It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do Drones Use Targeting Tactics of Subjects by Use of RFID TaG ReAdeRs?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 03:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Murmoshka

thanks for confirmation, ...child's play with today's hobbyist standards and industrial use goes way beyond current conceived perceptions of tracking and targeting!

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 01:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Murmoshka
As a researche of such targeting system I confirm:
YES they DO.

welcome to ATS. Glad you have joined the fray.... :-)

However, I must call BS on your post. No offense intended. You claim to be a researcher of these systems but provide no proof or scientific explanation to back up your claims. As a scientist and engineer who works daily with this technology, I have provided scientific explanations as to why it will NOT WORK which is easily verifiable.

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 07:30 AM
link   
reply to post by CIAGypsy

what are you claiming is the max range for RFID reading and detection...

I am saying, anyone who wants to can scan a town with a drone with numerous paths and patterns flights of an altitude that would scan as it flew and collect data...

Would it need to be 1 meter, 5 meters, or 15 meters or more for distance and scanning range?

...is the question, as we all know it is possible and child can do it...so why you are saying it want work and does not, is really funny to me!

edit on 1-7-2012 by Physic because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 08:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Physic

Physic,

I'm saying it won't work because the cards which house the chips that hold your private data DO NOT contain a power source. They work by being weakly "powered" by a magnetic field that emits from an RFID reader. Because the only "power" is induced current, it does not have the ability to travel more than a few inches at best. You can buy stronger readers which use a larger magnetic field that can read data from a few feet. However, beyond that, it just simply doesn't work without a gigantic, powerful magnetic field. Any magnetic field of that sort would knock out the power grid... I work with this technology every day and have for years. What I am telling you is publicly available if you do simple research on RFID. You will find that your theory just isn't feasible.

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 08:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by CIAGypsy
reply to post by Physic

Physic,

I'm saying it won't work because the cards which house the chips that hold your private data DO NOT contain a power source. They work by being weakly "powered" by a magnetic field that emits from an RFID reader. Because the only "power" is induced current, it does not have the ability to travel more than a few inches at best. You can buy stronger readers which use a larger magnetic field that can read data from a few feet. However, beyond that, it just simply doesn't work without a gigantic, powerful magnetic field. Any magnetic field of that sort would knock out the power grid... I work with this technology every day and have for years. What I am telling you is publicly available if you do simple research on RFID. You will find that your theory just isn't feasible.

LTNS Baby eater

And Yep.. CORRECT . Ive been saying this on ATS since 2007. Id LOVE to see the battery that would power these scary chips indefinitely.. especially ones who have the power to send signal to a drone. Id imagine it would be about the size of a car battery.

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 11:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Advantage

Glad to see someone else who is knowledgeable has chimed in!
Thanks!

RFID cards that are commercially available (credit cards, debit cards, smart cards, etc....) all use passive technology. Nearly all of these are on a 13.56 Mhz frequency that literally needs a reader within 3 cm to pass data. You can get some longer range readers that will extend this to about 3 feet, but anything beyond that MUST have a battery or power source built into the transponder. That alone is just looking at reader distance...

Again, if a drone were going to "spy" on chipped data, it would need access to security keys because of the encryption on smart card technology. Currently, the 3 types of smart card technology that are used commercially are the HiD iCLASS, a compatible MIFARE, or an open source MOCA. MOCA cards are also encryptable. Below is a little blurb about how authentication of security keyes happens. As you can see, this process is highly unlikely through a drone....especially when you consider the enormity of programming "exceptions" it would require to deal with every case type of security key/retailer it could encounter.

Both iCLASS and MIFARE are “contactless smart cards” by definition. When either of the cards is read in their normal functional mode, there is an additional security step. The reader and the card go through a complex mathematic process where they compare security keys carried within both the card and reader. This process is called Mutual Authentication. It ensures that the communication between the card and reader can never be copied and repeated back to the reader. If the key in the reader matches the key in the card, then the reader will extract the binary data format from the card and send it on to the controller. If the keys DO NOT match, the mutual authentication process is terminated and the reader shows no reaction at all.

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 11:46 PM
link   

top topics

<< 1   >>

join