It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I believe Cheney WON hands down!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 5 2004 @ 09:39 PM
link   
It was a good debate, but does Edwards have anything where he doesnt have to mention Kerry? I mean Geez...

Did you notice the slip that Edwards made?

He said that he wants ALL Americans to have the same healthcare that Congress has? Just who is going to pay for this? Thats right ALL of us, with a much higher tax burden...

Foreign Policy --- Edwards made no sense, he lost that one bad....

But in retrospect, he did his job by calling Bush evil and that everything is Bush's fault...

This guy doesnt need to be a "HeartBeat" away..........its scary.

posted on Oct, 5 2004 @ 09:45 PM
link   
Oh, oh, oh, edsinger is pulling for cheney. Man and I thought pigs would never fly, lol. I'm just teasing.

Interestingly enough though, check out our national debt and all the money we pour into Iraq. Perhaps, that is where all that potential money is going.

posted on Oct, 5 2004 @ 09:49 PM
link   
No doubt about it, IMHO Cheney won.

Edwards confused me ... one minute he's talking about keeping jobs here the next minute he's saying people should order drugs from Canada. Which one is it?

Jemison

posted on Oct, 5 2004 @ 09:53 PM
link   
I have to say Cheney was the winner no landslide victory but a win anyway you look at. Edwards was nervous and it showed.He fumbled when he spoked was given a simple rule in a question and broke it twice once in his first sentence.

Cheney mentioned Kerrys and Edwards senate record a very good move. This was a major problem for Bush in the first debate he didnt even touch it.Cheney is a good debater very calm and collected.

posted on Oct, 5 2004 @ 09:55 PM
link   
Edwards missed some good ones..

Total costs so far $120B

causulties are 50% Iraqi, that is a very good point Cheney made, Kerry needs to acknowledge this as they are dying for their freedom as well as us....

posted on Oct, 5 2004 @ 09:57 PM
link   
I dunno.... things seemed pretty even.

I'd say like 51-49 or like 52-48 for Cheny. Not because I agree with what he said (for disclosure I'm a democrat) but he did seem just a bit more polished up there.

Edwards needed to deliver or at least hold his own. He held his own, but I don't think anything special came out of the debate. On technical merit it was a much stronger debate than the first Prez one was.

Technically a win, but nothing spectacular.

However, I do admit cheny could have scored more points but seemed like he was holding back. I think the same can be said of Edwards, he seemed like he was trying his best to not sound like a trial lawyer.

posted on Oct, 5 2004 @ 09:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by edsinger
Edwards missed some good ones..

Total costs so far $120B

causulties are 50% Iraqi, that is a very good point Cheney made, Kerry needs to acknowledge this as they are dying for their freedom as well as us....

Hey, I was looking for that, where'd you find it?

posted on Oct, 5 2004 @ 10:01 PM
link   
anyone have any links to a transcript, audio or video of the debate, we didn't see it here in Oz.

posted on Oct, 5 2004 @ 10:01 PM
link   
Pleazeee, this was no landslide win for Cheney. Both he and Edwards appeared informed, relaxed, knew their stuff, made their points and we didnt have to suffer the embarrasment of having either of them act or speak in a way which made us cringe as with the Bush fiasco. I even give Cheney credit for acting human-like, low key
, I dont like the man, however he did a great job presenting his side of the case. And so did Edwards.
We have a draw.

ps: I wont even mention Cheney making hand farts.....its ok...it took the pressure off

posted on Oct, 5 2004 @ 10:03 PM
link   
Quick flash, Fact Check.org agrees with Cheney on American casualty percentage and cost. ( according to ABCnews).

posted on Oct, 5 2004 @ 10:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by mad scientist
anyone have any links to a transcript, audio or video of the debate, we didn't see it here in Oz.

Heres a link to a transcript of the debate

www.foxnews.com...

posted on Oct, 5 2004 @ 10:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jamuhn

Right here:

www.factcheck.org...

posted on Oct, 5 2004 @ 10:09 PM
link   
Keith Olberman articulated what I feel pretty good on his section of hardblogger:

"Overall impact of bout: a marginal victory, on rounds and intangibles, for Vice President Cheney..."

That's what I was tying to get at in my previous post.

posted on Oct, 5 2004 @ 10:09 PM
link   
Wow CNN quick vote has Edwards 79% and Cheney 16% for winning the debate.
Thats shows you how much to the left CNN viewers are.MSNBC had about the same poll results 78 to 21 last time I checked

How can people think that it was a landslide victory for Edwards

[edit on 5-10-2004 by ShadowXIX]

posted on Oct, 5 2004 @ 10:10 PM
link   
Better hope the real elections don't follow a trend similar to these online post-debate polls, eh?

posted on Oct, 5 2004 @ 10:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by edsinger

Originally posted by Jamuhn

Right here:

www.factcheck.org...

Wow, that's a great website. It's amazing how many times each candidate lied/misled/misspoke. Anyway, I still can't find that 50% of deaths figure for Iraqis though I have my suspicions of what it actually means.

posted on Oct, 5 2004 @ 10:12 PM
link   
I agree with those that said Cheney won, and for two reasons.

Firstly, Cheney won the head to head matchup. Out of 100 points, I'd award Cheney 60-65 and Edwards 35-40. Very close, but I believe that Cheney was slightly more polished, had slightly better facts, and was slightly better at covering the questions. This leads to a solid (if not spectacular) win in this department.

Secondly, and most importantly, Cheney won the battle of changing votes. He clearly will sway more undecided voters towards Bush, and frankly, thats what counts.

Overall a very good debate on both sides.

posted on Oct, 5 2004 @ 10:15 PM
link   
I am against the Bush administration, however,I agree that Cheney performed better than Edwards in the debate. He was more focused and to the point.
I find it humerous that Bush is Cheney's boss, and not the other way around. Cheney is obviously intelligent and a quick thinker, while Bush is, well.... dim. The Republicans would have been better off reversing the ballot! :p

posted on Oct, 5 2004 @ 10:15 PM
link   
I agree that Cheney won this debate.

In my humble opinion, he made Edwards look junior and ineffective.

posted on Oct, 5 2004 @ 10:16 PM
link   
First rule of running a business which is very comparable to a presidency: hire people smarter than you. I think even the hard-core repubs will have to admit such with Bush-Cheney.

[edit on 5-10-2004 by Jamuhn]

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join