It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Everything You Know Is Wrong...

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 23 2012 @ 09:08 PM
link   

ATTENTION!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Few things here that seem to have been forgotten:

We expect civility and decorum within all topics - Please Review This Link.

You are responsible for your own posts.

and

This forum is dedicated to the all-important highly speculative topics that may not be substantiated by many, if any facts and span the spectrum of topics discussed on ATS. Readers and users should be aware that extreme theories without corroboration are embraced in this forum. Discussion topics and follow-up responses in this forum will likely tend to lean in favor of conspiracies, scandals, and cover-ups. Members who would seek to refute such theories should be mindful of AboveTopSecret.com's tradition of focusing on conspiracy theory, cover-ups, and scandals.

Finally,

Stay on topic!

posted on Jun, 23 2012 @ 09:30 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 23 2012 @ 10:00 PM
link   
umm lol wut?, i was drawing attention to the fact that not one person has really address the subject i have posted about

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 03:58 AM
link   
The problem with Pye, is that he has a prepositioned opinion about the results. When I listen to him, about history, there is a lot to what he says. But I can also hear his opinion, that we humans do not belong in the natural order of things ... and this prepositions, poisons his results.

He's right about many things, he's right about where primates and humanoids lived ... one in the forrests, the other in the open. It's not a new idea ... but he's wrong about humanoids still existing, darwinism is correct ... that we, are the successor of the humanoids, and the modern primates are successors to the historical primates. He isn't consider that the earth grew, that gravity changes, that the envionment was altered ... darwinism, didn't take that into account either ... life started in the oceans, because originally the earth was shallow seas.

The problem with everyone trying to deduct scientific data from history, or evidence ... is that their minds are posoned with the idea, that they are god like creatures. Their minds, consider themselves to be top of all, end of all ... in evolution. THat everything is about us ...

But I find a lot of good info, in what this guy has to say ...

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 07:23 AM
link   
Good video & thanks for the link.

Does make sense.

Really also loved when he talked about that unfinished egyptian obelisk, pounding the sides to make it is 1 thing, but how do you cut the below (pink granite) part which is still attached to the rock?

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 08:04 AM
link   
At about 16 minutes he makes the claim that 'they' insist that 'we' came from Neanderthal's.
No one, credible, I have read of is claiming that ... we share a common ancestor and co-existed in Europe for a time. The idea that we evolved from Neanderthals is a very old, superseded concept.

How old is this video? He seems to be running with 30 year old theories.

I'll watch the rest of the video and try to keep an open mind.
His arguments so far are a little vitriolic against working anthropologists for my tastes and not at all accurate.

Got to 20 minutes ... I can watch no longer.

No Missing Link??
I must conclude that Darwin is a "Blowed Up Peckerwood".
Really?

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 08:46 AM
link   
reply to post by titanuranus

If you watched a litle bit longer you see him saying; allright we didn't evolved (according the scientists) from the neanderthals but from the homo erectus (in the later theory) , which is of course still more ape like then human like (long arms, small forehead no ability to speak and so on). So he's just saying there isn't a good 'missing link'?

And of course homo erectus since believed we came from him, is shown on pictures to look it make more human.
Probaly they where as hairy as today apes? but made look on pictures more human than they really where
edit on 24-6-2012 by Plugin because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 11:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by easybreezy
reply to post by christina-66

Australia... now please explain this concept...

Umm, largest island in the world. Nice place. reasonably friendly inhabitants. high standard of education. expensive electricity and poor internet connectivity.

I could go on but seeing as you apparently just want to take a bigoted approach and focus on spelling, grammer and unproven 'theoretical' pyschology rather then actually commenting on the topic of the OP then i don't really see the point.

Sorry not you, i meant the other person whom you are replying to in this quote.

ALSO, the title of the OP is the actual title of the vid that is posted so if you have a problem with this you should take it up with Lloyd Pye.

edit on 24-6-2012 by Raivan31 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 11:59 AM
link   
reply to post by kalisdad

and being that there are many seperate and conflicting religions out there, faith alone can not prove any of them right or wrong.

Umm, before you criticize others on their spelling, perhaps you might want to make use of spell check as well. The word is separate.

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 12:45 PM
link   
May I suggest typing posts into MS Word so you can spell check them? It is hard to take someone seriously when they make typos in an original post and do not correct them.

Just a suggestion.

On topic: I think the source of the common ground that all mythologies share can be boiled down to the fact that all humans are essencially exactly alike. Check out Joseph Campbell as a start on the topic of comparative mythology.

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 01:43 PM
link   
reply to post by easybreezy

youtu.be...

You should watch this vid, It is around same length of time. But this describes and teaches you the real truth. After you see this vid you will know what the truth is and what is fake. Please watch the whole vid in its entirety and then tell me what you think. That also goes to all who see this.
edit on 24-6-2012 by HumanitiesLastHope because: fixed the link

edit on 24-6-2012 by HumanitiesLastHope because: fixed the link

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 03:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Plugin
reply to post by titanuranus

If you watched a litle bit longer you see him saying; allright we didn't evolved (according the scientists) from the neanderthals but from the homo erectus (in the later theory) , which is of course still more ape like then human like (long arms, small forehead no ability to speak and so on). So he's just saying there isn't a good 'missing link'?

And of course homo erectus since believed we came from him, is shown on pictures to look it make more human.
Probaly they where as hairy as today apes? but made look on pictures more human than they really where
edit on 24-6-2012 by Plugin because: (no reason given)

I'll watch the rest on the way to work.

BUT, we didn't evolve from Homo Erectus either, once again, a common ancestor with Neanderthals and Homo Sapiens.

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 10:28 PM
link   
reply to post by easybreezy

Hello OP.

Sorry some folks are giving you a hard time.

I started watching the video and it looks really interesting. I plan to watch it in full.

Thanks for sharing this.

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 10:30 PM
link   
reply to post by UltraDOSEcious

You spelled "essentially" wrong, which is funny, because you spent your first two paragraphs telling the OP to use spell check.

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 10:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Caroline13456

you obviously missed the point of my post...

I was simply expaining what others(the very first person after the OP) had pointed out

I make spelling mistakes all the time, despite my attempt to make sure that my spelling is correct, there are still many times that they slip through.

however, my pointing out his spelling and grammar errors was in direct reference to the OP using the word 'illiterate's' where he meant to say illustrates.

oh the irony...

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 01:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by kalisdad

But as for science. This is meant to be, the be all and end all of everything there is and ever was.. And yet we can still find holes, and things that simply don't add up. But how can that be?

the difference is that science is self correcting. if tests invalidate a theory, the theory is changed until we can demonstrate predicted results over and over again...

it doesn't matter how much love religion claims to spread. from my point of view, some of the most evil and destructive forces in our history have been the religious controllers. they are hateful torwards people with different beliefs and will kill in the name of their 'loving' god...

so in matters of what we know being wrong... its not what we know, its what we are told... it is up to each and every one of us to find a truth for themselves. and as long as their truth does not try to override my truth, then we're good. its when they try to force their beliefs on others that makes me question their motives.

Interesting.... In your second paragraph, you started by saying "religion" and ended by saying "religious controllers"... Almost as if you equate them as one and the same...?

So if I become a scientist, or "scientific controller", and go kill a bunch of people in the name of science... Then by your logic, science is bad? Could it be that religion itself isn't so bad, but so many of us Humans have got it wrong for so long? Is religion itself bad, or are some people bad, while many others are ignorant enough to follow along with the "bad" versions of religions? Is religion bad, or is it we who have failed our God? People have been twisting around the truth for so long, I fear we can no longer know what the truth even is... Except maybe to look into our own heart. Not in books, or the extrapolations of our so-called experts. All that only interferes with out natural ability to discern right from wrong.

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 02:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by Raivan31

reply to post by christina-66

Australia... now please explain this concept...

Umm, largest island in the world. Nice place. reasonably friendly inhabitants. high standard of education. expensive electricity and poor internet connectivity.

I could go on but seeing as you apparently just want to take a bigoted approach and focus on spelling, grammer and unproven 'theoretical' pyschology rather then actually commenting on the topic of the OP then i don't really see the point.

Sorry not you, i meant the other person whom you are replying to in this quote.

ALSO, the title of the OP is the actual title of the vid that is posted so if you have a problem with this you should take it up with Lloyd Pye.

edit on 24-6-2012 by Raivan31 because: (no reason given)

No, he meant "explain the concept of a freudian slip"....

The best way I can explain it is when you make a slight mistake in your wording, but somewhere in your consciousness, you really DID mean the word you supposedly mistakenly said, typed or wrote or otherwise indicated. The way this logic is supposed to work is that you must've really meant what you said, because somewhere in your mind you must've been thinking about it in order for it to come out of your mind. But in these crazy auto-correct times, it can be difficult to ascertain intentions when communicating with others through the use of technological devices. Hope that helps.

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 12:47 PM
link   
reply to post by MRuss

LOL! You're right, I did spell essentially wrong! I swear I even looked it up. My point is that it is the original post and the poster doesn't care that there are typos, so how seriously can it be taken?

Anyway good call, and I didn't mean to be a jerk, just saying that the little things count.
edit on 26-6-2012 by UltraDOSEcious because: spelled it wrong again

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 03:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by 3n19m470
Interesting.... In your second paragraph, you started by saying "religion" and ended by saying "religious controllers"... Almost as if you equate them as one and the same...?

So if I become a scientist, or "scientific controller", and go kill a bunch of people in the name of science... Then by your logic, science is bad? Could it be that religion itself isn't so bad, but so many of us Humans have got it wrong for so long? Is religion itself bad, or are some people bad, while many others are ignorant enough to follow along with the "bad" versions of religions? Is religion bad, or is it we who have failed our God? People have been twisting around the truth for so long, I fear we can no longer know what the truth even is... Except maybe to look into our own heart. Not in books, or the extrapolations of our so-called experts. All that only interferes with out natural ability to discern right from wrong.

not all religions are bound by a church. however there is little doubt, that throughout history, the catholic church has used its power and influence to control the masses. where are buddhism is not quite as controling.

with that in mind, there is quite a distinction between being religious, and having religious controllers...
edit on 27-6-2012 by kalisdad because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join