It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Thousands Protest Crazy Sheriff Joe Arpaio

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 08:53 PM
link   
Arpaio has no jurisdiction, right or reason for his bogus investigation. He should be removed from office for treason.

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 08:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Azdraik

Where are they housing the people awaiting trial? Narnia?

I don't have the answers you seek because -- to the best of my knowledge -- Maricopa does not release those stats to the general public. I looked, and they aren't out there.

And sorry -- "assault" is a nebulous legal concept incorporating a RANGE of behaviors and charges from misdemeanor to felony. Those convicted of a class 6 Felony (the lowest kind in AZ) to a class 1 Felony (the highest kind anywhere) are remanded to DOC for processing and housing. It doesn't matter whether you believe it or not.

Those convicted of misdemeanors *DO* serve time in Maricopa County Jail, right along side those awaiting trial. What the breakdown is, I can't say, but BOTH are treated to expired food and mandatory chain-gang participation, at least as of 1995.

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 08:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Azdraik

That's not what is being discussed. We are discussing the 2008 findings, that were then upheld in 2010, regarding the Estrella, Towers, Durango, Lower Buckeye, and Fourth Avenue jails.

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 09:02 PM
link   
Conviction status 2011 Survey of Jails Nationwide:

Convicted 38.9%

Unconvicted 61.1%

We can assume, through extrapolation that roughly 60% of tent cities "inmates" have not been convicted of the crime they are in jail for.

www.bjs.gov...

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 09:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Azdraik

Judge Wake's findings didn't even deal with convicted prisoners. They dealt specifically with pretrial inmates. Here is a newspaper article from Arizona discussing the findings and here is a 2010 article where they discuss that conditions hadn't changed.

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 09:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by 0zzymand0s
reply to post by Azdraik

Where are they housing the people awaiting trial? Narnia?

I don't have the answers you seek because -- to the best of my knowledge -- Maricopa does not release those stats to the general public. I looked, and they aren't out there.

And sorry -- "assault" is a nebulous legal concept incorporating a RANGE of behaviors and charges from misdemeanor to felony. Those convicted of a class 6 Felony (the lowest kind in AZ) to a class 1 Felony (the highest kind anywhere) are remanded to DOC for processing and housing. It doesn't matter whether you believe it or not.

Those convicted of misdemeanors *DO* serve time in Maricopa County Jail, right along side those awaiting trial. What the breakdown is, I can't say, but BOTH are treated to expired food and mandatory chain-gang participation, at least as of 1995.

Correct, but by your own comment "Secondarily they house those convicted of misdemeanor crimes. Convicted felons are processed and sent to STATE prisons to serve their sentences." my brother, convicted of a felony would not of served his time there. You are wrong.

You state non-convicted criminals are held there and work on a chain gang. Ok, where is the proof? That is all I am asking.

Do I agree with tent city? Yes, if you are a convicted criminal I have no sympathy for you. I want to find out about the non-convicted people supposedly being held there. Hence my reason for asking for some supporting evidence.

I have been pointed to a court order that does not specifically mention anything about the "tent city," which is what I would like to know more about.

Are non-convicted being treated in violation of the 8th Amendment? I would bet the answer is yes in every single state. But, if people are going to specify a specific location I would like some substantiating proof. Until then it is nothing but he said she said.

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 09:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by 0zzymand0s
Conviction status 2011 Survey of Jails Nationwide:

Convicted 38.9%

Unconvicted 61.1%

We can assume, through extrapolation that roughly 60% of tent cities "inmates" have not been convicted of the crime they are in jail for.

www.bjs.gov...

So, what you are saying is not anything specific to Arizona. Thank you. Now can we please get the topic changed to something more truthful to the discussion?

Something along the lines of the unconstitutional treatment in jails nationwide? Not just using a narrow beam to point out one incident while turning a blind eye to the true issue?

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 09:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Xcalibur254

Yes I have read through the ruling. Hence I was asking for specific information regarding Tent City as that is what the OP's article was referring to.

The real issue it would seem is not Crazy Sheriff Joe, but the system as a whole. That I believe is very much a issue. I just do not care for demon hunting in any case, especially when it is so much greater then this spectacle that is being played out.

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 12:24 AM
link   

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 04:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by BlueStatePatriot
Crazy sheriff Joe Arpaio who basically shred the civil rights of people in Arizona and who has ties to white supremecist groups in Arizona has become a complete disaster.

Now thousands of people are finally protesting this tryant.

www.huffingtonpost.com...

Starting a New Thread?...Look Here First

AboveTopSecret.com takes pride in making every post count.
Please do not create minimal posts to start your new thread.
If you feel inclined to make the board aware of news, current events,
or important information from other sites
please post one or two paragraphs,
a link to the entire story,
AND your opinion, twist or take on the news item,
as a means to inspire discussion or collaborative research on your subject.

edit on Sun Jun 24 2012 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

That is ok, tool, because hundreds of thousands support him. That is why he always wins by a landslide. Face on it.

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 04:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by CB328
Arpaio has no jurisdiction, right or reason for his bogus investigation. He should be removed from office for treason.

Every citizen has the right to question tyrants. All presidents on both parties have been acting like tyrants. Why don't you pull your head out and see that?

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 04:18 AM
link   

Crazy Joe Arpaio will get Obama a win in Arizona.

All this does is piss of all of us Americans.

Joe Arpaio's MARTIAL LAW and his UNAMERICAN AGENDA

will only help ruin our constitution.

How does indefinite detention of American Citizens help our constitution?

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 06:11 AM
link   

Now thousands of people are finally protesting this tryant.

ty·rant/ˈtīrənt/
Noun:
1.A cruel and oppressive ruler.
2.A person exercising power or control in a cruel, unreasonable, or arbitrary way.

That does NOT descrive Sheriff Joe Arapaio.
He is actually protecting American citizens.
Whereas Obama harms Americans by throwing wide open the borders
and causing economic hardship on us all.

Side note ... I"m wondering how much Obama shills get paid for their daily multi-internet postings.

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 07:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by PsykoOps
Omg Mr Critter. Why dont you post what the Ms. Hill actually said? Oh I get it. You cant do that cause then your whole "obama lawyer admitted forgery" bs. would grumble apart. Instead lets post all the internet blog postings that claim otherwise... That'll work.

I'll help you:

[edit to add] If you watched the whole 3h then feel free to post that part where it's admitted fake and quote it. I dare you.
edit on 24/6/2012 by PsykoOps because: add

Thank you for posting the actual hearing. I do not know why I did not simply do that. I did a search and found 1000's of pages referencing the hearing and grabbed the first one when I should have posted the court hearing as you did.

Despite your condescending statement I thank you for 'helping' me.

It was late and I was getting tired. I suppose next I should post the actual lecture of Arpaio outing the BC and explaining how the cold case posse is "VOLUNTEER" or the shill will keep hammering lies about it costing money *laugh*

They send their mob brainwashed group in to protest, have their owned media film it with the sole purpose of indoctrinating people into thinking Arpaio is a joke on the news. The same principle as a television commercial pounding a jingle into your head. You hear and see it enough and the truth no longer matters because people give in so readily to propaganda.

It is well known when anyone goes after TPTB they slander and roast them by any means they can. They especially love hanging the pedophile noose around those throats if they can not out-right kill (Breitbart) them.

IMO
Arpaio is sticking to the truth and Barry's Puppeteers are going to JFK him if they can't keep hold of the situation.

edit on 25-6-2012 by InternetGremlin because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 07:12 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

It actually describes Arpaio quite well. So far pretty much any public figure in Maricopa County who has spoken out against Arpaio has then been targeted by the MCSO. In fact Arpio is currently up on charges of misuse of power. His partner in crime for many of these politically motivated arrests, former prosecutor Andrew Thomas, was just disbarred in April for bringing unfounded and malicious civil and criminal charges against political opponents.

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 07:15 AM
link   
reply to post by InternetGremlin

The press conference you are referring to took place months ago. The Hawaii trip took place last month. Just recently Arpaio has admitted that the deputy sent to Hawaii and the cost of the trip itself was paid with Maricopa County taxpayer money.

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 07:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Xcalibur254

The press conference you are referring to took place months ago. The Hawaii trip took place last month. Just recently Arpaio has admitted that the deputy sent to Hawaii and the cost of the trip itself was paid with Maricopa County taxpayer money.

After a crime is found to have probable cause it becomes a tax funded operation. The initial investigation was all volunteer.

Have you even watched the complete lecture? Are you still denying Obama's lawyers admitted it was fake?

I just do not get it. How can people not see how Arpaio is correct and Obama is a Fraud? Barry could get on national TV and tell you flat out he is a fraud and I bet many would still not believe it.

Cognitive Dissonance is a B*T*H but, as with all past GOV corruption. Sooner or later you will see the truth. The question is... How long before you wake up?

Look, I wish Obama was legit. I actually liked him at first but, I was smart enough to do some research on him before voting for him. I found out who he was first and have known from the Get-Go what he was about.

He will go down as the biggest JOKE ever in American history and that is a shame.

Arpaio is an American HERO!

Stop giving in to Peer Pressure and stick to your guns "The Truth".

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 07:42 AM
link   

Hawaii is not under the MCSO's jurisidction so sending a deputy there will achieve nothing. This deputy was essentially paid by the people of Maricopa County to take a Hawaiian vacation. Also, Obama's lawyer did not say it was fake. She said that a PDF posted online is not admissible as evidence, which it isn't. How birthers managed to twist that into her stating it was fake is beyond me.

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 08:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Xcalibur254

Hawaii is not under the MCSO's jurisidction so sending a deputy there will achieve nothing. This deputy was essentially paid by the people of Maricopa County to take a Hawaiian vacation. Also, Obama's lawyer did not say it was fake. She said that a PDF posted online is not admissible as evidence, which it isn't. How birthers managed to twist that into her stating it was fake is beyond me.

Lord Lord.. I really do not want to listen to the 3hr hearing again to find her exact quote.. Basically, she said the fact it is fraudulent means it can not be used against him. Legal Mumbo-Jumbo if I've ever heard it!

You MUST BE getting paid or something. It is obvious you have an agenda here because Arpaio followed the rules perfectly. The ONLY reason he even investigated the BC was because so many of his "TAX PAYING" voters rallied for him to do so. He wanted to prove Obama was legit but, when the evidence took him else where, he followed it to the end.

Do you not understand the amount of money and corruption at work here. Think for one second, "What if he is right?' What would you feel then? Would you feel embarrassed you fell for the slander and lies?

When a crime is found to have 'probable cause' it become a tax funded OP. Are you aware Bill Clinton was the Original Birther? IMO Hillary got her post via blackmail.

Kicking a dead horse here... I only hope you are getting paid well for supporting such a Marxist Puppet Dictator.
Remember that it is not only Joe Six Pack you will be hurting but, in the long run, your kids and family will suffer eventually for your actions now.
Do you honestly think they (GOV) care about you?

First they came for the communists,
and I didn't speak out because I wasn't a communist.

Then they came for the trade unionists,
and I didn't speak out because I wasn't a trade unionist.

Then they came for the Jews,
and I didn't speak out because I wasn't a Jew.

Then they came for me
and there was no one left to speak out for me.
en.wikipedia.org...
edit on 25-6-2012 by InternetGremlin because: err

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 08:05 AM
link   
reply to post by BlueStatePatriot

"Crazy Sheriff Joe" as you put it is an American Hero,IMO. He is fighting for the rights of the people who are BORN in this country.He does not seem a racist to me.I am not sure how you came to this assumption,but I believe you are mistaken.He has nothing but the safety and freedoms of the people of Arizona in mind.Is he hard on illegal immigrants? Dam right he is.As he ,and every other freedom loving American should be.Those who are born here come first.All others get in line.If they want to come to this country,fine,I welcome them.Provided they do it LEGAL as my ancestors did,over 300 years ago.There is a system in place to help these people.Use it.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join