It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why Else Would You Be Here?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 10:30 AM
link   
I'm here because (1) I thrive on novelty, (2) I love a good "what if?" story, (3) I am fascinated by the intersection of physics and philosophy, (4) I get an alternative spin on straight news, and (5) I am a short story and songwriter, and I enjoy the conspiracy milieu.

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 10:51 AM
link   
Why am I here? Because I was dragged here, kicking and screaming, for the truth. Its here somewhere, you just have to dig though all the piles of ancient smelly garbage. You looking for a nugget of gold? I saw one just the other day. Yep, ATS has it all here, and then some.

You will find more here than you ever thought possible, you just have to spend the time, and read, contemplate, and use the gray matter God gave you. If your just interested in listening to the Bull horn of the Media, you can do that anywhere.

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 10:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by All Seeing Eye
Why am I here? Because I was dragged here, kicking and screaming, for the truth. Its here somewhere, you just have to dig though all the piles of ancient smelly garbage. You looking for a nugget of gold? I saw one just the other day. Yep, ATS has it all here, and then some.

You will find more here than you ever thought possible, you just have to spend the time, and read, contemplate, and use the gray matter God gave you. If your just interested in listening to the Bull horn of the Media, you can do that anywhere.

Agreed. However, whether the MSM or ATS...we still have to wade through the garbage to find the 'gems'. Are they really more prevalent on ATS? Maybe...but mostly here I see re-hashed versions of mainstream media's news...and not original thought.

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 11:02 AM
link   
reply to post by kalunom

My friend, to many, original thought is a new idea. It abounds here.......

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 11:15 AM
link   
reply to post by kalunom

Yours is one of a few names I recognize and respect on ATS Klassified.

I appreciate the kind words.

And...where did Germanicus go? It seems he left the fold...

Good question. We frequently didn't agree, but I felt he added to the diversity that is ATS. Maybe he'll be back under a new account sometime.

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 11:39 AM
link   
I originally came here because I was searching for answers and found this site held a good deal of things to consider in my own personal quest to understand. Now I come to browse the site topics sometimes in search for new ideas, sometimes to share my own ideas and sometimes just as support for those who came to share.

We are all at different stages in our understandings and awareness, perhaps when we start feeling like we are learning nothing new, we realize that we've become the teachers? Then maybe in order to move further we must teach those who are asking what we've already found answers to, so that everyone progresses to a level where new understanding and exploration is made possible.

Every era has it's time and every great period reaches a plateau before moving on to the next level. I guess it is not as fun being the teacher as it is the student, but even students have things to teach their mentors.

much love

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 11:52 AM
link   
reply to post by kalunom

just curious...why are you here? and does it really mean anything? are you wasting your/our time?

Everything is a waste of time in my opinion - we are either mired in delusion, or preoccupied with a search for some great truth.

Part of my daily ritual is checking headlines here, at Rense and in the MSM.
(Needless to say, MSM and alternative sites differ vastly.)

I also enjoy visiting Goro Adachi's site to see what he's looking at, and I like to check in on Alex Jones' audio stream to see what he's ranting about.

ATS by far has the best content of the places I visit, but I am always up for new suggestions.

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 12:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by DeReK DaRkLy
reply to post by kalunom

just curious...why are you here? and does it really mean anything? are you wasting your/our time?

Everything is a waste of time in my opinion - we are either mired in delusion, or preoccupied with a search for some great truth.

Part of my daily ritual is checking headlines here, at Rense and in the MSM.
(Needless to say, MSM and alternative sites differ vastly.)

I also enjoy visiting Goro Adachi's site to see what he's looking at, and I like to check in on Alex Jones' audio stream to see what he's ranting about.

ATS by far has the best content of the places I visit, but I am always up for new suggestions.

This is a good observation. Why do you consider ATS to have the 'best' content? If you are just checking in on things online? None of it is from personal (actual) experience, just from reading others' opinions and observations?

Where do you think ATS members get their 'unique' observations from? From somewhere outside of the mainstream?

For the most part, I highly doubt it...there are rare gems...but they ARE rare.

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 12:36 PM
link   
reply to post by kalunom

I'm here because, I can get more truth through regular people than the media.

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 12:45 PM
link   
reply to post by kalunom

I click onto ATS, because it's both very simple to open a tab for a website, and about 30% of the comments I read here are very interesting and intelligent. That is a high percentage in my experience on the Internet

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 09:45 PM
link   
its a way of keeping up with whats going on in the world ... along with entertaining at times reading some of what gets posted ...

I wasnt here .. you saw an illusion ... this post never happened ...

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join