It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jeb Bush said: "The Economy Is Not Obama's Fault"

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 23 2012 @ 06:47 PM
link   
Eventhough Obama's policies are working
and
Obama has a proven succesful track record

Jeb Bush even slapped the Republicans.

JEB BUSH SAID "THE ECONOMY IS NOT OBAMA'S FAULT"

I think when Obama is sworn in for a second term Obama will take credit for what the economy is doing.
edit on 23-6-2012 by Rising Against because: Removed all caps title.

Starting a New Thread?...Look Here First

AboveTopSecret.com takes pride in making every post count.
Please do not create minimal posts to start your new thread.
If you feel inclined to make the board aware of news, current events,
or important information from other sites
please post one or two paragraphs,
a link to the entire story,
AND your opinion, twist or take on the news item,
as a means to inspire discussion or collaborative research on your subject.

edit on Sun Jun 24 2012 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 23 2012 @ 06:50 PM
link   
Oh boy this is going to be one hell of a summer with threads like this popping up every day. Oh boy

posted on Jun, 23 2012 @ 06:54 PM
link   
reply to post by mr10k

I cant wait until Nov 2nd when America celebrates a landslide victory for Obama one of the greatest presidents ever.

Time is running out for tea party people and conservatives.

Time is ticking..

We are legion.

posted on Jun, 23 2012 @ 06:57 PM
link   
Well, that's not actually what he said:

Former Florida Gov. Jeb Bush (R) rejected the Republican line that President Obama is primarily to blame for the sluggish economic recovery. "I think we're in a period here for the next year of pretty slow growth," he told reporters. "I don't see how we get out, notwithstanding who's president. We've got major headwinds with Europe and a slow down for Asia as well."

www.drudge.com...

And he's right. The GOp mantra that has pretended we can go back to pre-bubble burst economics in the US is just stupid. Anyone who believes it is stupid. The US and world economy are #ed. No amount of tax cuts for the Rich, or re-arranging of the deck chairs will change that.

Yeah, it's probably related to the recent story claiming Romney's camp asked Gov Scott to play down the success of the Florida Economy during the past few years, since it goes against Romney's claims that Obama is destroying the economy.

www.bloomberg.com...

Either that, or Jeb knows that the 'blame the economy on POTUS" meme may end up biting them in the ass after 2016 and they are back in the WH.
edit on 23-6-2012 by stanguilles7 because: (no reason given)

link   
reply to post by BlueStatePatriot

No sorry, I am not legion. Good bye

link   

Wait is this a good thing or bad thing?

I thought Obama was responsible for every failure America has ever had.

Nope as the Obama haters on here have said. He is a joke, a failure, a puppet.

They have said this because they have also done law school, managed a corporation, and have a solid track record in politics.

Therefor, because their lives have walked in his shoes, they can judge and say with expertise that Obama is a failure and they could do better!

Obama sucks.

Not really, but until one of these ATS politicians grows the balls to run for the presidancy, heck i'll be your huckleberry!! Lol

posted on Jun, 23 2012 @ 06:58 PM
link   

HI Bluestate, I do fault Obama for not clamping down on the banksters and then the states attorney generals give them basicall amnesty.

You can not get out of debt by adding more debt I don't care if your a republican or a democrat. The economy is not doing well. The stockmarket and the banks are being propped up by trillions of money pumping actions by the FED. This is creating inflation which is eating way at the little money most people have. Now with falling gas prices we are seeing commidity prices rising again. The money goes someplace while chump change trickles down.

My thought on the re-election Obama.. notice I said "re-election".... I don't believe the Republicans want to be in charge during the next four years. I see Mitt Romney as McCain II.

Jeb Bush is 2016 ... you heard it hear first! I see Jeb as positioning himself for the next presidential election cycle . See if Obama is re-elected and the country survives that long the flip side of the elite coin will be played and it is another bushwacking of America. If the voters are so mad at Obama another Bush might be their only non-democrat option...

now that a conspiracy!

edit on 23-6-2012 by fnpmitchreturns because: add Jeb stuff

posted on Jun, 23 2012 @ 07:04 PM
link   

Care to back up the statement by Jeb Bush with a source? When using a quote in the title it would be a good idea to use a source in your OP. It is okay to state an opinion, but you have the quote in caps as if it was truth. Enough of the this nonsense. I am indifferent about both of them, but this thread is absolutely garbage. Find a source!

posted on Jun, 23 2012 @ 07:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by fnpmitchreturns

My thought on the re-election Obama.. notice I said "re-election".... I don't believe the Republicans want to be in charge during the next four years. I see Mitt Romney as McCain II.

Bingo

Everything the GOP have been doing since at least 2007 have been with this in mind. They don't want the White House in 2012, because they know the economy will not turn around for AT LEAST the next few years. If they win the WH in 2012, the the Dems will likley win it back in 2016, as the public will just blame the GOP.

BUT if they wait it out, Obama will be blamed by EVERYBODY left and right, by 2015, and they can win the WH in a breeze. And in the meantime, they can slowly take back the House and then Senate...

Conversely, the Dems know that if they do too much to 'improve' the economy, the GOP will try to win in 2012. So their policies have to focus on mitigating damage without doing too much to cause improvements in the next few years. So if they want to focus on 'improving' the economy, policy wise, they know they need to be focused further down the road.

Therefore, both parties are seeking to see the economy continue to be crap for the next few years, but from different strategic standpoints.

posted on Jun, 23 2012 @ 07:49 PM
link   

Yep,

Definitely not Obama's fault this time.

posted on Jun, 23 2012 @ 07:53 PM
link   
Source please.

2nd

posted on Jun, 23 2012 @ 07:56 PM
link   
How is this thread not Politcal Trolling???

I generally try to avoid BlueState... he's a troll and a master baiter! Yes, a master baiter!!!!

posted on Jun, 23 2012 @ 07:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by BlueStatePatriotJEB BUSH SAID

Who cares what Jeb Bush say?

On the other hand what if Jeb Bush is right?

posted on Jun, 23 2012 @ 08:01 PM
link   
I agree with the people stating that Obama will be re-elected. I also do not think the economy is his fault.

Repubs aren't even trying this election cycle. The only redeeming thought I have for that party is they are gearing up for a Bush-like campaign where a talking suit holds the title but the VP is running the show. Romney's running mate will be interesting.

But clearly the election is Obama's to lose at this juncture.

And btw, why again is Jeb's opinion important here?
edit on 23-6-2012 by cry93 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 23 2012 @ 08:08 PM
link   
For all those asking for a source, Drudge is running this exact same headline (well, minus the quotes since those arent his words at all):

Jeb: Economy is not Obamas Fault

posted on Jun, 23 2012 @ 08:10 PM
link   
reply to post by xuenchen

Yes, Republicans like you often need to blame Obam for the current economic situtation in the US, because you know that blaming him for US foreign Policy, the Patriot Acts, NDAA, etc etc etc are all things you cant blame him for, since most Republicans support them as well.

posted on Jun, 23 2012 @ 08:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by stanguilles7

Yes, Republicans like you often need to blame Obam for the current economic situtation in the US, because you know that blaming him for US foreign Policy, the Patriot Acts, NDAA, etc etc etc are all things you cant blame him for, since most Republicans support them as well.

Now WHY on Earth would Republicans want a bad economy ??

It's bad for business ya know ??

It's bad for banking ya know ??

WHY on Earth would Republicans want to be responsible for all that public assistance ??

No jobs = bad for business......right?

Past Republican administrations have created and stabilized good domestic economies even in spite of all the overseas outsourcing instigated by the international Marxist / Corporatist Cartel. Not to even mention all that Left Wing resistance and wild maniac binge spending.

Pssst.........one more thing....

I'm not a declared Republican !!!!!

(but I'm damn close)

posted on Jun, 23 2012 @ 08:37 PM
link   

For all those asking for a source, Drudge is running this exact same headline (well, minus the quotes since those arent his words at all):

Jeb: Economy is not Obamas Fault

That's the "Drudge RETORT" page for topic discussion.

It seems the poster there was referring back to a NYTimes article titled:
Reagan Wouldn’t Make It

And Jeb did apparently say something along those lines

He also rejected the Republican line that Mr. Obama is primarily to blame for the sluggish recovery: “I think we’re in a period here for the next year of pretty slow growth; I don’t see how we get out, notwithstanding who’s president. We’ve got major headwinds with Europe and a slow down for Asia as well.”

Funny.

posted on Jun, 23 2012 @ 09:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by xuenchen

Again, this is VERY elemental. I'll repeat:

If the economy sucks, the public blames POTUS. Current POTUS is a Dem, therefore the GOP benefit from a bad economy.

Simple. Obvious. Pay attention.

For Example:

Romney Campaign Said to Ask Scott to Downplay Job Gains

(but I'm damn close)

Yes, I know you wont declare so, because to do so would be suicide on ATS> So you pretend you arent despite all evidence to the contrary.

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 12:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by xuenchen

It's bad for business ya know ??

It's bad for banking ya know ??

WHY on Earth would Republicans want to be responsible for all that public assistance ??

No jobs = bad for business......right?

Past Republican administrations have created and stabilized good domestic economies even in spite of all the overseas outsourcing instigated by the international Marxist / Corporatist Cartel. Not to even mention all that Left Wing resistance and wild maniac binge spending.

(but I'm damn close)

You ahve to love the revisionist history of who opened up China and sent those jobs overseas made only profitable by tax deductions. ...

the republicans don't want to be in charge when austerity hits America. I see the coming showdown on the automatic budget cuts and these will also cut into programs Republicans traditionally support but the political rangling will work at the 11th hour this time. Expect the cuts to be made and since so much of our economic activity depends on government money our economy will tank even further but the stock market will be QEed to infinity trying to stop a hard collapse of the dollar.

I don't think the Republican brand could survive another presidential failure like Bush. Romney is a Wall Street hatchet man waiting to dismantle America and divy up the parts to his backers. (I can see the commercials coming later the fall) and if the economy didn't improve then the Republican brand sinks lower.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join