It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

GIF Avatars

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 04:25 PM
link   
And now people are creating animations in signatures for group advertizing in this regent program.

Never ends...

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 04:26 PM
link   
reply to post by bl4ke360

No need to be an ass, it's a legit question/ concern and in fact, was partially addressed in the new avatar/background rules (with regards to backgrounds) specifically, though many people would have liked to see it apply to avatars as well.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 08:20 PM
link   
You can always send a complaint or a message to a staff member when you see one of those more dangerous images.

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 08:49 PM
link   
Yes they can be very annoying.

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 03:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Thunderheart
Yes they can be very annoying.
Thanks for your input .
I guess teenage humor goes straight over my head when you laugh and reply with a gif as your avatar.
I hope you never find yourself in my position and have do deal with asshats like you.
edit on 25-6-2012 by pillock because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 04:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mickles
How come I can't see ANY avatars on the left hand side? When I first started lurking on ATS I could see them but as soon as I became a member they disappeared. Help?

Dude, I wish I could not see yours! that is one scary arse clown! (((((shudders))))) I just emailed it to my sister, to scare her. Lol

Stanguilles7.....every time I see YOUR avatar I see the guys, lol,
crawling up over his pants. Can you see it? Lol, slipped one by the sensors

edit on 6/25/2012 by Miss Sile because: typo

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 04:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by ArMaP
You can always send a complaint or a message to a staff member when you see one of those more dangerous images.

Thanks for that

It has been pointed out to me that the T&C state that if animated gifs and other weird pictures can cause problems then stop using ATS

A SMALL NUMBER OF USERS MAY EXPERIENCE EPILEPTIC SEIZURES WHEN EXPOSED TO CERTAIN LIGHT PATTERNS OR BACKGROUNDS ON A COMPUTER SCREEN OR WHILE USING THE WEBSITES. CERTAIN CONDITIONS MAY INDUCE PREVIOUSLY UNDETECTED EPILEPTIC SYMPTOMS EVEN IN USERS WITH NO HISTORY OF SUCH SYMPTOMS. CONSULT YOUR PHYSICIAN PRIOR TO USE OF THE WEBSITES IF YOU HAVE HAD ANY OF THESE SYMPTOMS, AND DISCONTINUE USE OF THE WEBSITES IMMEDIATELY IF YOU EXPERIENCE DIZZINESS, ALTERED VISION, EYE OR MUSCLE TWITCHES, LOSS OF AWARENESS, DISORIENTATION OR INVOLUNTARY MOVEMENTS OR CONVULSIONS.

I will disable animated gifs as has been suggested ( thanks for the advice ppl )

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 08:01 AM
link   
I just turned them off all together. It is hard to read a post with a gun waving in your face.

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 06:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by stanguilles7
I fly

. It's wonderful. I suggest you try it.

Go to Tools+, and scroll down a bit. You wills see this option: "Member Avatars Are Hidden"

I like it for two reasons: One, it means I dont have to look at everyones stupid avatars. I hate that crap.

Two: It means I have to read the CONTENT of a post, not just recognizing avatars.

edit on 24-6-2012 by stanguilles7 because: (no reason given)

and yet you display your avatar for the rest of us.

is that your way of covering your eyes so that we can't see you?

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 11:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by XXX777

Originally posted by stanguilles7
I fly

. It's wonderful. I suggest you try it.

Go to Tools+, and scroll down a bit. You wills see this option: "Member Avatars Are Hidden"

I like it for two reasons: One, it means I dont have to look at everyones stupid avatars. I hate that crap.

Two: It means I have to read the CONTENT of a post, not just recognizing avatars.

edit on 24-6-2012 by stanguilles7 because: (no reason given)

and yet you display your avatar for the rest of us.

is that your way of covering your eyes so that we can't see you?

That doesnt even make sense. I chose an avatar because several people commented about my LACK of avatar.
I dont like to look at them. If you want to, feel free. Or dont. Either way, your complaint is nonsense.

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 11:42 AM
link   
reply to post by pillock

When I first joined ATS I wanted one. Then I figured, my avatar prolly brothers a lot of members enough as it is.

edit on 28-6-2012 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join