It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The actual Beast's Mark of the NWO, how it will come in, Satan's last days deceiption (testing you

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 01:15 PM
link   
reply to post by JesuitGarlic

You weren't questioning me....you were slandering and making yourself out as high and mighty. If you aren't going to participate honestly then I am not going to 'participate' in your 'questions'.

BULLS#!

I asked you questions. That is called questioning. I even said "I have some questions". YOU decided to take it as slander and YOU said I'm making myself high and mighty. I even told you they were for your own self-reflection and did not require answers.

But you did answer, by attacking me, and that makes it YOU who should be reported. Posting FOUL.

If you only want to talk about this stuff with other SDA experts, then perhaps you should say so (and do it in your church, not on a public forum). And refrain from putting your imagined meanings on others' clear words.

This thread is in the NWO section. It belongs in the Conspiracies in Religion or Religion Faith Theology forums (or actually, SKUNK WORKS) and you are uninterested in addressing legitimate QUESTIONS about yourself, your motives, your background, and your beliefs. Utter fail. What have you done to give yourself credibility? To earn respect? To be a worthwhile participant in a debate about a major political, global problem? A bunch of copy and pasting, combined with vicious defamation and superstition, and flames against others...from me to the Pope.

Rest assured I will NEVER, EVER have anything to do with anyone from your nut-job cult of quacks. Nasty dissemination of hatred and slander!! And you said I was slandering? What have you done with your thread? Tried to rip to shreds another faith, making someone else the "anti-christ", calling actual living people "the Beast" -- both of which, might I remind you, are mythological beings. Do you just get brownie points for bashing Catholics? Seeing how ugly you can be?

I'm not a Catholic, either, and they are a bad thing ALSO. No worse, no better than any BS religion -- including yours. Ancient fantasies constructed to hurt and control others through fear.
"Participate honestly" my dying fanny. "Serious stuff", is it? It's utter crap. Delusional crap. Beastly, indeed. Just beastly.

Who's all "high and mighty" and "holier-than-thou", who's judging and condemning here? Erm, not me. Serious stuff?Seriously wacky. And pathetic.

edit on 10-7-2012 by wildtimes because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 03:13 PM
link   
reply to post by wildtimes

I have already posted similar information up in the faith and religion section. It was my first couple of threads. This information also belongs in the NWO section as it is the end agenda of the NWO. The whole topic of the NWO links back to what is being said in this thread. It also belongs in the 'Conspiracies in religion' section. The whole NWO thing is related to the cosmic battle between Jesus and Satan. To a Christian it isn't really news but perhaps the topic just pisses you off because it is saying that the Bible needs to be taken seriously (when you reject it) and what is happening was told about in the Bible.

If you think the topic is utter crap then you are saying that Christianity is utter crap and following and loving God is utter crap. Why do I have to do anything to earn credibility or respect, I am a researcher by nature and profession, the Bible speaks for itself? I am merely drawing attention to overlooked areas or the Bible and occult teaching to draw the links. If people aren't happen with the links then they can ask specific questions about the associations made to question it. You don't ask questions about the meat of the topic, you are trying to make the topic about the messenger and the messenger is irrelevant. The truth stands on its own despite the messenger. I am comfortable talking about political and global problems because that is my specialization. I am a researcher specializing in the global-macro hedge fund strategy (meaning I read a crap load of information every day for years and years specifically on global political and economic issues to make investment decisions for fund managers). I am also an avid reader of history, religions, prophecy, NWO, secret societies and just happen to be born into the particular Christian denomination that is the strongest and most accurate in prophecy understanding (as well as being top of my class of every year of primary school and high school). All that means nothing to you because in the end I am saying, 'follow the Word of God' and it is apparent you find that idea abhorrent.

All I have to say is (which nobody here as dared tried to argue their way around),

Hebrews 4:9 There remains therefore a rest [Strong's #4520: sabbatismos] for the people of God.

Definition: a keeping of the Sabbath, a Sabbath rest. source: concordances.org

If you aren't a student of history, the reformation, Christianity, prophecy, secret societies and Jesuit activity of the past 500 odd years, geopolitics and macro-economics then you have to consider whether contributing opinion based on no facts and going after the messenger and not the accuracy of the message is wise.

There is no issue you have here with me, your issue is with God's Word solely. All that anyone was to be aware of from this whole thread is the meaning behind this future controversy over Sabbath and Sunday and what it means to follow one or the other (God does not condemn anyone based on information they aren't away of, so by saying I am condemning anyone does not pass mustard...I am merely informing them what the Bible says and it is up to themselves and the Holy Spirit to have the information speak to their hearts ect).

Leave the thread if you aren't going to make any valuable contributions to the topic at hand and find the issue 'crap and 'delusional'...I am sure others will be happy their reading time isn't taken up and my own time in being prevented from addressing more valuable questions and preventing from reading/researching more valuable material myself. If you are going to continue in your current way then I will simply ignore your posts.

p.s it is my understanding that the blue-laws are still on the books but just left inactive/dormant.

edit on 10-7-2012 by JesuitGarlic because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 03:18 PM
link   

Happily, I will leave the thread. The message is warped.

If you aren't a student of history, the reformation, Christianity, prophecy, secret societies and Jesuit activity of the past 500 odd years, geopolitics and macro-economics then you have to consider whether contributing opinion based on no facts and going after the messenger and not the accuracy of the message is wise.

I am, in fact, a student of history, the reformation, Christianity, and world politics...and I've been studying it at the top my class as well, for more years than you have existed.

The fact is there is no proof of an Anti-Christ, nor a Beast, and all of your theory is pure scriptural speculation based on fantasy. There will be a NWO, yes, because that is where humanity's trajectory is heading. To blame it on some fictitious "Beast" is ridiculous.

But, whatever. Fine. You know everything, you were born to it. I attacked the thread, because it's rubbish. YOU attacked ME for asking you questions. You will be very surprised one day to find you've done a lot of harm here. Well done, you. (Not.)
Consider yourself challenged. This is a biased, ridiculous theory that has nothing to do with reality. If you can't take the criticism, then you didn't know what to expect. ATS is a place for discussion, not ramming religion down people's throats. Don't like being refuted much, eh?

Over and out.
edit on 10-7-2012 by wildtimes because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 03:22 PM
link   
reply to post by wildtimes

The fact is there is no proof of an Anti-Christ, nor a Beast, and all of your theory is pure scriptural speculation based on fantasy.

You obviously overlooked the every first link to evidence from my very first paragraph of the entire thread...
www.remnantofgod.org... - all characteristics of the sea beast outlined and evidenced from history

A person who is a student of the reformation that is disagreeing with who every major protestant reformer said was the the beast of the sea/little horn power...hmmm

edit on 10-7-2012 by JesuitGarlic because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 07:24 PM
link   
I view Revelation as a triumphalistic statement about the victory of Christ...
...addressed in 'code' to seven literal 'churches'.

Where the book of Daniel looked forward to the Lord revealing Himself in Jesus...
...and so was complete historically by the end of the first century...
...John in the 'Revelation of Jesus Christ' looks back to show how...
...all prophetic/apocalyptic hopes were met in Him.

I don't think it was ever intended to be predictive...
...except in the sense that the patterns of God's revelation in the past will continue until the consumation...
...and on this we can have assurance in the present and hope for the future.

I believe both futurism and historicism grew out of an impatience for a perceived delayed parousia...
...and they have and will ultimately fail like all human systems.

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 02:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by troubleshooter
"...it is hard for thee to kick against the pricks." eh JG? (Acts 26:14)

All I can hope is that some seeds were sown that will ripen later. No matter what evidence was shown it didn't matter. It is really sad that God can be so vehemently detested....that people have abused and misrepresented His name and character so much that others feel it warranted or justified.

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 05:38 PM
link   
I will try to get to a few missed questions in the next day or 2.

This is just a quick update to illustrate where we are up to in the rough time line, and what kind of propaganda messages are being fed to the New Agers (by the fallen angels).

This is a recent example of how they are introducing these duped people to welcome in the NWO economic control grid system without them even realizing it.

Hence, we are to ensure that your new governance impresses upon you the need to rethink your perceptions about wealth and prosperity, and the fact that money is merely a transitional tool between your present existence and the new one that is ready to manifest. You will see that money per se is soon to disappear, as new technologies make it possible for all to obtain the basics for a comfortable life.
Sheldan Nidle 7-10-12

Look how subtle the messages are to negatively brand those who are warning others of what is really going on so these New Agers turn-off their brain from listening to anything based on Revelation and end time events. Also notice how they justify getting rid of all the Christians giving such a warning to the world...basically saying they don't deserve to live on the planet. Such mind programming will be used against the Christians when they are pursued and demanded they are whisked away from public vision and put into the 'detention camps' instead for 're-education' (torture to capitulate on following God) or death.

The continuing to play mind games of “catastrophe”, “all is going to he// in a hand basket”, “so and so is the devil, even though they look good on the outside”, “better get your guns ready, because they’re gonna come getcha,” and all things like that, serves no purpose, and will not even work, in this current energy of the planet.

Those who really want to continue those games will not be able to. Anywhere. My best understanding is that they will be whisked off to another world, on their own big, planet-sized, space ship, being rehabbed all the while, until they arrive at their next world.
Salusa 7-9-12

---------
I put it to those that are following this thread that these events are not long in coming now and to prepare yourself spiritually to handle such a severe test of your faith, to know that you will remain faithful to God despite the toughest circumstances arrayed against you.

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 07:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by JesuitGarlic

"...it is hard for thee to kick against the pricks." eh JG? (Acts 26:14)

All I can hope is that some seeds were sown that will ripen later. No matter what evidence was shown it didn't matter. It is really sad that God can be so vehemently detested....that people have abused and misrepresented His name and character so much that others feel it warranted or justified.

I have seen these seeds sown, germinate and grow. They are not from the Spirit of God JG...
...they are from the same source as the New Ages messages you seek for timing the end...
...there is no reliable information from this dimension JG ... you are being deceived big time!

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 10:05 PM
link   
reply to post by troubleshooter

No one can determine the time of the second coming of Jesus, when this probation period closes during the tribulation. But if the historicist approach is taken to Revelation and as it is event-based then what is wrong with JG pointing out the events that are being set in place now for this imposter 'Christ' to come?

He is just pointing out the signs that the opposing camp are giving to show that the deception is near and to be prepared and watchful. That's how I took it anyway!

edit on 11-7-2012 by iESOTERICuEXOTERIC because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 11:21 PM
link   
Well, yeah, and try to get us on his team, right? Isn't that the real point from some of these thumpers? Gain more followers, more money, more power, bigger church?

Some of us would rather follow the Old Ways, the religions before the Church. The ways of the Craft of the Wise beacons many in these dark days, as people all look for answers in an unforgiving world that is quickly destroying herself. Most fail to look in the one place where answers can be found. Within. Not without, within. The quiet voices that speak with love and wisdom.

The trappings, symbols, and Avatars of Christianity mean nothing to me, and have no power for, or against me. I am not your enemy, I am your exposer of secrets and hidden things. I am not here to tear your religion down, but only to show the truth of it. I am not here to demean your Gods/Devils, but to show you the origins thereof.
I keep you on your toes, and keep you thinking.

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 02:43 AM
link   
reply to post by autowrench

Gain more followers, more money, more power, bigger church?

The OP has made his intentions pretty clear already that no particular church saves you, he has mentioned some apostasy creeping into the SDA church from Vatican infiltration attempts, that he isn't interested in 'converting' people to his church, and that you don't need to attend church to keep the Sabbath.

JG thinks these events are very close so he just wants to give information to people before it happens so they are not deceived as it happens. If this interpretation of prophecy is right then no 'money' will be useful to Sabbath-keepers anyway as their possessions are prophesied to be taken from them and they won't be able to buy or sell anything. Your suggestion doesn't seem to mesh with the consistent message at all.

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 05:41 AM
link   

You still hold to the same Soteriology as the Roman Catholics though JG.

How a man is right with God is the error of the Roman Catholics...
...every other error flows from this one...
...and yet you have embraced the same error.

Examine this for yourself by comparing the subtle differences between the Lutheran and Roman Catholic positions outlined here...

www.vatican.va...

Seventh-day Adventists hold the Roman Catholic position on this central doctrine...
...you, Walter Veith and Sadventists have been deceived by this fundamental position.

The historical basis for Adventist doctrine of salvation is steeped in Wesleyanism which is built on from 17th century dutch protestant reformed theologian Jacobus Arminius (1560–1609) and his historic supporters known as the Remonstrants, his theology being known as Arminianism. It is essentially a debate between Wesleyanism versus Calvinism, not whether Adventists are misunderstood to hold Catholic salvation doctrine.

Protestant denominational distinctions
To this day, Methodism and its offshoots (Pentecostals, the Holiness denominations, Charismatics, Seventh-day Adventists and Third Wave Charismatics) along with General Baptists usually subscribe to Arminianism, while Presbyterians, Reformed Churches, Reformed Baptists, and others subscribe to Calvinism. Largely because of its origins in Germany and Scandinavia rather than the British Isles or Holland, Lutheranism was uninvolved in the dispute, and official Lutheran doctrine (as well as, coincidentally enough, Primitive Baptist belief) does not fully support either group, preferring instead its own doctrinal formulations about the relation of human freedom to divine sovereignty. Post-reformation Roman Catholicism, and even more so Eastern Orthodoxy, have remained outside the debate. wiki

Some historical developments of Adventist theology

The date 1888 and the city of Minneapolis, Minn. have become synonymous in Seventh-day Adventist history with the recovery of a marked emphasis on the primacy of justification by faith alone in church doctrinal teaching, growth in personal spirituality and a deepening commitment to Christian service and witness. 1888 and Minneapolis were the date and the place for the emergence of a remarkable revival of what Seventh-day Adventists refer to as the beginning of a genuine and sustained interest in the subject of "righteousness by faith." Arianism, Adventism and Methodism: The Healing of Trinitarian Teaching and Soteriology* by Woodrow Whidden, PhD.

Furthermore, there are some clear strands that have come down to the Seventh-day Adventist theological tradition from the Lutheran, Reformed/Calvinistic, Radical Reformation (Anabaptist), Puritan, Pietistic, and Restorationist Traditions. But I am suggesting that the way Wesleyans understood issues involved with soteriology and the closely related issues of the nature of man, law,[1] and sin were most directly formative for the core of Adventist theology.[2]
Wesley's carefully nuanced expositions of "responsible grace" have certainly provided the more immediate backdrop for the Adventist soteriological developments (heavily mentored by Ellen White). Adventist attempts to hold to a balanced synthesis of law and grace, faith and works, justification and sanctification, have been clearly anticipated and broadly mentored by the teachings of Wesley and his American children. It was such categories which helped to lay the foundations for the very core of Adventist soteriology
Adventist Theology: The Wesleyan Connection

Further materials:
- Adventist Eschatology and Salvation

- 2010 Arminianism Symposium - Andrews University
* Denis Fortin: The Place of Seventh-day Adventism in the Calvinist-Arminian Debate: Historical and Theological Perspectives on the Rise of Arminianism mp3
* George Knight: Seventh-day Adventism, Semi-Pelagianism, and Overlooked Topics in Adventism’s Soteriology: Moving Beyond Missing Links and Toward a More Explicit Understanding mp3
* Kenley Hall: The Great Awakening—Calvinism, Arminianism and Revivalistic Preaching—Homiletical Lessons for Today mp3
* Darius Jankiewicz: Two Visions of God and Male Headship: A Study in Calvinist and Arminian Presuppositions mp3
* Kevin Paulson: “The Glory Which Shall be Revealed in Us”: The Biblical and Historical Roots of Last Generation Theology in the Seventh-day Adventist Church mp3
* Barry Callen: Soteriological Synergism and Its Surrounding Seductions mp3
* Woodrow Whidden: Calvin, Arminius, Wesley and Seventh-day Adventism: Could There Have Been Adventism Without Wesley and Arminius? mp3
* Keith Stanglin: Assurance of Salvation: An Arminian Account mp3
* Joseph Olstad: Universal Legal Justification: A Failed Alternative Between Calvin and Arminius mp3
* Terry Robertson: The Implications of Arminius’ Understanding of the Intellect on the Role of Scholarship in the Mission of the SDA Church mp3

The first three by Fortin, Knight and Hall should be sufficient for most to get to grips with the subject but if you want to pursue the subject more then you'll find good info in the other lectures too

edit on 12-7-2012 by JesuitGarlic because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 09:40 PM
link   

I would really like to know what you think JG...
...I already know what most of the guys you referenced think.

I asked you to consider a contempory declaration...
...and you go rushing back to your denominational corporate roots...
...and bolster it up with spin on 15th century theology.

I would have thought you might have quoted from the document and discussed differences....
...or at least given an answer about your own view from the Pauline letters...
...but all you gave me is this regurgitated corporate religious fluff.

Question: Do you know the Spirit or is he still at the door knocking? (Rev 3:20)

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 08:19 AM
link   

I asked you to consider a contempory declaration...
...and you go rushing back to your denominational corporate roots...
...and bolster it up with spin on 15th century theology.

You also accused Adventists of embracing Roman Catholic Soteriology, then said about 'subtle difference between their respective view of the Gospel of salvation' between Lutherans and Roman Catholics. Well if the differences are subtle generally then why are you so confident of branding Adventist doctrine of salvation, which most closely follows that of John Wesley, as being no better than Roman Catholic.

You are really grasping at straws here to try and shoot down this end-time message about the beast's mark and how Christians can lose their salvation over it if they show their allegiance is to someone other than God.

Most people reading the discussion probably would not know what you are trying to accuse me of here and the differences between doctrines of salvation. That is why I added the table showing the differences between Calvinism, Lutherianism and Arminianism. All are protestant and Arminianism is closest to and is the easiest to be backed up by the Bible. Wesleyanism is a variation on the framework of Arminianism and Adventism is closest to being Wesleyan. If you're going to start accusing Adventist of being Catholic in doctrine then you better start telling that to Methodists, Pentecostals, and General Baptists who hold the same Arminian salvation framework. As a person who isn't 'religious', what are you trying to promote over Wesleyan salvation, is it Calvinism or Lutherianism?

I really don't know how a person can be an Adventist, study Adventist theology and drop it in favor for a framework of understanding salvation that is now at odds with some of the most significant portions of the whole understanding of the Bible. Your 'Once Saved Always Saved' alternate theology now can not explain the rebellion in Heaven and why we are here on this earth in light of free will. It now can not explain Hebrews 10:26-39, Hebrews 12:3-8, Hebrews 4:9, 2 Peter 2:18-22

2 Peter 2:18-22
Deceptions of False Teachers

18 For when they speak great swelling words of vanity, they allure through the lusts of the flesh, through much wantonness, those that were clean escaped from them who live in error.
19 While they promise them liberty, they themselves are the servants of corruption: for of whom a man is overcome, of the same is he brought in bondage.
20 For if after they have escaped the pollutions of the world through the knowledge of the Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ, they are again entangled therein, and overcome, the latter end is worse with them than the beginning.
21 For it had been better for them not to have known the way of righteousness, than, after they have known it, to turn from the holy commandment delivered unto them.
22 But it is happened unto them according to the true proverb, The dog is turned to his own vomit again; and the sow that was washed to her wallowing in the mire.

If people are 'once saved always saved' then why is God saying here that it would have been better is they had never known righteousness than having known it then turned away from it. This passage along with those Hebrews ones destroy 'OSAS' and clearly show God is advocating for 'responsible grace' like John Wesley and Ellen White advocate for.

Your theology can not explain:

If anyone does not remain in me, he is like a branch that is thrown away and withers; such branches are picked up, thrown into the fire and burned. (John 15:6, Matthew 7:19, Matthew 3:10, Luke 3:9)

After being attached to the Vine (God), 'Once Saved Always Saved' theology says that no matter what you do from then on you are still going to Heaven. Well then, what kind of 'life' is God suggesting for you if He cuts you (separates) from Him, says He will throw you in the fire and that it will be worse for you than if you never knew Him? Is there any 'life' outside of God...no, so why do you vouch for this nonsensical alternative?

The main reason you have to throw out the Adventist interpretation of Revelation is not because you can show that the historicist approach is inaccurate (even though it is completely evidenced and backed up fully, and how low a probability occurrence is that) but because the nonsensical theology of OSAS prevents in your mind the possibility of any kind of event that would cause a 'believer' to throw away their salvation. Do you really think that God is going to force someone to live with Him forever if they have now decided they don't want anything to do with God anymore? Does that sound like God's character to you. If your theology can't explain the start of the cosmic conflict, or the end and many portions in between then it is best to choose the theological understanding that is consistent with the Bible all the way through.

The approach by Wesley and White is synergistic, we don't have to have severe 'selective hearing' and conflicting messages that monergism has. Why pick a formula that has perhaps 20% explanatory power now when you already had one that had 95-100% explanatory power, that's what I don't understand with you. To study the 'gospel' and then go backwards in being able to explain it all now

Do you know the Spirit or is he still at the door knocking? (Rev 3:20)

Oh course I know the Spirit. The synergistic approach encompasses all aspects of the gospel, from beginning initial belief, growth, persistence, spiritual maturity, and all nuances in between. OSAS only focuses on the front-end of conversion and basically has to say that sermons, prayer, and growing in God is pointless. The message I am giving here is predominately for a Christian target audience presuming existing belief. The major aspect of what I am saying to them with their existing belief is some things about God and how He wants them to worship Him that they are forgetting/overlooking. 'Once Saved Always Saved' on the other hand has no emphasis needed on showing love or obedience to God now because they are already home and hosed.

There is nothing wrong with the message I am saying here in this thread, as has been evidenced by the fact no one has got close or even attempted to punch a hole into the supporting scriptures at all. The scriptures are clear, your framework for understanding them all now is convoluted. Choose a framework that is less contradictory with the Bible as a whole!

Each of your major criticisms here:
- Sabbath lunar foundation
- Catholic salvation doctrine foundation (which is just disguised advocacy of the extreme alternative of the nonsense theology of 'once saved always saved')
- That SDAs can't explain 31ad calendars ect

They are all explained and refuted. Not only are they explained but your alternative of OSAS is easily refuted while you won't attempt to argue directly against Adventist supporting scriptures which are clear and plentiful. The case isn't falling too well in your favor...
edit on 13-7-2012 by JesuitGarlic because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 09:34 AM
link   

Seventh-day Adventists claim to be the last church before the second advent.

The last church Revelation identifies as Laodicea.

Is the Seventh-day Adventist church Laodicea?

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 07:14 PM
link   
reply to post by autowrench

Derek, I have a question/request...

Using your knowledge of ancient mystery religions and history, would you be able to flesh out at all the meaning of worship on the first day of the week, the day of the sun, and what the meaning of it is to the gods/goddess. Such information would be much appreciated.
edit on 13-7-2012 by JesuitGarlic because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 03:42 AM
link   

Seventh-day Adventists claim to be the last church before the second advent.

The last church Revelation identifies as Laodicea.

Is the Seventh-day Adventist church Laodicea?

Is the Adventist church rich in spiritual knowledge and light, but sits on their hands with the knowledge, is made up on heaps of lukewarm people in faith that have little desire to spread the light they have to others, and do they deserve no commendation from God?

Yes....Adventistism as a whole deserves all the criticisms God gives it in Revelation 3:17.

As the current church represented for this time period though we are also the source of the dissemination of the full and accurate teachings of the light of Jesus now and the source of this important end-times message about the beast's mark and God's mark and seal.

If people want to understand important points in scripture then they are basically going to get no better understanding than that given in Adventism. If people want to see a whole lot of people sitting on their hands having little to no urgency in spreading their knowledge and end-time message then you will see that in most Adventist churches too! HAHA

That is what pisses me off about lots of people I see at church, it is all just a little too 'comfortable' for my liking, they are not active enough or watchful enough given the information that they have. That is their issue they will have to deal with between them and God. I would rather concentrate on being of influence where I can and putting to use what I have learnt for others benefit.

Historicist approach fully evidenced to confirm the matter. I recommend the video to anyone following the thread as there is a lot of good history shared in the video.

207 - Seven Churches
Author: Walter J. Veith
Description: A look at the prophetic interpretation of the seven churches of Revelation 2 & 3. In this video, we are taken on a sweep through the history of the Christian church, from the time of Christ through a time of spiritual declension and apostasy, a time of compromise and to a time of gospel restoration. These chapters set the stage for the unraveling of the great controversy between Christ and Satan.

There is a difference between saying we are the last church to disseminate the true light of God and saying we are currently the remnant church though. There are people in the SDA church that will be shaken out during the tribulation and new people that will come in. Whatever remains will be the 'remnant' people, whether it is called SDA or something else I don't know but it will be teaching its current end-times (3 angels) message based on what I presume would be basic historical Adventist theology.

For those that are 7th day protestants under a different denomination I would imagine that many of the leaders of these churches will side with the beast and those regular church goers will have to decide for themselves where to go. They will probably then amalgamate themselves into some form of Seventh-Day Adventism as this will be the body that remains steadfast in keeping God's commandments as a whole because we'll be the only ones that will have the message of what it means to keep Sunday over Sabbath, its full connotations.
edit on 14-7-2012 by JesuitGarlic because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 04:12 AM
link   
reply to post by On the Edge

Revelation 3:9 talks about the "synagogue of Satan,those who say they are Jews but are not",which to me would describe Zionists. At least for my understanding today in light of what appears to be true.

In reviewing my answer for 'troubleshooter' on 'Laodicea' (the 7 churches) by watching the posted video again the statement of 'synagogue of Satan' was explained in the historical circumstances that it manifest. The 'Jews' in the verse is the term used to describe Christians (followers of God), as the word 'Christian' is never used/found in the bible. The verse is taken to mean that at that particular time in history arose a church (synagogue) that has Satanic practices and the people who run it was an alternative to God's true church people during this time in history aren't really followers of Jesus at all (those who say they are Jews but are not). I am sure you can guess who I am referring to here then!

I will try get to your noahide law question next

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 04:46 AM
link   

...the word 'Christian' is never used/found in the bible.

Another error to add to the pile...

The Greek word for Christian (Χριστιανὸν) appears in the text of Acts 11:26; 26:28 and 1 Peter 4:16.
edit on 14/7/12 by troubleshooter because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 05:21 AM
link   

I stand corrected...You mean the only error (all the others you have shown are?)
Looks like Google search has failed me HAHA

I guess while the sun is shining it is best to make a mountain out of a mole hill

Your correction though is inconsequential to the body of people that John was referring to in that passage...the interpretation is still held to remain the same
edit on 14-7-2012 by JesuitGarlic because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join