It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Woman found with superhuman sight enabling her to see 99 million more colours than an average person

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 09:32 AM
link   
I wonder, do problems with vision correlate with a higher score? I would not think so, but I don't know anything more about eyes than I learned in biology 101. I am nearsighted, blind as a bat, and that stupid over forty presbyopia thing is starting to take hold. Test gave me a headache.

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 10:37 AM
link   
reply to post by soon2beaher

Interesting point! If she were to paint a color only she can see, using a color palette that only WE can see, would it just appear to us as more of a color that we can see? Or would it show up as blank spots because we cannot process it? Very curious indeed

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 11:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Chonx

I didn't know there were 99 million colors. How can that be.

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 11:43 AM
link   
Here's a simpler test to determine if you are a tetrachromat:

If all you see are three circles filled with dots of the same color, you are normal. If you see something different (such as different colored letters inside each circle) – immediately contact me in the comment section below. You may be a tetrachromat: very rare and super human.

www.blogadilla.com...

Most of us are trichromats and have cones that perceive red, green and blue light.

Tetrachromats have and additional type of cone that can perceive light at a different wavelength, in this case ultra-violet:

en.wikipedia.org...

About 1 in 24 women are tetrachromats and may not even know it. The gene is carried on the X chromosome and since women have two X chromosomes and men XY, only women could be tetrachromats.

Evolving trichomacy (red, green, blue cones) gave us a selective advantage when foraging for food, e.g. fruits and vegetables. But there is no selective advantage for tetrachromacy.

theness.com...

Being able to see into the UV spectrum must be strange, I hope these women find out about this rather than think there is something wrong with them.

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 12:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Char-Lee
reply to post by Chonx

I didn't know there were 99 million colors. How can that be.

Visible light falls into a spectrum between 390 to 750 nm. They are not discrete lines. A better question is "how much of the visible light spectrum" can we see.

The number 16 million colors you hear about is how many colors a 24-bit color monitor and video card can reproduce.

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 12:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Nicolas Flamel

Maybe these are the people that can see spirits...seems they say more women see them then men.

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 12:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Chonx

You think wrong. Experiences have been made in monkeys that have added (and altered) their eyes ability to see colors. IIRC a virus was used alter the monkeys genes.

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 12:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Chonx

Could there be any chance of a video recorder/camera that can see these extra colors coming from the study of this woman's eyes?

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 12:25 PM
link   

I'll dig around and see if i can come up with some more information.

if the old government have there way i can bet they would love to be doing the same........but more literally

S+F

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 01:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Alexander the Great
reply to post by Chonx

Could there be any chance of a video recorder/camera that can see these extra colors coming from the study of this woman's eyes?

We can make cameras (video or still, they all use the same digital sensors now) that can see a much wider range of the electro-magnetic spectrum than human eye is capable of, and they can see much smaller variances then we are capable of, too. We can take those images and then render them into images we can see artificially, so very tiny, invisible variances in, say the Cosmic Microwave Background Radiation, can be put into a color spectrum we can see (see the image in this link). If we could see at those wavelengths, and with incredible precision in those wavelengths that would be visible to us over the whole sky. As it is, we can't see any of it until we render it into a simple visible rainbow pattern.
edit on 6/24/2012 by LifeInDeath because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 02:23 AM
link   
reply to post by TruthxIsxInxThexMist

Glad everyone enjoyed that little test. Thought it might be interesting for people ! I hope a side effect of this will be that as many people can take it as possible, and be aware of their upper limit capacity for colour, and their limitations also.

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 06:22 PM
link   
That test was interesting and it did make my head hurt and heat up a bit! I got a 4.

I don't think I have any super powers but my hearing at the extreme low end seems to be better than most. At work when a delivery truck backs into the dock I can hear like a low "boom" that sounds like the coming of the Lord. Then I can hear or feel the engine idling and it almost causes pain. On a more joyful note (har!) a string bass sounds delightful if kept to a moderate volume.

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 09:34 PM
link   
Jack: How the hell can I get eyes like that?
Riddick: First, you've gotta kill a few people.
Jack: Okay. I can do that.
Riddick: Then you gotta get sent to a slam, where they tell ya you’ll never see daylight again. You pick up a doctor, and ya pay him twenty menthol cools to do a surgical shine job on your eyeballs …

On a more serious note that is amazing. I'd love to know what her experience of color is and not just a description. I wish I could share her sense of visual perception if even for only a moment.
edit on 25-6-2012 by constantwonder because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 07:06 AM
link   

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join