It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why silver is set to skyrocket, and how YOU can bring down the fiat system!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 01:50 AM
link   
Look, I agree the banks are out of control. But all that's gonna happen is a lot of people are gonna lose out again, when silver falls.

And you were specifically saying you want the system to fail. This I cannot agree with. The laws on trading derivatives needs to be addressed, sure. But why tear down a good system? Why shouldn't I be able to invest my money where I want? What if I chose to invest in this bank? Am I allowed? They have destroyed FAITH, in the dollar. Nothing more. And you are helping them. Why? What do you gain by our system failing? What is your agenda?

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 01:53 AM
link   
reply to post by prevenge

Now that is an interesting take, what with the "colloidal silver"? threads and whatnot. What else do you know? Can you just grind it and eat it? Or do you have to prepare it a certain way? Genuinely curious

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 09:55 AM
link   
reply to post by rbnhd76

My agenda is to do my part in bringing down my oppressors. You may think this is a good system, but very few others who understand this system do. Perhaps that's the problem; perhaps you're just understanding the "I go to my ATM and get magic money and get to go buy shiny stuff on plastic cards" system, but that's all built on someone else's back, namely mine. And I'm done with it.

You're telling me that by advocating the purchase of a physical metal I'M the one bringing down the system? No no no, my friend, the people who have put billions upon billions of dollars into bets that silver will stay low are the ones who are bringing down the system. The people who have oversaturated the market with PAPER PROMISES of silver that are physically undeliverable because there's not enough silver in the world right now to cover them are the ones who are bringing down the system.

But here you are shilling for them, telling people just to keep on playing their game and propping up their grotesque lifestyles. What exactly is YOUR agenda?

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 11:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by 1BornPatriot
reply to post by mayabong

I want you to buy a Big Mac with it... give it a try... and it does not exist if its in a computer its a electrons - which means it does not exist.

You also can't buy a big mac with gold and silver either, not at its true value anyways. This conversation isn't real cause its just electrons? you're email isn't real cause its just electrons? Gold and silver are great ways to barter on a local level, but they suck in the global economy scheme of things. Imagine having to ship gold and silver any time you wanted to buy something, or shipping tons of it when doing huge transactions with China.

Bitcoin would make all of this alot easier and cheaper to buy and sell things.

To the OP, Max Kaiser is also a big advocate of Bitcoin.

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 02:59 PM
link   
Some new silver webcasts from SGTBull today, discussing this very thing:

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 04:29 PM
link   
PM's will not help you. The PM tards no nothing, it would seem, about the fundamentals of JiT shipping, production, manufacturing, energy, et al, with respects to a global financial collapse.... the only ones getting "rich" in the PM arena are the sellers (merchants) - just like the gold rush of yester years, the prospectors busted, the merchants became rich...

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 08:24 PM
link   
reply to post by pityocamptes

Exactly how do precious metals not withstand the test of long-term investment? What does just-in-time production lines have to do with the fact that gold and silver hold their value? And can you comment on how the HUGE demand for silver in almost every single modern day electronic device affects the price? Or are you just going to insist this all "has an effect" that you're unwilling to actually explain?

People buying silver right now are not the "prospectors" in this scenario----that's the third-world kids mining the stuff. People who own precious metals are eventually the "merchants" albeit on a smaller scale. Your metaphor makes no sense in the modern world.

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 08:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by 00nunya00
reply to post by pityocamptes

Exactly how do precious metals not withstand the test of long-term investment? What does just-in-time production lines have to do with the fact that gold and silver hold their value? And can you comment on how the HUGE demand for silver in almost every single modern day electronic device affects the price? Or are you just going to insist this all "has an effect" that you're unwilling to actually explain?

People buying silver right now are not the "prospectors" in this scenario----that's the third-world kids mining the stuff. People who own precious metals are eventually the "merchants" albeit on a smaller scale. Your metaphor makes no sense in the modern world.

In the case of a global collapse, how many people would be buying electronic devices?

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 09:53 PM
link   
But what is a dollar? It is many things, debt, a promise to pay, or a fiat currency based off of faith-value.

But how is a dollar used by normal citizens? It is used as a store of value, primarlily the value of their labor.

Now let's look at a collapse situation, where there is hyperinflation, and dollars have almost no value relative to what they once were.... even if silver does not change in value at all in this cicumstance, it still FAR outperforms a dollar in terms of store of value, because it did the job money was intended to do in that case- hold value- because value is buying power, and the dollar lost theirs while silver retained its own value as a rare commodity.

Even if the "get rich quick" side of silver which people are harping on now does not turn out as true, it is much more safe to have your value stored in commodities which have utility reasons for the values associated with them. If you think there is going to be a collapse at all, commodities are without a doubt more value than base fiat currency.

It is not merely electronics that makes silver valuable (even though that is a large part of it), it starts with rarity itself, that alone is a source of value for most commodities; there are also tons of medical applications and chemical reasons to want silver. And do you think that there will never be any electronics made ever again after the collapse? It is our financial system that is collapsing, not yet our global infrastructure. It is not time for Mad Max yet, even if there is a period of a few years of near-lawlessness.

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 09:56 PM
link   
reply to post by mayabong

Perhaps I'm not reading his post correctly, but economic collapse is not what I was specifically talking about in reply to that post. The poster asserted, from my understanding, that precious metals are somehow a general bad long-term investment, without backing it up. In the event of economic collapse, silver will be worth many times what it's worth now because it will be the one of the only metals that is available to the common man for use as currency on re-emerging markets (as in, grocery markets, etc). No paper currency would be worth anything for a long time, only metals, and especially the more easily-available ones like copper and silver that actually have value for things other than currency and jewelry. People will be digging their old cell phones out and setting their houses on fire trying to smelt the silver out of them.

Remember, a post-collapse world does not look like an immediate reset to the victorian era; it more likely looks like a slow collapse of the comforts of modern living with a low-trough of "doing without" for a decade or two, then a re-emergence of all of the things we love as the global economy starts to rebuild itself on more sure footing. We won't just give up and all become farmers forevermore; people will have to change in many ways, but they will also be working back towards their iPhones and their doo-dads as fast as they can. It will come back, but hopefully this time on a foundation that's solid.

Now, I think he was referring to the fact that with "just-in-time" production the world's production capacity will quickly break down because one failure at one point will affect everything down the line from that almost immediately, but even without the demand of industrial applications of silver, like I said the demand for it as a currency of intrinsic value will quickly replace and overcome the level of demand previously from the tech sector.

But even without an economic collapse, which was the generality of my post, silver will continue to go up because of the ever-increasing demand for it in technology. Exponentially so if the paper economy collapses.

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 10:00 PM
link   
reply to post by joeraynor

Ah, we posted at the same time, but precisely what I was trying to say! Excellent, I totally agree. The value of silver, perhaps more so than gold, is grotesquely low at the moment and cannot continue at these levels for long. The math, in either scenario, trumps everything else.

I don't understand or promote the fast-money market schemes, I think it's a risk only the single and wealthy should take. Investment, for the common man, should absolutely be in long-term valuables that cannot just go "poof" because someone screws up.

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 10:31 PM
link   
Re-run, I seen this before.
It was the same thing for gold. They sold more gold than they had on hand and now "Cash For Gold" ads all over TV and a "Cash For Gold" store on every street corner. Well it will soon be changed to "Cash For Silver" ads all over TV and a "Cash For Silver" store on every corner. Just how to you sell more of something than you have? Well they did it before and are doing it again. What will it be next time? "Cash For Diamonds"?
Those with gold may think about trading it for silver if they can find any real silver and not just paper silver. But if paper silver will hold it valve like the real thing then so much the better. I say that because I think the gold market is about the crash. I just have a bad feeling about it

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 10:39 PM
link   
reply to post by 00nunya00

Slow down...

The "real" price of silver is the price people are willing to buy it for....

www.ebay.ca...

One ounce goes for %27, at 90%. That's not a huge mark up. The value of silver is worth what people are willing to pay for it, not what the market shows. It's worth maybe 10% more than what the commodity is shown to be worth. Market demand does not effect the physical demand, gas is a perfect example. Oil is down, gas is the same.

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 10:41 PM
link   
reply to post by fixer1967

Gold will correct, but it will never crash. It will always have a value. Dot Com will crash, because it may become worthless.

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 11:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by badconduct

Gold will correct, but it will never crash. It will always have a value. Dot Com will crash, because it may become worthless.

Gold as of now 12 midnight 6/26/12 $1586.46
Lets say it dropped by half that is a lost of $793.23

Remember a crash you can walk or crawl away from is still a crash.
And even a fender bender can kill.

50% is a big drop but a 15 or 20% drop would wipe out billions of dollars.
It does not have to drop to $0 to be a crash
I just think tha some where there is a big load of gold that is going to get dumped on the market and the price is going to drop though the floor.

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 11:14 PM
link   

Market demand does not effect the physical demand, gas is a perfect example. Oil is down, gas is the same.

Oil/gas is down right now because of market fears that the Euro downturn will reduce *demand*.

It's not *all* about market demand, but it is quite a large part of it *when entities are not artificially holding the price down*. That's what we have going on with silver right now. Demand goes up every day, but JP Morgan's massive hedge against it is keeping it low----for the moment. Come QE3, it will start climbing and at a certain point, the spiral will be out of their control. Fear of inflation will drive the price ever higher.

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 11:23 PM
link   
I noticed something a long time ago, when the world economy is in crisis - people and government tend to flood the world with commodities - when a place to store those commodities becomes some what over stuffed the price dives - and that is what is going on right now - look back at comodities right before WAR its the same every time and Syria is a Axis of evil state - GWBush - and we are going after them one by one -- IRAN and North Korea are left after Syria..... North Korea... what is that 2 days of carpet bombing a stone age society into what the a dead stone age society.... >>>??? they cant even feed their own people - not enough agricultural land and the season for growing is too short -- they dont even have enough electricity to light up the night. No oil, No food --- only thing they got is missery and lots of it... oh and Rocks --- dont know if any of it is gold though.

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 11:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by fixer1967

Gold as of now 12 midnight 6/26/12 $1586.46
Lets say it dropped by half that is a lost of $793.23

Remember a crash you can walk or crawl away from is still a crash.
And even a fender bender can kill.

50% is a big drop but a 15 or 20% drop would wipe out billions of dollars.
It does not have to drop to $0 to be a crash
I just think tha some where there is a big load of gold that is going to get dumped on the market and the price is going to drop though the floor.

That's the advantage of using metals as a *long-term* investment versus a short-term income dependency. People who trade in paper metals are looking to make quick money off of fluctuations; I'm in no way advocating this. Buying silver now and holding on to it for either use as currency after a mega-crash or for redeeming its value 20 years from now is a sound plan.

There are a few very smart countries snapping up gold with both hands, and it's hard to imagine they would dump it and deliberately crash so many economies their own countries depend on, but folks needing to pay off debts by selling it might happen, albeit on an extremely smaller scale. Countries don't sell gold to pay debts (unless they're morons like the UK and whatnot, selling thousands and thousands of tonnes for rock-bottom prices
which is not likely nowadays), they use it as guarantees to get new debts to pay old ones. The end of that spiral is countries being drained of their sovereign gold, into the hands of increasingly fewer creditors who will then literally hold the majority of the purse strings after a collapse, leaving them as the only ones with any power to reconstitute the new banking system----in other words, with all of the power.

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 11:32 PM
link   
Through all these posts about physical silver is the way to survive an economic crash of paper currency, all I could think of was how to physically SECURE it. I don't own a gun and my runt dog is certainly no protection of my physical investment. I'm pretty sure some of my neighbors are well armed and will want my physical silver, if I had some. I would assume a good amount of the general population is in the same scenario. Guess I could rent a room in Fort Knoxx, since nothing else is in them. Xenongod

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 11:51 PM
link   
reply to post by 00nunya00

The IMF are the ones I worry about doing a gold dump. The have done it before. 403 tonnes back in 2009. Who know what they are up to.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join