It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Public-Sector Unions and the Cannibalization of Youth

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 23 2012 @ 08:36 PM
link   
The worst aspect of the various public sector union battles, or really any government entity, is that ultimately the unborn are the ones who are going to have to pay for it.

posted on Jun, 23 2012 @ 08:50 PM
link   
Our children wil pay for it if Libertarians remove all of our sevices and sell off all of our remaining public assets and utlities.

I agree about breaking up the unions though. Unions are an invention of the capitalist. The point of a union is to divide the worker and bamboozle him.
edit on 23-6-2012 by Germanicus because: (no reason given)

This guy would be better than Gary.
en.wikipedia.org...

edit- Gary is better than Romney or Obama though

edit- cool title by the way.
Wonder how long before the unionists go all zombie on us. Start eating children.

posted on Jun, 23 2012 @ 09:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Germanicus

I belong to my local Firefighters Union. None of what you have said applies to my local. The opposite is true. With out our union we had no representation and no workers contract or rights. My first 5 years working here without a union was like working under a dictatorship. The past 26 (31 year total working as a Firefighter) have been a hell of a lot better

posted on Jun, 23 2012 @ 09:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by grubblesnert
reply to post by Germanicus

I belong to my local Firefighters Union. None of what you have said applies to my local. The opposite is true. With out our union we had no representation and no workers contract or rights. My first 5 years working here without a union was like working under a dictatorship. The past 26 (31 year total working as a Firefighter) have been a hell of a lot better

I mean that they divide them by having so many unions. Once the fight against the capitalist was easier. All workers had terrible conditions. The capitalists invents the union to divide the worker. Now they are not united. Now they are broken up into their own selfish groups. All fighting for themselves instead of each other. The capitalists fooled some of the skilled workers into believing that they were mini-capitalists. We were divided.

The thing with unions is that they are a band aid solution. We are not attacking the root cause. Governments can protect the worker. Governments can pass legislation on rates of pay and conditions. When governments do it, we can get more sensible outcomes. You only have to look at something like a 'teachers union' to see that unions breed greed. Unions work for the best result for the worker, not the most sensible and fair result. They are a selfish idea.

My Grandfather was a unionist and I do not think they are the worst thing in the world and the basic idea is good. but the basic concept is flawed in my opinion. Unions often give the worker a false sense of security as well. Governments simply force arbitration these days if they cant get a striking union to stand down. Striking is pretty much a thing of the past. Nobody has the balls to go 'wildcat'.

It just seems like a futile game of chase your tail until you get tired.

Then you also have the fact that unions are used against us. Like Bill Gates pushing for chrter schools. One of his biggest selling points is the fact that teachers unions are so dysfunctional and greedy. It is easy to convince the public now that privatization is the way to go and soon, evil Bill Gates and his corporatist buds will turn public schools into a business.

Its like the oligarchy just spins us around.

So why not call their bluff? Take the unions you demonic corporatist [SNIP]s. We do not need unions to destroy them. And we up the anti. We push for nationalization of Banking and Oil. We can tear out their [SNIP]ing hearts if they wanna [SNIP] with us. Unions are not a kill shot.

posted on Jun, 23 2012 @ 09:24 PM
link   
reply to post by FSBlueApocalypse

That's always been the case, forever. Is your proposal to make it so costs are only generational? I don't see the point of demonizing the public sector over terrible policy instituted by politicians with biases.

The republican run government of 2006 wrote the budget for FY2007 forcing the USPS to set aside upwards of $5.5 billion per year on their pension funds. Without authorizing any additional congressional funding to do it. This means that the highly profitable USPS was suddenly the poster-child for anti-union rhetoric, "Look at what the public sector union did to the postal service now our childrens children will have to pay for their bloated benefits!"

posted on Jun, 23 2012 @ 09:32 PM
link   
Wow is this guy ADHD? What a bunch of boring rhetoric, Yawn!
Another union bashing thread, ya lets just beat up the middle class some more. Why pick on the fascist cause of all our ails?
brice

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 08:44 AM
link   
reply to post by FSBlueApocalypse

Why are you so concerned about unborn children that may or may not exist paying out the retirement benefits to those that paved the way for them? And why do these same people not give a flying rats hide about them having things like breathable air and drinkable drinking water? Please quit with the false statements of concern over the next generation, when the real truth is you have no real concern for the next generations well being, that your only real concern is you and the taxes you are paying.

top topics

join