  12   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 01:56 PM
link   
reply to post by daynight42

i feel like this most of the time, i think of it as if it im some kind of a computer game or something, i just ignore it and get on with what needs to be done.

i personally think its some kind of coping mechonism, i know im in a dead end job and probably wont achieve much in my life so my mind makes it seem less real for me, thats my theory anyway

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 01:57 PM
link   
reply to post by WhereAreWe7

You need to start writing to yourself.

Get all of these things down on paper, organize it in the way that makes sense to you. Then, when people ask you questions, you Know What To Say.

Not because you are "right", but because you have thought about it.

See, most people don't actually think for themselves - they hear something from a trusted source and either accept it as truth or deny it as false.

You, though - and most of the people answering this thread - have begun to question and to think.

Maybe there are no right answers, but what matters is that We Asked.

Don't worry about how people label you - people label automatically in an instinctual fear response. Your words scare them, so they automatically dismiss what you say as "crazy".

Also, you definitely need to talk to your partner about these things. If you're planning to spend your life with that person, you'd better make sure the two of you are on the same page about some of these things.

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 02:40 PM
link   
I don't want to fill my response with quotes for 5 different people so i'm just going to do my best to respond to each without the quotes.

daynight - Your response was much needed and actually takes a lot of weight off my shoulders. As i stated earlier i have been an entrepreneur me entire life, for as far back as i can remember (which isn't very long as i am only 20) but i have had an eBay account for 11 years and i guess since i was 9, have been buying stuff off local kids and at school and then reselling on eBay and other various sites for a considerable profit. For the past three years i have adapted to the market, and now sell high end consumer electronics because i KNOW that stuff will sell. I have obtained skills along the way that you can't be taught by someone, but can only gain through experience. I have also worked for a number of small businesses to try and learn as much as possible about them, but i rarely stay somewhere for more than a year because i am under-payed for the work i do and eventually get sick of it. I put up with dumb drama that was all around my in high-school, i generally played a role in that business that was very crucial and did my work better than most of the people that worked there. But because i came into work, did what i was told without talking much to those around me, i was treated differently. I didn't receive the proper raises and benefits that i was promised, and was drug into the drama that i tried so hard to stay out of it. This is the situation literally everywhere i work, and i am no longer going to put myself in that situation. Hopefully within the next year or so i can come up with a good business plan and present it to the correct people that will back me in my ventures.

ottobot - I really like that idea, and i think i will start doing so. I am going to try and get back on a normal sleep schedule in order to have more time for myself to do these sorts of things. I recently began working out again because that is one thing that takes my mind off of everything, and i feel good after doing it. I think keeping a journal of my thoughts would be great.

Fortunately my partner does know a good amount about me, she knows that i am not like most people and i think that is one thing that has made our love so strong. From the beginning she knew that i was realist, and that with every good idea that comes about i will show her the negatives as well as the positives so she knows what to expect. She was not like this at all before and never took into account this aspect of the situation, and as i whole i think it has made her more aware. We think alike, but act differently and because we are so different in how we act it attracts us that much more.

For example, she doesn't do well when under pressure by other people when it comes to work and her family mainly. If something happens at work, she will call me and ask what she should do. 95% of the time i can tell her what to do, and what responses she can expect in return from whomever the conflict is with, and it goes exactly as i say it will. In the beginning she seriously thought i was some sort of physic predicting what is going to happen, but has began to realize that it's just general knowledge. I understand the people in the industry that she works in, and i can figure a general sense of how they will react just judging by their character. I'm not claiming in any way to be better than these people, but i tend to be good at figuring people out ( i just wish i could figure myself out).

Through these experiences i think i have opened her eyes to a lot more, and she better understands who i am as a person. She knows my ambitions in life, and that i have a great will to be the best at whatever i do. So she knows who i am, and what i see, but i don't think she could comprehend the incredibly in depth stuff that i am explaining on here, if that makes sense. Nor would it be the correct time in her life for me to dump my thoughts onto her.

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 09:02 PM
link   

For months ive felt the exact same way my friend. Its as if I stand in the middle of bustling society and yet it all goes silent and a fog comes over my eyes and I become judgemental and just baffled at the lifelessness of others and notice how they all just move their feet to a senseless emotionless rhythm and it drives me insane. I feel there is no hope

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 11:09 PM
link   
As the thread is winding down, I just wanted to thank everyone for their feedback and responses. Typically only a few people reply to threads I make, so I was really surprised with this one that I barely put any time into. It also was amazing that so many people said they have felt that way at times or do on an ongoing basis or at the present. Everyone was very civil and polite, too. This really is what makes this site so unique. I can't think of another site that I could have posted this to and gotten so many genuine responses from people willing to share their own in such personal detail. It really is a comforting feeling.

Wish you all the best, and I hope you what you're looking for.

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 11:47 PM
link   

I thank you for making the thread, because of it i feel a large weight has been somewhat lifted from me. I at least have some goals and things to work towards rather than mindlessly wondering and thinking constantly. It really has eased me a bit, and without you posting this it probably never would've happened. Not only did you find out that you weren't the only one, but all of us that posted found out as well.

My first impression of this site has been a great one, and hopefully more experiences like this to come.

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 07:15 AM
link   
You describe exactly how I feel. Religion, politics, patriotism, money, they all seem useless BS. It feels like there's more important stuff to care about, but I can't put my finger on what it is. The purpose of life seems more than what society says it is.

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 08:45 AM
link   
reply to post by PeaceNLove123

I believe the important stuff are to take care of each other, to live in unity with nature, to fulfill the real goals of why we're here and experience ourselves in every possible dimension we can only think of. Our society is nothing but an illusion, it has disempowered us to a state where life is so narrow that it is concentrated around money and social status, and all of our so called goals, defined by our society, is all related to ego-maniac, me-above-all, be a more successful person, have a better job, have a better car, have a better home. None of it is really us, we only think it is us because of the conditioning from our society.

We are far more greater than society is trying to make us...
"They deem me mad because I will not sell my days for gold;
And I deem them mad because they think my days have a price."
~Kahlil Gibran

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 10:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Shuye

That was very well said Shuye. There are others who feel the same as you and who are trying to change things.

"We live in an advanced variation of feudalism, and nothing more. It is technically impossible for everyone to have their needs met in the current system. The economic game of differential advantage simply isn't designed to allow everyone to live and prosper."

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 04:42 PM
link   

what i think everyone that is feeling like this needs to do is (not to sound immoral or anything of the sort) wake up and smell the coffee.

I've felt like this many times in my life and im still in my twentys. With that being said, there are going to be times where you feel distant from everyone and everything. The best advice i have to begin to cope with this mess is to just take a step back, a nice deep breath, and take a look at yourselves, thats right. Its not only an external problem. Yeah, the world is full of idiots and robot businessmen that take life for granted, but the reality is that they are no better than you or anyone on this earth.

Don't be so harsh on humanity guys. Im being honest, ive been there, through the pain, depression, and the tears. I will fully admit that there were tears dropped as i took a look at everyone that looked so happy and thought to myself, obviously im doing something wrong because im unhappy.

I recently disconnected with some of the most important people of my life that i considered to be friends, i thought i was going to be friends with all of them and be able to sit around and play some scrabble in our early 80's. Thats not really how it works, and it got me thinking....im not even angry. Im grateful for the times we've had in the past, id rather not speak with them or make amends but either way im glad they were there for the ride. I also helped an elderly woman the other day at work, to get her purchase into her car, and while usually i take a tip. I refused and told her that her smile and knowledge of her having a nice day was enough of a tip for me.

so back to my second paragraph, the underlying problem isn't society guys. I hate to stick it like this. You don't have to relate or anything just as you don't have to apply my advice to your own lives. There's nothing wrong with feeling distanced, but there is a bit of sentimental appreciation that you can gap to.

You may be on the path to awakening or ascension and you may not even know it, but don't EVER change who you are to fit into the 'perfect picture' that is provided. We already have enough Eminem's.

posted on Jul, 4 2012 @ 01:56 AM
link   
reply to post by PsyMike91

It's almost like we have to be delusional (in a way) to be happy. I mean, I know facing certain knowledge of world affairs today can be depressing. I think most people are comfortable in that delusional state of mind, covering up 'reality' with the 'reality' presented into their fields of vision and in their ears. They know deep down things are bad, but they keep slathering on icing to make it sweeter, so to speak.

So, I look around me, and it's like I feel so out of touch with everyone else. I can't talk about things from this site with people. Nobody cares. They don't want to hear it. So, I might feel out of touch, but I am in touch with what's going on. It's the other people who can't be bothered. Imagine if most Americans knew how the Fed was formed. An intelligent voting population, now that would be a force to be reckoned with. Instead, we have young people growing up caring less and less. Too much iTunes and not enough studying outside of the so-called 'education' centers. I remember I used to be unconcerned with political matters, but that changed.

Anyway, an aware public would be much appreciated, but I think that would harm their rosy view of the world.

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 02:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by daynight42

I consider it my responsibility to judge the world, including the people in it, if I am to live here.

A cosmic messenger, older and wiser than you or me or any of us (even the E.T.s of this solar system consider Him their "Master") once said something like: "Judge not, lest thee be judged".

Don't judge, or you will be judged.

Judging other people is wrong - you don't know their previous incarnations, their life plan, their Karma, their "story arc" - you have been them once, happily ignorant about things. Would you have liked people to have judged you back then?

Whom of us CAN judge others? Aren't we all just faulty human beings, regardless of how much information about the world we have, or how intelligent we are? We have the same worth as humans. That's what equality is all about.

People of Terra are mostly crazy buffoons, stupid apes, evil monkeys and brutally violent gorillas, but we are still not wise enough to competently judge them. We may hate or despise them (and for good reasons, too), but there are proper judges for everyone. You would want to be judged by a proper judge, "a higher being (than yourself)", someone who can truly know each and every little detail about you and your life down to every single piece of good and bad you have done, wouldn't you? Rather than just some 'dude' who can't even know you superficially, let alone in a deep way?

Don't make yourself the judge, you will only doom yourself that way. Maybe it's a Divine purpose that one planet in the Universe is filled with lunatic, raving idiots who don't even know they voluntarily gave their unalienable rights away for privileges (that can be taken away).. who knows.

Besides, not judging others frees yourself from being a judge.. and freedom is precious.

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 09:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Shoujikina

If someone can teach me something my judging my mistakes, I would much like them to come forward so that I can learn.

It's not about blind adherence to doctrine. It's about learning from our mistakes. If someone can help us do that, with our own contemplation to guide us, then great.

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 10:30 PM
link   
reply to post by silent thunder

The illusions have fallen away, but be careful not to replace them with a conceptual vacuum. The mind has awakened, but the heart must also be fully engaged. Otherwise you are a devil in the hole of your realization.

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 01:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Jakenm

That's just how i feel friend, everyone is so brainwashed by the shopping god,hell it's even given as a hobby nowadays. People working to get the latest settee/car. then the deseigners make a new one,they gotta have that. how can people just keep on the merry go round. Why don't they see the futility of it all.
I too started thinking like you have when i was in my twenties, out in a nightclub suddenly wondering what i am doing there with all the empty shells (bad night).
Anyway i'm in my forties now and was on my own a long time because i didn't want a partner who couldn't see the bigger picture, believe me i tried a few times to play along with how everyone else was. In the end i found it easier being alone, no Ats or like minded people then so for a long time i thought i was an oddball.
My relief on finding Ats was immesurable.
Strange thing is even before ats and after being alone over ten years i met someone as antisocial as i am. It makes all the difference having someone who gets it. So your chances of meeting a girl who thinks like you are high what with Ats and maybe going places where we hang out, I was always at the library or joining groups where i thought deeper thinkers may go.
I finally met my beau when i wasn't conciously looking, so don't settle for someone who can't see beyond the next pair of shoes.

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 01:39 PM
link   

Your opening post really rang a bell with me, i just can't talk to my neighbours or even family about most things you mention. All they want to do is shop, then go to work to replace perfectly good 'things' with one in the latest colour or whatever we are told is fashionable this season. I finally met a partner who sees things the same way and we would rather spend our time walking the dog than shopping.
What keeps people buying into it i don't know, the advertisers have people coming back for more. I hate everything about today, how the car has changed our lives and ruined our countryside in a century or so. I hate how people can do everything faster and go further but never have as much free time as our ancestors had when living in the same village all their life. I don't know how to change things so i just live how i want to,which is hard sometimes when surrounded by people worrying about mundane little things. I am just glad of threads like yours which show me i'm not alone in all this. I feel like i am waiting for someone to come along and say all this so we can all come out of the woodwork but would there be enough of us to make a difference? Great thread.

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 01:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Metaphysician50

There is hope, just do what makes you happy. Material things aren't going to help you but doing what you enjoy will help. Go where you think likeminded people may go, away from the shopping malls and bars. I concentrate on helping animals, the love i get from my dog is worth any amount of human small talk. It can seem hopeless and futile but there seems to be more people who can see the big picture lately, a lot of people seem scared to stop what they are doing and look out of the rat run so you are lucky you can do that. U2u me if u lose hope and i willl try to help.

new topics

top topics

<< 10  11  12   >>

join