It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

70 facts Obama does not want you to see

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 12:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Rocsgirl

All anyone has to do is google gas prices 2008 to see at the start of January 2008 regular unleaded was $3.08 a gallon. Your own article is innuendo and lies, this is why you don't vote Republican besides the obvious reasons. Many posting here that Obama was/is worse than EITHER Bushs is full of their own waste and expect the rest of us to have not remembered the last 20 years. Hello!!! we have film, tape, recordings proving you are misremembering current and recent history.
So, Rocsgirl, you don't wanna vote but don't stop being discerning over the things you read placing blame.
$1.89 gas my ass!
And for the guy (Flashtrum) who wanted proof the Republicans want to tank the economy by stop doing their job, embarrass Obama and see him fail:

www.rawstory.com...

videocafe.crooksandliars.com...

Obstructionists to the treasonous power! Teaparty not paying last years budget causing a down grade in economy, 60 votes to pass anything. All these REPUBLICAN ideas and actions!
For those who think forcing everyone to have health care:
articles.boston.com...

articles.latimes.com...

www.mcclatchydc.com...

Meanwhile Obama & the rest of us want single payer:

pnhp.org...

The Health Care bill in the Supreme Court has already been rolling along so if the mandate is unconstitutional then back to a single payer like we all wanted and ObamaCare is passed and voted on and Republicans can suck it!
Last major country in the world to take care of all of it's citizens in the 21st Century like it should.
As for closing Gitmo, didn't Romney say he would DOUBLE it? Nice choices but if you vote Republican you vote against yourself and the rest of us, that's a fact!

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 01:40 AM
link   
reply to post by travisirius

So, Rocsgirl, you don't wanna vote but don't stop being discerning over the things you read placing blame.

I plan to vote.

I don't care to place blame, and I won't stop discerning over the things I read.

This entire thread has brought to light an interesting perspective on people. Enough said.

I do not support Obama and that's ok. If you do, then so be it, after all that's your right as an American...

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 02:06 AM
link   

Good luck with your trickle down economics!

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 02:13 AM
link   

howdy Rocsgirl,
fyi, nothing in government (even in the US) is ever that simple or simplistic.

Medicaid is welfare. Medicare is for people 65 years or older. Don't confuse the two.
while you are correct in the first part -> medicaid is one form of welfare
the second simplistic assumption is just that and not even close to correct.

Medicare is a multi-faceted program which does provide care for the elderly, however, it also provides medical coverage for the disabled (any age except minors), coverage for organ failures (any age except minors), adult persons who receive Social Security supplements and persons who are otherwise un-insurable may qualify for Medicare.

so, Medicare is not exclusive to the seniors
and, Medicaid is not exclusive to the poor or the children.

personal disclosure -- an organ recipient, retired w/pension, SS benefits, Medicare and employed was still encouraged to apply/qualify for Medicaid coverage for post-operative care. (2006)

edit on 24-6-2012 by Honor93 because: fix typo

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 02:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by muse7

Good luck with your trickle down economics!

well umm but.

what else is there ?

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 03:01 AM
link   

Obama has managed to turn the world against America
reply to post by Germanicus

I agree that Obama is no good. However, your anger has clouded your judgement. It is hard to say that Bush won hearts and mind around the world. Obama has not helped, but he did not start the nose dive of American popularity.

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 03:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Honor93

Yes I understand what medicaid and medicare are.... I'm a Registered Nurse and deal with both medicaid and medicare patients every single day. I wasn't trying to explain in detail what they were, I don't feel like writing a novel. I made a quick note that the article had referred to medicaid and not medicare, and poster had mistaken one for the other. That's it. Why do people feel the need to pick apart my every word on here? And post comments with such hostility towards me? I post some article with a few statistics that "THE WRITER" NOT ME chose to compile together and call it 70 facts Obama does not want you to see. A couple of them have to do with Obama which I found interesting and expressed the impact of our economy seen in my daily life and work. My opinion might differ from yours but SO WHAT.

So leave it be.

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 04:21 AM
link   
My goodness, OP! Why are you surprised that on this board you are being refuted? Isn't that what we do here? You choose a controversial subject to post an article on and are surprised when you're jumped on?! LOL!

Anyway, when someone decides to run on a platform with a stated goal other than "Get Obama Out of the White House" and offer up some workable solutions, I'll consider them. Until then, it's the devil you know versus the one you don't, and I don't want a woman-hating, elitist billionaire with absolutely no regard for the middle and lower classes of this country anywhere near the White House!

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 08:09 AM
link   

Wonder if you saw this thread

Jeb Bush says the economy is not Obamas fault

Also the planet, the whole world is going through a recession.
Is Obama responsible for that too?

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 08:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by MommyWoman
My goodness, OP! Why are you surprised that on this board you are being refuted? Isn't that what we do here? You choose a controversial subject to post an article on and are surprised when you're jumped on?! LOL!

Anyway, when someone decides to run on a platform with a stated goal other than "Get Obama Out of the White House" and offer up some workable solutions, I'll consider them. Until then, it's the devil you know versus the one you don't, and I don't want a woman-hating, elitist billionaire with absolutely no regard for the middle and lower classes of this country anywhere near the White House!

I wish I could shake your hand.
You are one sensible person.

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 09:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Germanicus
reply to post by Open_Minded Skeptic

Obama is a war mongering jerk. Are you actually defending Obama? Why? What on earth would you defend him for? Do you like his 'kill list' or something?

He cant even pass a budget. He is a joke and a failure.

Obama has managed to turn the world against America. We were blaming Republicans before. Imagine our shock when we find out that Obama is more of the same. Obama is the last straw. You can blame him when the USD is unseated as the reserve. He could have fixed things. Instead, he has doomed the US. He must be the biggest failure of a President in US history. The only thing Obama has done is take some heat off of Jimmy Carter.

Obama makes me sick. What a liar. What a failure. He has doomed the US.
edit on 23-6-2012 by Germanicus because: (no reason given)

Bush was the a real insane crazy person with ego parasitic tenedcies that you choose as a leader who destroyed your country for his own gains. I do not say he is an idiot because I think he is an extreme good manipulator and using peoples idea of him as a tool to get what he wants. That guy is like a manipulator on steroids and he make Hitler seem like a unskillfull manipulator by comparison. Obama is just another manipulator of the same egoparasitic tendecies as Bush and warmongering bully but he is not as good as Bush was. I took me time to see thru Bush and see him for what he was. Obama was esier to see thru. It does not matter anymore who you choose to be President. Barack Obama and Mitt Romney is not much different from each other. Just more human egoparasitic political trash.

But then I can be wrong in my views and the whole world is a nice harmonious world and the people at the top of US political scene is really are good leader and very intrested in fixing the world and will not let their own selfintrest get in the way for the common good of the US/world. And at the same time there is pigs flying tru the air oinking.

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 09:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by newcovenant

Wonder if you saw this thread

Jeb Bush says the economy is not Obamas fault

Also the planet, the whole world is going through a recession.
Is Obama responsible for that too?

I would say yes. If you go after the thieves and demand judgment instead of letting the thieces continue to steal since they are extreamly rich then you would not have had this mess. You could have cleaned up the mess but then you would not have gotten the contribution/bribes from the thieves at wall Street. Iceland seem to be the only people in the world that went after the thieves. Greece and US let the people pay for the theft instead.

But then it is meant to be like this so everyone can wake up to the extreme stupidety of the whole system.
edit on 24-6-2012 by apushforenlightment because: spellchecking

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 11:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by flashtrum

Originally posted by Open_Minded Skeptic
It might be easier to think of this in terms of an analogy:

Ahh my all-time favorite excuse for Obama's horrible Jimmy Carter-esque Presidency - it's Bush's fault!

This country got swept up on the loaded garbage that was hope and change. I'm no Hillary Clinton fan but I would bet we'd be in much better shape financially with her in office. Plus she's no goof when it comes to dealing with the other side. That's PART OF THE JOB! Obama runs away from it and cries - "they won't work with me". Even the liberal Time Magazine printed an article pointing out that he hates dealing with Congress. THAT IS THE JOB! This man was WOEFULLY unprepared and without the experience required for the job.

I know it is an "inconvenient truth" and something many don't want to hear, but it is none the less true, and relevant.

At the end of the Bush administration, this economy was in free fall. That is the truth, and no amount of spin will change it.

Since Obama's election, the GOP (Gang Of Pricks that has come to mean) has had as its only goal the defeat of Obama, and they do not care who else they drag down or how much damage they do to the country in the process. This is also true, and no amount of spin will change that.

I do agree that Obama was unprepared to deal with the single-minded intensity and nature of the GOP opposition. He most likely assumed they would act in good faith, and disagree with him on policy - not unexpected - and work with him to move the country forward. He probably was not entirely prepared for the reality that the GOP only cares about defeating him and everything he wants to do and that they blatantly do not care about anything else.

But the reality is that metaphorically speaking, Bush did in fact set the house on fire, and the GOP does in fact have snipers positioned all around the burning house to make sure nothing happens to improve the situation.

This is the reality. I know it is painful for some to hear, but that is not my problem.

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 11:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Germanicus

Obama is a war mongering jerk. Are you actually defending Obama? Why? What on earth would you defend him for? Do you like his 'kill list' or something?

He cant even pass a budget. He is a joke and a failure.

Obama has managed to turn the world against America. We were blaming Republicans before. Imagine our shock when we find out that Obama is more of the same. Obama is the last straw. You can blame him when the USD is unseated as the reserve. He could have fixed things. Instead, he has doomed the US. He must be the biggest failure of a President in US history. The only thing Obama has done is take some heat off of Jimmy Carter.

Obama makes me sick. What a liar. What a failure. He has doomed the US.
edit on 23-6-2012 by Germanicus because: (no reason given)

You are so wrong. Bush turned the world against America. I and most other Canadians I know, like Obama, hated Bush. Bush set the country up to fail, Obama is trying to pick up the pieces.

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 12:26 PM
link   
Leading a community is nothing like leading a country. Obama was ill prepared for the job, the term man-child is very appropriate.

Obama supporters are unable to support his record without the mention of Bush, it's impossible. Reagan had a tough time overcoming the burden of Carter's ineptness, but Reagan never dwelt on it, got to work implementing his plans and won reelection by a landslide. Obama will be a one-term President because he simply is overwhelmed by the job and his plans are not working.

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 12:27 PM
link   

I realize this guy's opinions make the Right's head explode but this, simple put, is why we can't have a political discourse anymore.

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 12:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

Excuse the hell out of me but use a FACT once in a while.
at BO's inauguration, the Dem's controlled the presidency and the House and the Senate.
Don't blame the GOP for those first 2 years of anything - it was Totalitarianism on Capitol Hill.
If something wasn't done it was because the Gutless Wonder was afraid to take full responsibility for their actions. They wanted to make sure they could have some GOP on their side so when the innevitable failure occured, they could say it was "bi-partisan" instead of admitting failure.

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 03:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rocsgirl
reply to post by Honor93

Yes I understand what medicaid and medicare are.... I'm a Registered Nurse and deal with both medicaid and medicare patients every single day. I wasn't trying to explain in detail what they were, I don't feel like writing a novel. I made a quick note that the article had referred to medicaid and not medicare, and poster had mistaken one for the other. That's it. Why do people feel the need to pick apart my every word on here? And post comments with such hostility towards me? I post some article with a few statistics that "THE WRITER" NOT ME chose to compile together and call it 70 facts Obama does not want you to see. A couple of them have to do with Obama which I found interesting and expressed the impact of our economy seen in my daily life and work. My opinion might differ from yours but SO WHAT.

So leave it be.
well good, if you understand it then portray it in reality rather the "slanted" attack version you did. your opinion is not fact and in this case, it wasn't even accurate.

IF you are a nurse (which i highly doubt at this point), such explanations or corrections wouldn't be necessary.
btw, just because you might deal with patients, does not mean you deal with their billing or insurers directly.

considering the first 3 entries of that "list" are false, what can be gained by promoting it ??
after verifying the falsehoods in the opening posts, why would you bother reading or posting such nonsense ??

here, ppl tend to gravitate toward truth, that might be why they pick apart your post and/or opinion.

SO WHAT ??
truth matters, even if it is just your opinion.
and in this case, your "opinion" is/was so far off the bottom edge of truth, it is only fair to everyone else to point it out, so those who choose to can avoid it.

yes, the writer wrote it but YOU posted it and requested commentary ... if you didn't want others to evalutate the posting, why bother ??

it would be advisable for you to have posted the "entries" you found of interest and discuss them rather present the whole story as "fact", which it clearly is not.
since you apparently have no interest in a conversation, carry on with your unbalanced bashing.

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 05:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by flashtrum

It might be easier to think of this in terms of an analogy:

Ahh my all-time favorite excuse for Obama's horrible Jimmy Carter-esque Presidency - it's Bush's fault!

This country got swept up on the loaded garbage that was hope and change. I'm no Hillary Clinton fan but I would bet we'd be in much better shape financially with her in office. Plus she's no goof when it comes to dealing with the other side. That's PART OF THE JOB! Obama runs away from it and cries - "they won't work with me". Even the liberal Time Magazine printed an article pointing out that he hates dealing with Congress. THAT IS THE JOB! This man was WOEFULLY unprepared and without the experience required for the job.

I know it is an "inconvenient truth" and something many don't want to hear, but it is none the less true, and relevant.

At the end of the Bush administration, this economy was in free fall. That is the truth, and no amount of spin will change it.

Since Obama's election, the GOP (Gang Of Pricks that has come to mean) has had as its only goal the defeat of Obama, and they do not care who else they drag down or how much damage they do to the country in the process. This is also true, and no amount of spin will change that.

I do agree that Obama was unprepared to deal with the single-minded intensity and nature of the GOP opposition. He most likely assumed they would act in good faith, and disagree with him on policy - not unexpected - and work with him to move the country forward. He probably was not entirely prepared for the reality that the GOP only cares about defeating him and everything he wants to do and that they blatantly do not care about anything else.

But the reality is that metaphorically speaking, Bush did in fact set the house on fire, and the GOP does in fact have snipers positioned all around the burning house to make sure nothing happens to improve the situation.

This is the reality. I know it is painful for some to hear, but that is not my problem.

It's not reality. You mention snipers and fires and want to claim you are speaking about reality? It's your opinion. And borders on some of the "opinions" of the left-wing attack dogs like Bill Maher - can't really debate the facts, so call names (pricks), speak in metaphors and say, "yeah Obama was unprepared and isn't really helping with his policies, but it's still the other guy's fault.

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 05:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by travisirius

All anyone has to do is google gas prices 2008 to see at the start of January 2008 regular unleaded was $3.08 a gallon. Your own article is innuendo and lies, this is why you don't vote Republican besides the obvious reasons. Many posting here that Obama was/is worse than EITHER Bushs is full of their own waste and expect the rest of us to have not remembered the last 20 years. Hello!!! we have film, tape, recordings proving you are misremembering current and recent history.
$1.89 gas my ass!
And for the guy (Flashtrum) who wanted proof the Republicans want to tank the economy by stop doing their job, embarrass Obama and see him fail:

www.rawstory.com...

Obstructionists to the treasonous power! Teaparty not paying last years budget causing a down grade in economy, 60 votes to pass anything. All these REPUBLICAN ideas and actions!
For those who think forcing everyone to have health care:
articles.boston.com...

articles.latimes.com...

www.mcclatchydc.com...

Meanwhile Obama & the rest of us want single payer:

pnhp.org...

The Health Care bill in the Supreme Court has already been rolling along so if the mandate is unconstitutional then back to a single payer like we all wanted and ObamaCare is passed and voted on and Republicans can suck it!
Last major country in the world to take care of all of it's citizens in the 21st Century like it should.
As for closing Gitmo, didn't Romney say he would DOUBLE it? Nice choices but if you vote Republican you vote against yourself and the rest of us, that's a fact!

Understand what was passed and what you will get if ObamaCare remains law is not "Universal Health Care". It is not the UK system where it's free for everyone - you will have to pay for it (or you are breaking the law - nice touch there). And as prices CONTINUE to rise you might even have to pay the entire amount.

I have a friend who works for a VERY large food corporation - This company that makes cookies and snacks and cheese and spreads (shouldn't be hard to guess who) is doing fairly well for themselves. Yet what they announced several weeks ago is that all of their merchandisers (the people that stock the shelves, set up displays, etc) that have been full time for as long as they have been with the company are now part-time. Still expected to work 38-39 hours, but no more health care and no more paid time off. In terms of the type of job this is, this was a decent-paying gig (bene's included, off course). Now my friend needs to find another job because he needs health care for him and his wife. Cobra is a joke.

Yeah, this guy is moving the country in the right direction. And convincing me this is true will never happen. One term. Let's 'hope' we can make that 'change'. Bush=Bad. Obama=WORST
edit on 24-6-2012 by flashtrum because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join